Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Cloned Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G950F (MT6580)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] How to root the Cloned Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G950F (MT6580)

[Development] How to root the Cloned Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G950F (MT6580)

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-10-2017, 06:19 PM

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-root-the-Cloned-Samsung-G...MT6580.jpg]

The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Clone (e.g MMB29K.G950FXXU1APFO) is an MT6580 powered phone running on Android 7 (Nougat)

How to root the Samsung Galaxy S8+ Clone
This post was last modified: 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
email tablet
email tablet
email tablet
09-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Hi

I have a problem , on miracle box , I cant get Miracle box to do its thing when I plug the switched off phone in . it shows in device manager the preloader on com3 and then just goes to showing charging battery.

I have flashed the phone with SP flash tool , in the same way works 100 %

Thank you 

Regards

Werner
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-02-2018, 03:18 PM
(09-02-2018, 11:47 AM)email tablet Hi

I have a problem , on miracle box , I cant get Miracle box to do its thing when I plug the switched off phone in . it shows in device manager the preloader on com3 and then just goes to showing charging battery.

I have flashed the phone with SP flash tool , in the same way works 100 %

Thank you 

Regards

Werner

Are you trying to root?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
email tablet
email tablet
email tablet
10-02-2018, 04:52 AM
Yes I am , bit I came right with the root .
I have downloaded the rom and with Magisk app manager patched the boot.img and flashed it with Fastboot , works 100 

The recovery in your download will not work , I tried with SP tools and fastboot.
(I would like to install some zip files )
it only makes screen go on and of , maybe this clone is not the same , here is this phone

Device Model : hero2qltechn
Device CPU : MT6580
Device IntName : hero2qltezc
Device Version : 7.0
Device Project : ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_HCT6580.WEG.A.L_P55
Device ExtInfo : SM-G950
Build Version : MMB29K.G950FXXU1APFO
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-02-2018, 11:07 AM

(10-02-2018, 04:52 AM)email tablet Yes I am , bit I came right with the root .
I have downloaded the rom and with Magisk app manager patched the boot.img and flashed it with Fastboot , works 100 

The recovery in your download will not work , I tried with SP tools and fastboot.
(I would like to install some zip files )
it only makes screen go on and of , maybe this clone is not the same , here is this phone

Device Model : hero2qltechn
Device CPU : MT6580
Device IntName : hero2qltezc
Device Version : 7.0
Device Project : ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_HCT6580.WEG.A.L_P55
Device ExtInfo : SM-G950
Build Version : MMB29K.G950FXXU1APFO

You could port Philz using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21495.html
Please create a new thread if you need further assistance on the custom recovery issue

Note!
email tablet
email tablet
email tablet
11-02-2018, 05:08 AM
[quote pid='130146' dateline='1518234733']
thank you ,  much appreciated the assistance  
[/quote]
Lord_Osiris
Lord_Osiris
Lord_Osiris
07-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Hello I have this exact model phone same build number etc. I am attempting to root it, as it has a lot of built in malware I wish to remove. There is one major problem. The USB option on the phone is grey out and instead of the {} symbols showing next to it in the setting sear5ch it show the image of an SD card. I have a theory that the maker used a OTB protocol to install the phone then when the firmware was installed the removal of the OTB card meant the phone was effectively locked into that Firmware with no cabled option to root or flash the phone. I have tried one root apks with no success. Kingo root and King toot and the above guide has anyone else had this problem or is there a way for me to reinstall the phones usb connect capability myself? Any advice would be most appreciate. I look forward to your reply.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
08-10-2018, 10:02 AM
(07-10-2018, 08:29 PM)Lord_Osiris Hello I have this exact model phone same build number etc. I am attempting to root it, as it has a lot of built in malware I wish to remove. There is one major problem. The USB option on the phone is grey out and instead of the {} symbols showing next to it in the setting sear5ch it show the image of an SD card. I have a theory that the maker used a OTB protocol to install the phone then when the firmware was installed the removal of the OTB card meant the phone was effectively locked into that Firmware with no cabled option to root or flash the phone. I have tried one root apks with no success. Kingo root and King toot and the above guide has anyone else had this problem or is there a way for me to reinstall the phones usb connect capability myself? Any advice would be most appreciate. I look forward to your reply.

Please create a new thread so we focus on it.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a new thread.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile