Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] How to update whithout OTA or custom ROM?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] How to update whithout OTA or custom ROM?

[Please help] How to update whithout OTA or custom ROM?

shenjitzu
shenjitzu
shenjitzu
25-04-2018, 09:34 PM

Hi, I’m new in this forum and I’m a very beginner. I have a Tp-link C5 max (702C) [rooted] and I want to upgrade from Android 5.1 to 7.1.2. but there’s no official upgrade (and may be never) or customs ROMs for the device. I think that it is possible but I don’t know how. 

After a little research I concluded that I need “port” a ROM or “customize” my own ROM. Is that correct? If it’s, could you help me telling me exactly what to change and how? If not, any idea to do that?

Thanks.
juvette
juvette
juvette
26-04-2018, 10:39 AM
(25-04-2018, 09:34 PM)shenjitzu Hi, I’m new in this forum and I’m a very beginner. I have a Tp-link C5 max (702C) [rooted] and I want to upgrade from Android 5.1 to 7.1.2. but there’s no official upgrade (and may be never) or customs ROMs for the device. I think that it is possible but I don’t know how. 

After a little research I concluded that I need “port” a ROM or “customize” my own ROM. Is that correct? If it’s, could you help me telling me exactly what to change and how? If not, any idea to do that?

Thanks.

When there's not official update then your next hope is a custom rom. You'll need either of the two to update.
Only developers who own your device are likely to bother working on Mods for it

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 26-04-2018, 10:40 AM by juvette.
shenjitzu
shenjitzu
shenjitzu
26-04-2018, 09:36 PM
(26-04-2018, 10:39 AM)juvette When there's not official update then your next hope is a custom rom. You'll need either of the two to update.
Only developers who own your device are likely to bother working on Mods for it

I have been seeing that it is possible to use the kitchen of Android or Carliv but I do not know what files I should modify.
juvette
juvette
juvette
27-04-2018, 11:27 AM
(26-04-2018, 09:36 PM)shenjitzu I have been seeing that it is possible to use the kitchen of Android or Carliv but I do not know what files I should modify.

Simply put, the answer to your question (title) is No.
If there's no official update, you'll need a custom rom (whether by downloading or creating yourself). The tools you've mentioned are for creating.