Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat

[Please help] Rooting Infinix Hot 4 Pro Running Android Nougat

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
09-04-2018, 08:38 AM

Hello Hovatek team. I've been trying to root my infinix hot 4 pro X556 16+2 A1 variant running the latest nougat release. Here are the challenges I have encountered.

1. Spflash tool and miracle box detect my phone as having the Mt6735 chipset instead of the Mt6737 according to the build.prop file on my phone. Therefore the scatter file for my phone was saved as Mt6735 by miracle box backup.

2. When I try to flash the ported TWRP recovery from Hovatek TWRP porter into my device using spflash tool and the scatter file generated by miracle box(mt6735) , I get a chip mismatch error. When I tried to use the Mt6737 scatter file for my device., I get the BROM ERROR S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054). The recovery.bin file I ported was obtained by miracle box dump and so it is definitely for my device.

3. When I tried to use adb fastboot method I realized that I have to first unlock my Bootloader which will wipe out my data. Is this safe? I have created a backup of all my data.

4. I also relized that ported recovery.bin file (around 14mb) is larger than the size of the recovery partition of my device. How do I correct this?
Thanks.
Build number X556-H371A-N-171229V207
This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 08:41 AM by obisco4u.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-04-2018, 01:01 PM
(09-04-2018, 08:38 AM)obisco4u Hello Hovatek team. I've been trying to root my infinix hot 4 pro X556 16+2 A1 variant running the latest nougat release. Here are the challenges I have encountered.

1. Spflash tool and miracle box detect my phone as having the Mt6735 chipset instead of the Mt6737 according to the build.prop file on my phone. Therefore the scatter file for my phone was saved as Mt6735 by miracle box  backup.

2. When I try to flash  the ported TWRP recovery from Hovatek TWRP porter into my device using spflash tool and the scatter file generated by miracle box(mt6735)  , I get a chip mismatch error. When I tried to use the Mt6737 scatter file for my device., I get the BROM ERROR S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054). The recovery.bin file   I ported was obtained by miracle box dump and so it is definitely for my device.

3. When I tried to use adb fastboot method I realized that I have to first unlock my Bootloader which will wipe out my data. Is this safe? I have created a backup of all my data.

4. I also relized that ported recovery.bin file (around 14mb) is larger than the size of the recovery partition of my device. How do I correct this?
Thanks.

1. Don't worry about this. Some chipsets have different MT**** numbers but have the same hardware.
2. You should be flashing back with Miracle Box (include preloader.bin when flashing) not SP flash tool (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
). Using a Miracle Box scatter file in sp flash tool will most likely give an error.
3. There's no need to use the fastboot / bootloader method
4. Not to worry about this. The max partition size is 16MB

Instead of using custom recovery, I suggest you root using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 01:03 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
09-04-2018, 04:47 PM
(09-04-2018, 01:01 PM)hovatek
(09-04-2018, 08:38 AM)obisco4u Hello Hovatek team. I've been trying to root my infinix hot 4 pro X556 16+2 A1 variant running the latest nougat release. Here are the challenges I have encountered.

1. Spflash tool and miracle box detect my phone as having the Mt6735 chipset instead of the Mt6737 according to the build.prop file on my phone. Therefore the scatter file for my phone was saved as Mt6735 by miracle box  backup.

2. When I try to flash  the ported TWRP recovery from Hovatek TWRP porter into my device using spflash tool and the scatter file generated by miracle box(mt6735)  , I get a chip mismatch error. When I tried to use the Mt6737 scatter file for my device., I get the BROM ERROR S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054). The recovery.bin file   I ported was obtained by miracle box dump and so it is definitely for my device.

Thanks.

