Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

[Development] Mediatek (MTK) Auto TWRP recovery porter by Team Hovatek

Pages (80): Previous 1 2 3 4 580 Next
Panth3r
Panth3r
Panth3r
Techie Member
16-02-2018, 03:37 PM

(14-02-2018, 10:03 AM)hovatek Could you shed more light on this

Am just laughing at myself all this time the problem was right at my face. I assembled alot of images to debug this issue but what I forgot is that last time I copied your ramdisk's /sbin folder to a working twrp project folder. So, this is what I got, your tool didnt pass the correct image properties to your repack script and if it did then the repack script just decided to use some default props. The resulting image got a different kernel offset.
This post was last modified: 16-02-2018, 03:52 PM by Panth3r.
mizorakir
mizorakir
mizorakir
27-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone and thank you for this Porter.

I'm having troubles to apply this Auto TWRP recovery porter and also the Auto Philz recovery porter.
I have Accent Speed S8, Mediatek 6580 with Nougat 7.

When i try both porters i get this error which is the same for both Porters:
Here are the screenshots :
drive.google.com/file/d/16j0HnFkZKi87YbTjbIV_VkuX0O4g4F_I/view
drive.google.com/file/d/1OD9NC8iiXemsGz8WVBGG88N6ha-2-bxz/view
And here's the link to my stock recovery.img, boot.img and the scatter file : drive.google.com/open?id=1sK8N3_yLoXHF2bPhJlS63EQsHeY6tWJs

By the way "carliv image kitchen" gave me the same error.

Can anyone point me to the right direction please ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-02-2018, 04:41 PM
(27-02-2018, 03:30 PM)mizorakir Hello everyone and thank you for this Porter.

-sign is an extra layer of security introduced by oem. i don't think there's any boot-recovery tool available that works directly with -sign images
however, you should be able to extract the -sign image using the tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21005.html
at step 6 in the guide, you'll get the un -signed file [no need to proceed with the other steps after step 6]

PS: you can then use the recovery image you got to port a custom recovery
or if you were trying to root, then use the boot.img and the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html to attempt rooting
This post was last modified: 27-02-2018, 04:48 PM by X3non.
mizorakir
mizorakir
mizorakir
28-02-2018, 05:27 PM
(27-02-2018, 04:41 PM)X3non
(27-02-2018, 03:30 PM)mizorakir Hello everyone and thank you for this Porter.

-sign is an extra layer of security introduced by oem. i don't think there's any boot-recovery tool available that works directly with -sign images
however, you should be able to extract the -sign image using the tool www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21005.html
at step 6 in the guide, you'll get the un -signed file [no need to proceed with the other steps after step 6]

PS: you can then use the recovery image you got to port a custom recovery
or if you were trying to root, then use the boot.img and the guide www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html to attempt rooting

Thank you for your directions Smile 

Hopefully i rooted my phone and actually i did it using the same tutorial you mentioned, and i was surprised that the patch did work inside the phone but not using windows !!! Does this means Magisk use something similar to "FbWinTools" to patch boot.img (signed one like mine) ?

I used "FbWinTools" to unpack my recovery-sign.img and when i tried TWRP porter it worked it didn't give me any errors, but do i need to repack the recovery.img that was produced by TWRP Porter using "FbWinTools" ? if yes then "rePack" means "reSign" ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-02-2018, 06:12 PM

(28-02-2018, 05:27 PM)mizorakir Thank you for your directions Smile 

Hopefully i rooted my phone and actually i did it using the same tutorial you mentioned, and i was surprised that the patch did work inside the phone but not using windows !!! Does this means Magisk use something similar to "FbWinTools" to patch boot.img (signed one like mine) ?

I used "FbWinTools" to unpack my recovery-sign.img and when i tried TWRP porter it worked it didn't give me any errors, but do i need to repack the recovery.img that was produced by TWRP Porter using "FbWinTools" ? if yes then "rePack" means "reSign" ?

first all, some of these questions are not related to this thread so if you have any further questions after this, then create a new thread for it.
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

magisk works only on boot.img while FBwintools is an entirely different tool meant to work with any -sign file [they are totally not related]

for the question about repacking, FBwintools has the option to repack to -sign but the feature doesn't work. you can however try flashing the recovery.img you got from the porting tool using the same method /tool you used to flash patched_boot.img and see if it works
This post was last modified: 28-02-2018, 06:14 PM by X3non.
mizorakir
mizorakir
mizorakir
28-02-2018, 08:03 PM
(28-02-2018, 06:12 PM)X3non
(28-02-2018, 05:27 PM)mizorakir Thank you for your directions Smile 

first all, some of these questions are not related to this thread so if you have any further questions after this, then create a new thread for it.
see www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

magisk works only on boot.img while FBwintools is an entirely different tool meant to work with any -sign file [they are totally not related]

for the question about repacking, FBwintools has the option to repack to -sign but the feature doesn't work. you can however try flashing the recovery.img you got from the porting tool using the same method /tool you used to flash patched_boot.img and see if it works

Ok, i will do it, thank you.

Edit : It worked, but i tried it without rePack (or reSign) it again i just flash it through fastboot.
This post was last modified: 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM by mizorakir.
dwana
dwana
dwana
14-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Did not work for me, after porting I check the output folder but did not find any recovery image there.
paeffiong
paeffiong
paeffiong
14-03-2018, 07:25 PM
This tool is working flawlessly in my laptop
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2018, 11:10 AM
(14-03-2018, 06:50 PM)dwana Did not work for me, after porting I check the output folder but did not find any recovery image there.

Share screenshots or a video of what the tool displays while porting

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dwana
dwana
dwana
17-03-2018, 07:15 PM

(15-03-2018, 11:10 AM)hovatek
(14-03-2018, 06:50 PM)dwana Did not work for me, after porting I check the output folder but did not find any recovery image there.

Share screenshots or a video of what the tool displays while porting

This is the video uploaded for the error message am getting after I tried again I found this out.

youtu.be/_d3g_0lsPUM
Pages (80): Previous 1 2 3 4 580 Next