Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] How to remove password locked screen from tecno h6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] How to remove password locked screen from tecno h6

[Please help] How to remove password locked screen from tecno h6

pettsung13
pettsung13
pettsung13
Enthusiastic Member
09-04-2018, 10:29 AM

i have a tecno h6 which i have forgotten the password to unlock the screen. I backed up the phone and factory reset it. And after that i install CMR and TWRP but cant find tecno h6 among the phones listed
so that i can boot to recovery and mount mcard and unlock it
i cant enable usb debugging mode before i wiped the phone otherwise i can use miracle box to fix d password. i dont know how i can be able to enable usb debugging when the phone is locked.
thank you in anticipation
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-04-2018, 12:48 PM
(09-04-2018, 10:29 AM)pettsung13 i have a tecno h6 which i have forgotten the password to unlock the screen. I backed up the phone and factory reset it. And after that i install CMR and TWRP but cant find tecno h6 among the phones listed
i cant enable usb debugging mode before i wiped the phone otherwise i can use miracle box to fix d password. i dont know how i can be able to enable usb debugging when the phone is locked.

Slow down a moment.
You said you did a factory reset. Was there still a pattern lock after the factory reset?
This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 12:48 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
pettsung13
pettsung13
pettsung13
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2018, 04:13 PM
(09-04-2018, 12:48 PM)hovatek
(09-04-2018, 10:29 AM)pettsung13 i have a tecno h6 which i have forgotten the password to unlock the screen. I backed up the phone and factory reset it. And after that i install CMR and TWRP but cant find tecno h6 among the phones listed

Slow down a moment.
You said you did a factory reset. Was there still a pattern lock after the factory reset?

you can forget the first thread I posted, I was just explaining things I've done on the phone. Sorry about that.

I have a password locked tecno h6 and will like to enable usb debugging mode when I connect it to the system. I can't recall the password and I don't want to reset it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-04-2018, 05:51 PM
(12-04-2018, 04:13 PM)pettsung13 you can forget the first thread I posted, I was just explaining things I've done on the phone. Sorry about that.

I have a password locked tecno h6 and will like to enable usb debugging mode when I connect it to the system. I can't recall the password and I don't want to reset it.

first make a FULL firmware dump [including userdata and cache] using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
then remove password using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13335.html

alt. if you still have TWRP installed on the phone, then ignore the steps above and remove the password using TWRP method in the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13324.html
BTW the question @hovatek asked is important because depending on the answer you give, none of these methods will work
pettsung13
pettsung13
pettsung13
Enthusiastic Member
13-04-2018, 03:28 PM

Tnx @x3non it removed the pattern lock and user data as well. But I need my userdata so I restore them back from firmware as such the pattern lock came back. So I just need to remove the lock so my userdata can still be safe and intact.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-04-2018, 04:13 PM
(13-04-2018, 03:28 PM)pettsung13 Tnx @x3non it removed the pattern lock and user data as well. But I need my userdata so I restore them back from firmware as such the pattern lock came back. So I just need to remove the lock so my userdata can still be safe and intact.

its either you selected the wrong option in miracle box or that the method didn't work as expected on your phone
ensure you selected "reset code" or better still try using the "read pattern" option in MB
if none works then use the custom recovery [TWRP] method since you already have a custom recovery
MisganawTD
MisganawTD
MisganawTD
13-04-2018, 06:03 PM
is the phone mtk?
This post was last modified: 13-04-2018, 06:07 PM by MisganawTD.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-04-2018, 10:16 AM
(13-04-2018, 03:28 PM)pettsung13 Tnx @x3non it removed the pattern lock and user data as well. But I need my userdata so I restore them back from firmware as such the pattern lock came back. So I just need to remove the lock so my userdata can still be safe and intact.

If you want your userdata intact then you have several options at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-259.html . The TWRP, Miracle Box and ADB method (if rooted)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
13-08-2018, 02:29 AM
(14-04-2018, 10:16 AM)hovatek

If you want your userdata intact then you have several options at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-259.html . The TWRP, Miracle Box and ADB method (if rooted)

Excuse me sir,what if not rooted????
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-08-2018, 02:26 PM

(13-08-2018, 02:29 AM)Olusheye Olanrewaju Richard Excuse me sir,what if not rooted????

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!