1. Don't worry about this. Some chipsets have different MT**** numbers but have the same hardware.
2. You should be flashing back with Miracle Box (include preloader.bin when flashing) not SP flash tool (refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
). Using a Miracle Box scatter file in sp flash tool will most likely give an error.
3. There's no need to use the fastboot / bootloader method
4. Not to worry about this. The max partition size is 16MB

Instead of using custom recovery, I suggest you root using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html

Thanks for the tips.
The miracle box I use (v2.54) keeps popping up access violation error so I want to stop using it. Also, messing around with my preloader.bin and boot.bin seems highly risky compared to flashing custom recovery, due to errors that may occur during the process. What method minimizes risk of bricking my phone?
Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2018, 05:51 PM
(09-04-2018, 04:47 PM)obisco4u Thanks for the tips.
The miracle box I use (v2.54) keeps popping up access violation error so I want to stop using it. Also, messing around with my preloader.bin and boot.bin seems  highly risky compared to flashing custom recovery,  due to errors that may occur during the process. What method  minimizes risk of bricking my phone?
Thanks.

just so you know, you'll need to include preloader.bin when flashing using miracle box even if its only recovery you intend to flash
as for risk, there is risk even in flashing only a custom recovery

if you really want to feel safe, then search for and download the stock rom of your phone's build OR dump the firmware directly from the phone [you can try wwr tool if that would work OR best use a hardware box / dongle for backup]
This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 05:52 PM by X3non.
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
10-04-2018, 01:26 PM

Please is there any other flash tool i can use apart from splash tool and miracle box?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-04-2018, 05:55 PM
(10-04-2018, 01:26 PM)obisco4u Please is there any other flash tool i can use apart from splash tool and miracle box?

yes, using hardware boxes such as CM2 [mtk]
This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 06:15 PM by X3non.
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
11-04-2018, 12:12 PM
(10-04-2018, 05:55 PM)X3non
(10-04-2018, 01:26 PM)obisco4u Please is there any other flash tool i can use apart from splash tool and miracle box?

yes, using hardware boxes such as CM2 [mtk]
Is there any way I can trick spflash tool into believing that the recovery.bin am trying to flash is actually for my phone? I have tried several fixes for the DRAM FAILED 5054 ERROR and still no change. I've unpacked the recovery.bin and compared to that of the stock, modified and repacked and flashed but still got the same error.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-04-2018, 02:28 PM
(11-04-2018, 12:12 PM)obisco4u Is there any way I can trick spflash tool into believing that the recovery.bin am trying to flash is actually for my phone? I have tried several fixes for the DRAM FAILED 5054 ERROR and still no change. I've unpacked the recovery.bin and compared to that of the stock, modified and repacked and flashed but still got the same error.

NO, @hovatek already mentioned that you can't use scatter file generated using miracle box on SPft in his initial reply. you must use miracle box to flash
if you really want to use SPft to flash, then its either you look for the stock rom OR dump the firmware of your device using a tool that generates a scatter file compatible with SPft [e.g wwr_tool, CM2mtk box, e.t.c]
obisco4u
obisco4u
obisco4u
13-04-2018, 06:08 PM
(11-04-2018, 02:28 PM)X3non
(11-04-2018, 12:12 PM)obisco4u Is there any way I can trick spflash tool into believing that the recovery.bin am trying to flash is actually for my phone? I have tried several fixes for the DRAM FAILED 5054 ERROR and still no change. I've unpacked the recovery.bin and compared to that of the stock, modified and repacked and flashed but still got the same error.

NO, @hovatek already mentioned that you can't use scatter file generated using miracle box on SPft in his initial reply. you must use miracle box to flash
if you really want to use SPft to flash, then its either you look for the stock rom OR dump the firmware of your device using a tool that generates a scatter file compatible with SPft [e.g wwr_tool, CM2mtk box, e.t.c]

I want to modify the recovery.bin file so that sp flash tool can flash it into my device. I have unpacked the recovery.bin file. What files inside do I modify to make it compatible?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-04-2018, 07:29 PM

(13-04-2018, 06:08 PM)obisco4u I want to modify the recovery.bin file so that sp flash tool can flash it into my device. I have unpacked the recovery.bin file. What files inside do I modify to make it compatible?

problem is not from recovery file but rather from scatter file
read my previous reply again if you did not
Pages (2): 1 2 Next