Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Bricked Alcatel OT-991
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Bricked Alcatel OT-991

Bricked Alcatel OT-991

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Nimrode
Nimrode
Nimrode
Enthusiastic Member
12-04-2018, 10:34 PM

(12-04-2018, 10:56 AM)hovatek
(11-04-2018, 10:49 PM)Nimrode Any help where to find one? Checked all firmwares related to OT-991 and MTK6573 but none worked. All giving back errors.
Try

Thanks! Now managed to download one of them successfully, phone starts and charges. But unable to get through the Android logo, keeps looping. Under recovery mode all the options are giving an Android error page without any message. So I am unable to use a firmware from SD either.  Huh
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-04-2018, 11:19 AM
(12-04-2018, 10:34 PM)Nimrode Thanks! Now managed to download one of them successfully, phone starts and charges. But unable to get through the Android logo, keeps looping. Under recovery mode all the options are giving an Android error page without any message. So I am unable to use a firmware from SD either.  Huh

1. What's the exact error
2. Have you tried the other firmware? If not, do so

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Nimrode
Nimrode
Nimrode
Enthusiastic Member
15-04-2018, 02:06 AM
(13-04-2018, 11:19 AM)hovatek
(12-04-2018, 10:34 PM)Nimrode Thanks! Now managed to download one of them successfully, phone starts and charges. But unable to get through the Android logo, keeps looping. Under recovery mode all the options are giving an Android error page without any message. So I am unable to use a firmware from SD either.  Huh

1. What's the exact error
2. Have you tried the other firmware? If not, do so

It turned out after hours of testing and several version of SP flash tool download that it works only with SP flash tool version v3.1224.01
Important step that compatibility must be set to Windows XP SP3
Otherwise unable to flash the other firmwares.

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 991_131215125953 can not be flashed. Errors suggests that this firmware is not for my 991

OT-991D-2AALAP1 can be flashed, but takes some tricks to make it work (remove from USB and try again, battery out before each attempt, etc.). Done a Format first, then Download. Both went OK.
Result is the same as with the other firmware, Android logo keeps looping. Recovery menu on the phone is showing the options, but after selecting any of them, even ' reboot system now ' , it gives a screen of an Android with a ! warning sign, no error message at all.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-04-2018, 08:14 AM
(15-04-2018, 02:06 AM)Nimrode It turned out after hours of testing and several version of SP flash tool download that it works only with SP flash tool version v3.1224.01
Important step that compatibility must be set to Windows XP SP3
Otherwise unable to flash the other firmwares.

ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 991_131215125953 can not be flashed. Errors suggests that this firmware is not for my 991

OT-991D-2AALAP1 can be flashed, but takes some tricks to make it work (remove from USB and try again, battery out before each attempt, etc.). Done a Format first, then Download. Both went OK.
Result is the same as with the other firmware, Android logo keeps looping. Recovery menu on the phone is showing the options, but after selecting any of them, even ' reboot system now ' , it gives a screen of an Android with a ! warning sign, no error message at all.

Can the phone enter Factory Mode (Volume Down + Power)?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Nimrode
Nimrode
Nimrode
Enthusiastic Member
16-04-2018, 07:36 PM

With Volume Up + Power + Home it can enter to the Android system recovery utility. But there none of the options are working - ie. even a ' reboot system now ' produces an Android error screen with a ' ! ' sign, but no error message to get a hint on the error.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-04-2018, 08:07 PM
(16-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Nimrode With Volume Up + Power + Home it can enter to the Android system recovery utility. But there none of the options are working - ie. even a ' reboot system now ' produces an Android error screen with a ' ! ' sign, but no error message to get a hint on the error.

you didnt answer the question about booting into factory mode
meanwhile in recovery mode, try using either of the vol buttons to scroll and the other to select an option instead of using power button to select and see if that works
Nimrode
Nimrode
Nimrode
Enthusiastic Member
17-04-2018, 09:31 PM
(16-04-2018, 08:07 PM)X3non
(16-04-2018, 07:36 PM)Nimrode With Volume Up + Power + Home it can enter to the Android system recovery utility. But there none of the options are working - ie. even a ' reboot system now ' produces an Android error screen with a ' ! ' sign, but no error message to get a hint on the error.

you didnt answer the question about booting into factory mode
meanwhile in recovery mode, try using either of the vol buttons to scroll and the other to select an option instead of using power button to select and see if that works

It is not booting to Factory mode. In Recovery mode, turned out that I need use the button next to the Home. Now I can select all the options, able to wipe cache but unable to make a factory reset. There is no error for the factory reset, but after a reboot only the Android logo is showing in a loop cycle.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2018, 10:31 AM
(17-04-2018, 09:31 PM)Nimrode It is not booting to Factory mode. In Recovery mode, turned out that I need use the button next to the Home. Now I can select all the options, able to wipe cache but unable to make a factory reset. There is no error for the factory reset, but after a reboot only the Android logo is showing in a loop cycle.

Looks like you still need to try mode firmware

Note!
Nimrode
Nimrode
Nimrode
Enthusiastic Member
18-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Success! With SP Flash Tool V2.1134.00 used scatter file from OT-991D-2AALAP1 ROM, replaced BOOTIMG, RECOVERY and CUSTPACK1 files to Gingersam 2 custom files, used Download only this three files. No errors, phone is now using CWM recovery options, so managed to install Jefta ROM from the SD card that I prepared earlier. Phone now works properly again. Thanks for all the help!
Pages (2): Previous 1 2