Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Inbuilt speakers no audio
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Inbuilt speakers no audio

Inbuilt speakers no audio

Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
12-04-2018, 12:22 PM

My laptop Asus k52f have no audio on inbuilt speakers. Sometimes when I power it on i can hear the windows startup tone. Playing audio file or other key sounds does not produce any sound. It all started when I could play music and audio would just die out of no reason.Tried everything I can but not helping. External speaker work well though so am wondering what could be the problem. Please help I would like to listen to music with no external speakers again..
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
12-04-2018, 02:35 PM
(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)Bernard Chongo My laptop Asus k52f have no audio on inbuilt speakers. Sometimes when I power it on i can hear the windows startup tone. Playing audio file or other key sounds does not produce any sound. It all started when I could play music and audio would just die out of no reason.Tried everything I can but not helping. External speaker work well though so am wondering what could be the problem. Please help I would like to listen to music with no external speakers again..

did you recently update anything e.g OS or drivers on your PC?
and have you tried doing a system restore?
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
12-04-2018, 07:47 PM
(12-04-2018, 02:35 PM)freshtyt
(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)Bernard Chongo My laptop Asus k52f have no audio on inbuilt speakers. Sometimes when I power it on i can hear the windows startup tone. Playing audio file or other key sounds does not produce any sound. It all started when I could play music and audio would just die out of no reason.Tried everything I can but not helping. External speaker work well though so am wondering what could be the problem. Please help I would like to listen to music with no external speakers again..

did you recently update anything e.g OS or drivers on your PC?
and have you tried doing a system restore?

The problem started before updating drivers, so i updated drivers thinking that will help but sound card could not be updated. Checked manufacturer`s website for sound drivers but it did not help and I had to restore because there was completely no audio even though the icon was there. Windows is always on auto update.
juvette
juvette
juvette
13-04-2018, 11:13 AM
(12-04-2018, 07:47 PM)Bernard Chongo The problem started before updating drivers, so i updated drivers thinking that will help but sound card could not be updated. Checked manufacturer`s website for sound drivers but it did not help and I had to restore because there was completely no audio even though the icon was there. Windows is always on auto update.

Which version of windows did it ship with and which is it running on?
Some things to try:
* Update missing drivers using the method in https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21266.html
* Run a hardware test in BIOS
* Check your audio output settings (under system tray) and set your internal speakers as default under Playback devices

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
13-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Tried but still no sound. not sure if hardware test in BIOS you mean testing the speaker. they will show that they wrking but no sound. Was windows seven but now running windows 8.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-04-2018, 07:37 PM
(13-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Bernard Chongo Tried but still no sound. not sure if hardware test in BIOS you mean testing the speaker. they will show that they wrking but no sound. Was windows seven but now running windows 8.

consider reverting back to windows 7 but if the issue remains then its likely the speakers are faulty at hardware level and need replacement
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
13-04-2018, 08:59 PM
(13-04-2018, 07:37 PM)X3non
(13-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Bernard Chongo Tried but still no sound. not sure if hardware test in BIOS you mean testing the speaker. they will show that they wrking but no sound. Was windows seven but now running windows 8.

consider reverting back to windows 7 but if the issue remains then its likely the speakers are faulty at hardware level and need replacement
Thank you
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
Bernard Chongo
16-04-2018, 02:16 PM
(13-04-2018, 08:59 PM)Bernard Chongo
(13-04-2018, 07:37 PM)X3non

Thank you
Been listening to music from my laptop inbuilt speakers. The sound was perfect but after 2 songs audio died out. I am thinking it might be drivers fighting each other but not sure which ones. How do i check if drivers are not fighting each other?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2018, 04:23 PM
(16-04-2018, 02:16 PM)Bernard Chongo Been listening to music from my laptop inbuilt speakers. The sound was perfect but after 2 songs audio died out. I am thinking it might be drivers fighting each other but not sure which ones. How do i check if drivers are not fighting each other?

if you recall the answer you gave when asked "did you recently update anything e.g OS or drivers on your PC?"
that answer nullifies driver as the cause