Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I need a scatter file for MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU, plus a little more help.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

I need a scatter file for MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU, plus a little more help.

I need a scatter file for MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU, plus a little more help.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
Enthusiastic Member
14-02-2018, 12:41 AM

hi all, my LG Prime Plus 4G model H522F (also known as LG Magna H522F) bricked and nothing works. No boot, no download mode, no battery charge notification LED... seems to be dead. It uses a MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU.
I don't have a scatter file and can't make one. I also don't have the bin/img files (uboot, preload, laf, recovery, etc).

I installed MTK USB driver, MTK USB VCOM driver and if plug phone in a USB port, the computer doesn't detect it, but in Windows device manager, a "MTK USB device (COM port 8)" shows up. But it keeps connecting/disconnecting every 20 seconds or so.

I'm not sure if it can still be revived. Thank you for any help you can give me.
This post was last modified: 14-02-2018, 12:41 AM by CiroConsentino.
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
mcfuddlebutt
14-02-2018, 04:52 AM
Howdy!

I was in the same boat as you. Be sure to download the PDAnet stuff. That's what ended up getting me up and running.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-02-2018, 10:49 AM
(14-02-2018, 12:41 AM)CiroConsentino hi all, my LG Prime Plus 4G model H522F (also known as LG Magna H522F) bricked and nothing works. No boot, no download mode, no battery charge notification LED... seems to be dead. It uses a MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU.
I don't have a scatter file and can't make one. I also don't have the bin/img files (uboot, preload, laf, recovery, etc).

I installed MTK USB driver, MTK USB VCOM driver and if plug phone in a USB port, the computer doesn't detect it, but in Windows device manager, a "MTK USB device (COM port 8)" shows up. But it keeps connecting/disconnecting every 20 seconds or so.

I'm not sure if it can still be revived. Thank you for any help you can give me.

What you need is a firmware for your model not scatter file for your phone's chipset.
A scatter file alone is pretty much useless in your current situation.
How exactly did the phone go dead?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
Enthusiastic Member
14-02-2018, 12:24 PM
(14-02-2018, 10:49 AM)hovatek
(14-02-2018, 12:41 AM)CiroConsentino hi all, my LG Prime Plus 4G model H522F (also known as LG Magna H522F) bricked and nothing works. No boot, no download mode, no battery charge notification LED... seems to be dead. It uses a  MediaTek MT6732 64-bit CPU.

What you need is a firmware for your model not scatter file for your phone's chipset.
A scatter file alone is pretty much useless in your current situation.
How exactly did the phone go dead?

I have the KDZ file H522f10a_02_VIVO.kdz. I read this file has everything, including boot/recovery images, but since I can't put the device can't in download mode, can't flash it with "LG Flash Tool 2014".
I rooted it with KingRoot 5.3, no problems there since I even rebooted the device 3 times afterwards, but then I made a mistake of flashing an unlocked bootloader so I could install Magisk to have permanent root access. The guy who made the tutorial and uploaded the unlocked uboot.img showed on his video tutorial that the phone is the exact same model as mine. I used Flashify to flash the boot file but then I made another mistake to reboot the device thru Flashify. The screen went black and phone was unresponsive afterwards.
I know this was completely my fault but and this model H522F was practically dead at launch, not even LG gives support for it anymore, but they still give support for the 3G model H502 (go figure).

Just for information, this device is not my first unlock/root attempt. I successfully unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP recovery and custom ROM in my LG G3 D855 about a month ago.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-02-2018, 05:46 PM

(14-02-2018, 12:24 PM)CiroConsentino I have the KDZ file H522f10a_02_VIVO.kdz. I read this file has everything, including boot/recovery images, but since I can't put the device can't in download mode, can't flash it with "LG Flash Tool 2014".
I rooted it with KingRoot 5.3, no problems there since I even rebooted the device 3 times afterwards, but then I made a mistake of flashing an unlocked bootloader so I could install Magisk to have permanent root access. The guy who made the tutorial and uploaded the unlocked uboot.img showed on his video tutorial that the phone is the exact same model as mine. I used Flashify to flash the boot file but then I made another mistake to reboot the device thru Flashify. The screen went black and phone was unresponsive afterwards.
I know this was completely my fault but and this model H522F was practically dead at launch, not even LG gives support for it anymore, but they still give support for the 3G model H502 (go figure).

Just for information, this device is not my first unlock/root attempt. I successfully unlocked bootloader, installed TWRP recovery and custom ROM in my LG G3 D855 about a month ago.

flashing uboot.img via flashify shouldn't get your device in a totally dead state
is the device totally dead OR it powers on but with black screen?
did you try anything else on the device aside from all you listed above?
also do you have a working phone same model as yours from which you can attempt to take a backup?

