Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] LEAGOO KIICAA POWER FLASHING
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] LEAGOO KIICAA POWER FLASHING

[Please help] LEAGOO KIICAA POWER FLASHING

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
21-03-2018, 03:11 AM

Hi gurus, pls I need help fixing a leagoo kiicaa power.

What happened was that I tried to root it by flashing a TWRP recovery for it but after the successful flashing it refuses to boot into the recovery mode directly. it will only boot normally then if i use reboot then hold the vol up button (which is its combination) it will then show the stock recovery.

Before doing this, I have already enabled USB Debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer options.

Then I read some info on the net about unlocking the bootloader first before the recovery can stay, so I unlocked it using the fastboot method and flashed the recovery image again, yet I got the same response as before.

So I finally resorted to using the flashboot method to push the recovery.img in and it was sucesssful but then the phone got stuck at boot logo. Mind you, the charging animation was still showing normally.

Now I have downloaded the Stock ROM files for it (LEAGOO_KIICAA POWER_OS3.0 Lite_20170915 t592 version). So I flashed only the stock recovery and boot.img but it refused to boot up normally.

Finally, I used the Format + Download option to push in all the stock ROM files fresh and to eliminate the unlocked bootloader part too (at least, to be in fresh state) but it is now showing blank black screen without showing the boot logo or anything else. Although, it still vibrates and reboot but nothing else is showing.

What's the way out to revive it pls?

I didn't jot down the build number or the other info in the about menu options in settings but I know it is the t592 version from the recovery menu.
This post was last modified: 21-03-2018, 03:13 AM by ryfoz.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
21-03-2018, 08:41 AM
There has been a new development on the device. I thought the device was stuck at the boot part (probably recovery or boot logo) but it appears the phone has fully booted up but it is just not showing anything.

I detected this from the charging sound it is making when I plug and unplug it. Even power button is working as it should by locking and unlocking the device but it is just not displaying anything besides a black screen.

How do I proceed?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-03-2018, 10:43 AM
(21-03-2018, 08:41 AM)ryfoz There has been a new development on the device. I thought the device was stuck at the boot part (probably recovery or boot logo) but it appears the phone has fully booted up but it is just not showing anything.

I detected this from the charging sound it is making when I plug and unplug it. Even power button is working as it should by locking and unlocking the device but it is just not displaying anything besides a black screen.

How do I proceed?

This is due to an incompatible LK.bin. You need to find another firmware and flash only LK.bin
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1667.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-03-2018, 10:44 AM
(21-03-2018, 03:11 AM)ryfoz Hi gurus, pls I need help fixing a leagoo kiicaa power.

What happened was that I tried to root it by flashing a TWRP recovery for it but after the successful flashing it refuses to boot into the recovery mode directly. it will only boot normally then if i use reboot then hold the vol up button (which is its combination) it will then show the stock recovery.

Before doing this, I have already enabled USB Debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer options.

This must mean the recovery image is not compatible with your device. That or your phone uses DM-Verity

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
22-03-2018, 12:20 AM

(21-03-2018, 10:44 AM)hovatek This must mean the recovery image is not compatible with your device. That or your phone uses DM-Verity

"Under the assumption the recovery is compatible for the device" what's the solution to the latter? How do I successfully push the recovery in to flash my super su zip file?
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
22-03-2018, 09:16 AM
(21-03-2018, 10:43 AM)hovatek This is due to an incompatible LK.bin. You need to find another firmware and flash only LK.bin

I flashed another lk.bin file last night from another ROM of different date but not different version. It didn't display anything still.

I also tried flashing all the ROM files too...same result - full booting but no audio or visual.

So far I have tried t592 files. Maybe I should try t591 files
This post was last modified: 22-03-2018, 09:18 AM by ryfoz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2018, 10:09 AM
(22-03-2018, 09:16 AM)ryfoz
(21-03-2018, 10:43 AM)hovatek This is due to an incompatible LK.bin. You need to find another firmware and flash only LK.bin

I flashed another lk.bin file last night from another ROM of different date but not different version. It didn't display anything still.

I also tried flashing all the ROM files too...same result - full booting but no audio or visual.

So far I have tried t592 files. Maybe I should try t591 files

Yes, try another

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-03-2018, 10:10 AM
(22-03-2018, 12:20 AM)ryfoz "Under the assumption the recovery is compatible for the device" what's the solution to the latter? How do I successfully push the recovery in to flash my super su zip file?

Your phone seems to be a unique variant so I won't be quick to make that assumption.
A better approach would be to root using Magisk at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
This post was last modified: 22-03-2018, 10:11 AM by hovatek.

Note!
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
23-03-2018, 09:13 AM

Boss you are so right on point. It is actually lk.bin file. So I was able to download only 1 ROM last night which was the t591 and flashed the Whole files to the device.

The result was that the preloader didn't work. I also noticed it has different partitions different from the t592 version.

So I pushed in the t592 ROM but used only the lk.bin of the t591 ROM I downloaded and alas! the screen came on but there was a hiccup. It kept rebooting from the start up screen. But whenever I swap the lk.bin of t591 back for t592 the phone would boot normally but won't show anything no produce any audio.

So I am confused on which version of ROM to download next...so far none of the t592 (2 ROM files I downloaded had worked) whereas the preloader or probably the whole t591 won't work completely. There's no way to be certain of what to download to resolve this.

I have a qstn: is it possible to open up (unpack) the t591 lk.bin and swap the contents responsible for the display to the t592 lk.bin and repack it like boot.img & recovery.img

Pls help me out here!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-03-2018, 12:12 PM

(23-03-2018, 09:13 AM)ryfoz Boss you are so right on point. It is actually lk.bin file. So I was able to download only 1 ROM last night which was the t591 and flashed the Whole files to the device.

The result was that the preloader didn't work. I also noticed it has different partitions different from the t592 version.

So I pushed in the t592 ROM but used only the lk.bin of the t591 ROM I downloaded and alas! the screen came on but there was a hiccup. It kept rebooting from the start up screen.  But whenever I swap the lk.bin of t591 back for t592 the phone would boot normally but won't show anything no produce any audio.

So I am confused on which version of ROM to download next...so far none of the t592 (2 ROM files I downloaded had worked) whereas the preloader or probably the whole t591 won't work completely. There's no way to be certain of what to download to resolve this.

I have a qstn: is it possible to open up (unpack) the t591 lk.bin and swap the contents responsible for the display to the t592 lk.bin and repack it like boot.img & recovery.img

Pls help me out here!

Modifying the LK won't be as easy as modifying boot or recovery.
What you can do at this point is to combine files till you get a working combo. Maybe you try only LK.bin and boot.img only from the t591

Note!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next