Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix note 4 oreo update problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix note 4 oreo update problem

[Please help] Infinix note 4 oreo update problem

12-03-2018, 01:41 PM

my infinix note 4 was running on nougat (xos chameleon) and yesterday i received a software oreo update.. I updated and it said XOS Hummingbird. but the mobile was lagging so i cleared cache partition, still device was slow. so i did a wipe data from recovery mode, and after that mobile restarted, shows hi screen and cant get past get a fresh start.

Now my mobile opens in oreo (XOS humming bird) and I cannot get past through after few steps of setting up of android. After connecting to WIFI, i get the option either "start as fresh device" or "copy data/app from other android or iphone or cloud". but both the option does not work. when i click start as fresh device, it does "Checking info" but return back to same option "data recovery" screen. i can only go back to "hi there" not forward. same happens when i go to other one option as well.

I CANT GET PAST THE STEP OF GET A FRESH START. IT SAYS CHECKING INFO AND COMES BACK TO SAME STEP. I AGAIN CLEARED CACHE PARTITION AND WIPE DATA FROM RECOVERY MODE BUT SAME PROBLEM.

why my phone didnt even ask any google user credentials or anything. it just stuck at data restore option...why?

is my mobile ok? why didnt it ask for owner google accnt info? should i change my google password now and wait for another 24 hours?

i m worried.. can someone help me plz.

MAIL.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-03-2018, 07:10 PM
(12-03-2018, 01:41 PM)pihubud@gmail.com my infinix note 4 was running on nougat (xos chameleon) and yesterday i received a software oreo update.. I updated and it said XOS Hummingbird. but the mobile was lagging so i cleared cache partition, still device was slow. so i did a wipe data from recovery mode, and after that mobile restarted, shows hi screen and cant get past get a fresh start.

MAIL.

did you take note of the build number of your phone before updating?
jovegod
jovegod
jovegod
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2018, 10:37 PM
(12-03-2018, 01:41 PM)pihubud@gmail.com my infinix note 4 was running on nougat (xos chameleon) and yesterday i received a software oreo update.. I updated and it said XOS Hummingbird. but the mobile was lagging so i cleared cache partition, still device was slow. so i did a wipe data from recovery mode, and after that mobile restarted, shows hi screen and cant get past get a fresh start.

Now my mobile opens in oreo (XOS humming bird) and I cannot get past through after few steps of setting up of android. After connecting to WIFI, i get the option either "start as fresh device" or "copy data/app from other android or iphone or cloud". but both the option does not work. when i click start as fresh device, it does "Checking info" but return back to same option "data recovery" screen. i can only go back to "hi there" not forward. same happens when i go to other one option as well.

I CANT GET PAST THE STEP OF GET A FRESH START. IT SAYS CHECKING INFO AND COMES BACK TO SAME STEP. I AGAIN CLEARED CACHE PARTITION AND WIPE DATA FROM RECOVERY MODE BUT SAME PROBLEM.

why my phone didnt even ask any google user credentials or anything. it just stuck at data restore option...why?

is my mobile ok? why didnt it ask for owner google accnt info? should i change my google password now and wait for another 24 hours?

MAIL.

Your mobile is OK its just software issue, you need to reinstall back the chemelon or do fresh hummingbird installation.
jovegod
jovegod
jovegod
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2018, 10:45 PM
(12-03-2018, 07:10 PM)X3non

MAIL.

did you take note of the build number of your phone before updating?
The update was OTA so normally it was supposed to support his device but I guess there is still some bugs that bedded fixing