PS: not sure if download mode will work on this device as its MTK but you can try booting into download mode using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12199.html ; and see if it works
This post was last modified: 14-02-2018, 05:59 PM by X3non.
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
Enthusiastic Member
15-02-2018, 01:28 AM
(14-02-2018, 05:46 PM)X3non
(14-02-2018, 12:24 PM)CiroConsentino I have the KDZ file H522f10a_02_VIVO.kdz. I read this file has everything, including boot/recovery images, but since I can't put the device can't in download mode, can't flash it with "LG Flash Tool 2014".

flashing uboot.img via flashify shouldn't get your device in a totally dead state
is the device totally dead OR it powers on but with black screen?
did you try anything else on the device aside from all you listed above?
also do you have a working phone same model as yours from which you can attempt to take a backup?

PS: not sure if download mode will work on this device as its MTK but you can try booting into download mode using the method and see if it works

Flashify did something to my phone after I clicked the "reboot" button in it. Not even the LG shutdown animation played. The phone just turned black screen and everything went off, unresponsive.
yes, device seems to be dead, nothing works, not even power buttons and notification LEDs.
yes, I tried other things to make device initialize without success.
no, I don't have a working phone for a backup
download mode doesn't work, if it did, I would have flashed the KDZ back and restored the phone.

I should have never tried to unlock bootloader on this device. I recently acquired an used LG G3 D855 16GB. I managed to fully unlocked it and install a custom ROM, which works great (Fullmics 8.0).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-02-2018, 10:50 AM
(15-02-2018, 01:28 AM)CiroConsentino Flashify did something to my phone after I clicked the "reboot" button in it. Not even the LG shutdown animation played. The phone just turned black screen and everything went off, unresponsive.
yes, device seems to be dead, nothing works, not even power buttons and notification LEDs.
yes, I tried other things to make device initialize without success.
no, I don't have a working phone for a backup
download mode doesn't work, if it did, I would have flashed the KDZ back and restored the phone.

I should have never tried to unlock bootloader on this device. I recently acquired an used LG G3 D855 16GB. I managed to fully unlocked it and install a custom ROM, which works great (Fullmics 8.0).

Lets see what's contained in the kdz . do you know how to extract it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
Enthusiastic Member
15-02-2018, 12:04 PM
(15-02-2018, 10:50 AM)hovatek Lets see what's contained in the kdz . do you know how to extract it

I used WindowsLGFirmwareExtract v1.2.6.1 to extract the .kdz, then extracted the .dz file. A bunch of .bin files are there, but no scatter file.
Many system bin files and the following:
LGUPBASEMTK.dylib; LGUPBASEMTK.dll;
boot_233472.bin; cust_470016.bin; cust_732160.bin; factory_779264.bin; laf_200704.bin; lk_198656.bin; logo_312320.bin; pgpt_0.bin; preloader_0.bin; rct_777216.bin; recovery_266240.bin; secro_299008.bin; sgpt_1024.bin; tee1_365568.bin; tee2_375808.bin

The LGFirmwareExtract tool have a "Merge System-bin" button to generate a .iso file. I did it and opened with "ext2explore.exe" tool to extract all files from the .iso. Many files but the ones that caught my eye are: "build.prop"; "DFFileList.txt".
This post was last modified: 15-02-2018, 12:06 PM by CiroConsentino.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-02-2018, 05:32 PM
(15-02-2018, 12:04 PM)CiroConsentino I used WindowsLGFirmwareExtract v1.2.6.1 to extract the .kdz, then extracted the .dz file. A bunch of .bin files are there, but no scatter file.
Many system bin files and the following:
LGUPBASEMTK.dylib; LGUPBASEMTK.dll;
boot_233472.bin; cust_470016.bin; cust_732160.bin; factory_779264.bin; laf_200704.bin; lk_198656.bin; logo_312320.bin; pgpt_0.bin; preloader_0.bin; rct_777216.bin; recovery_266240.bin; secro_299008.bin; sgpt_1024.bin; tee1_365568.bin; tee2_375808.bin

The LGFirmwareExtract tool have a "Merge System-bin" button to generate a .iso file. I did it and opened with "ext2explore.exe" tool to extract all files from the .iso. Many files but the ones that caught my eye are: "build.prop"; "DFFileList.txt".

scatter file is still needed due to the current state of the phone. upload only the pgpt file lets see if it can be used to generate a scatter file
BTW is the battery of this device in-built?
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
CiroConsentino
Enthusiastic Member
15-02-2018, 07:43 PM

(15-02-2018, 05:32 PM)X3non scatter file is still needed due to the current state of the phone. upload only the pgpt file lets see if it can be used to generate a scatter file
BTW is the battery of this device in-built?

Battery is removable. It's the original that came with the device.
I was checking "SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1752_Win" (Smart Phone Flash Tool) and I found out that this tool does not support MTK model 67xx. If I'm required to use this tool, it will not work with my device.
This post was last modified: 15-02-2018, 07:46 PM by CiroConsentino.
Attached Files
.zip
pgpt_0.zip
Size: 1.97 KB / Downloads: 6
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next