Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to flash Mediatek firmware (scatter)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to flash Mediatek firmware (scatter)

[Tutorial] How to use Miracle Box to flash Mediatek firmware (scatter)

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
12-03-2018, 10:00 AM

(12-03-2018, 07:03 AM)man138 I selected scatter file when backing up tecno L8+, if am to flash the phone via miracle box am I to tick scatter file and flash it complete or I will only select system.bin or just a particular file within the scatter file?
Please clarify me since there are lots of files inside the backed up firmware and I don't know which to select.

NOTE: the phone just hooked at boot logo, so what should I choose when flashing it with the backed up file.
I ticked the scatter option when backing it up.

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Tapatalk

Stick to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22278.html
man138
man138
man138
Experienced Member
12-03-2018, 05:06 PM
You should at least answer my question

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-03-2018, 07:17 PM
(12-03-2018, 05:06 PM)man138 You should at least answer my question

he literally answered the question in one of his posts in that thread
and BTW you shouldn't post one issue on two different threads. always stick to the thread you created for your device issue
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-03-2018, 10:06 AM
(12-03-2018, 05:06 PM)man138 You should at least answer my question

Doing this could get you banned as its considered spam. Please, stick to your thread.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Leonel92
Leonel92
Leonel92
Enthusiastic Member
25-03-2018, 07:43 AM

(06-11-2017, 09:40 AM)hovatek
(04-11-2017, 08:02 PM)promise osaretin my point is inside the Twrp file i downloaded. it shows recovery.img and the scatter file text. The problem is the Twrp .img extension whereas my firmware scatter format is .bin which is preloader.bin. it could not detect my preloader.bin which i am suppose to tick or include with the recovery.bin. but it only shows me recovery.img and then when done with the flashing ,it shows error. my problem here is the .bin and .img which is confusing. should i just rename my preloader.bin to .img extension manually or what. for it to detect it.

You're making a mistake of mixing SP flash tool targeted files with Miracle Box files.
If the TWRP zip you downloaded contains a recovery.img and scatter file then its very likely an SP Flash tool format and is to be flashed using SP flash tool (not Miracle Box). To verify, open the scatter file located in the TWRP zip you downloaded using Notepad++ and search for recovery. If file_name says recovery.img then the TWRP + Scatter were intended to be flashed via SP Flash tool.
Now, if you want to flash the TWRP via Miracle Box then
1. You ought to have made a Miracle Box dump of your phone
2. You're to copy out only the TWRP recovery.img (leave out its scatter file) then rename it from recovery.img to recovery.bin (not recovery.bin.img)
3. Using the scatter file from your Miracle Box dump, preloader.bin and the newly renamed TWRP recovery.bin , you can then flash via Miracle Box.

I hope I've cleared your confusion

sir, how do I rename the Recovery from Img to bin? Do I just right click on it and rename or do I use a tool like notepad++,

Because when I renamed from right-clicking, it still reads as .img.bin, and If I try to Rename using notepad++ I don't know the particular format it should be, there are hundreds of formats here
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-03-2018, 02:19 PM
(25-03-2018, 07:43 AM)Leonel92 sir, how do I rename the Recovery from Img to bin?  Do I just right click on it and rename or do I use a tool like notepad++,

Because when I renamed from right-clicking, it still reads as .img.bin,   and If I try to Rename using notepad++ I don't know the particular format it should be, there are hundreds of formats here

you either copy to your phone and rename then copy back to PC or use 7zip Manager

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Leonel92
Leonel92
Leonel92
Enthusiastic Member
26-03-2018, 05:53 PM
(26-03-2018, 02:19 PM)hovatek
(25-03-2018, 07:43 AM)Leonel92 sir, how do I rename the Recovery from Img to bin?  Do I just right click on it and rename or do I use a tool like notepad++,

Because when I renamed from right-clicking, it still reads as .img.bin,   and If I try to Rename using notepad++ I don't know the particular format it should be, there are hundreds of formats here

you either copy to your phone and rename then copy back to PC or use 7zip Manager

Thanks for your quick response, I successfully flashed it, but problem is that when I want to boot to recovery with volume + and power button, the phone boots up normally, how do I solve this.... I really really need to root this phone.

It's an Infinix note 4, 16GB 2gb
This post was last modified: 26-03-2018, 05:53 PM by Leonel92.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-03-2018, 07:01 PM
(26-03-2018, 05:53 PM)Leonel92 Thanks for your quick response, I successfully flashed it, but problem is that when I want to boot to recovery with volume + and power button, the phone boots up normally, how do I solve this.... I really really need to root this phone.

It's an Infinix note 4,  16GB 2gb

flash three time in succession and boot the device straight into recovery mode
if it still doesn't work, then its likely your note 4 is of a different build.
flash back your stock recovery then root the device using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
16-04-2018, 02:24 PM
(06-11-2017, 11:25 AM)promise osaretin Tnx alot .it finally worked. the issue now is after the flashing,i tried entering into recovering mode using vol up nd power but it couldn't instead booted normally.i tried vol up,power nd home key.it shows no command after showing infinix logo after boot. plz is there solution to this or is there any other method i can enter recovering mode to install twrp using pc via usb cord manually instead of going thru bootup.Tnx

Flash the TWRP recovery three consecutive times then boot straight to recovery mode.
francismwaura
francismwaura
francismwaura
19-06-2018, 09:56 PM

Hey, thanks for the scatter file my question is do you have a stock rom backed up using sp flash tool??. Thanks
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next