Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] GIONEE M6 lite
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] GIONEE M6 lite

[Please help] GIONEE M6 lite

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Maing
Maing
Maing
20-03-2018, 06:59 PM

(20-03-2018, 06:25 PM)Maing
(20-03-2018, 05:26 PM)X3non
(20-03-2018, 02:13 PM)Maing the size is 3.6gb. i don't know how to check which partitions were dumped.please advise.

match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in the scatter file you used
all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included

when you formatted in SPft, what option did you choose; format all OR format all except bootloader?
and whats the current state of the phone; totally dead or it only vibrates when you press the power button?

i choose format all except bootloader the power button is not doing anything but when i connect to the computer sp flash tools responds and am able to flash the original boot.im that i had extracted.
Am trying to understand this "match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in
the scatter file you used all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included"

this is the scatter file i got after using the WwR_MTK. don't know if it helps
Attached Files
.txt
MT6737M_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-03-2018, 07:57 PM
(20-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Maing i choose format all except bootloader the power button is not doing anything but when i connect to the computer sp flash tools responds and am able to flash the original boot.im that i had extracted.
Am trying to understand this "match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in
the scatter file you used all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included"

did you by any chance dump preloader i.e emmc_boot1 before formatting?
what addresses did you input into SPft readback when you dumped that 3.6gb file?
attach the scatter file you used to perform the readback

this is a temp scatter file not full scatter file, use the scatter file to perform a ram test of your device @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21972.html , it should display the full size of your device storage

the first question is very important, because without preloader dump the rest probably will not be necessary
at which point you'll need to dump the firmware from a working M6 lite phone
This post was last modified: 20-03-2018, 07:58 PM by X3non.
Maing
Maing
Maing
21-03-2018, 11:59 AM
(20-03-2018, 07:57 PM)X3non
(20-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Maing i choose format all except bootloader the power button is not doing anything but when i connect to the computer sp flash tools responds and am able to flash the original boot.im that i had extracted.

did you by any chance dump preloader i.e emmc_boot1 before formatting?
what addresses did you input into SPft readback when you dumped that 3.6gb file?
attach the scatter file you used to perform the readback

this is a temp scatter file not full scatter file, use the scatter file to perform a ram test of your device @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21972.html , it should display the full size of your device storage

the first question is very important, because without preloader dump the rest probably will not be necessary
at which point you'll need to dump the firmware from a working M6 lite phone

No i did not dump the preloader before formatting.
attached is the scatter file i used. do you know of any place i can download the stock rom?
I feel that the only way out is to flash the stock rom. your thoughts please.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6737T_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 9.17 KB / Downloads: 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-03-2018, 04:16 PM
(21-03-2018, 11:59 AM)Maing No i did not dump the preloader before formatting.
attached is the scatter file i used. do you know of any place i can download the stock rom?
I feel that the only way out is to flash the stock rom. your thoughts please.

without a preloader backup, you'll definitely need stock rom
the rom for this model doesn't seem readily available online that was why i mentioned "you'll need to dump the firmware from a working M6 lite phone"
Maing
Maing
Maing
21-03-2018, 05:49 PM

okay thanks will look for a phone of the same model and then get back to you. thanks so so much for the responses i really apprecate.
benniche
benniche
benniche
16-04-2018, 06:28 PM
(21-03-2018, 05:49 PM)Maing okay thanks will look for a phone of the same model and then get back to you. thanks so so much for the responses i really apprecate.

hi 

dd u find the rom for this model !?
Maing
Maing
Maing
06-05-2018, 09:12 PM
(16-04-2018, 06:28 PM)benniche
(21-03-2018, 05:49 PM)Maing okay thanks will look for a phone of the same model and then get back to you. thanks so so much for the responses i really apprecate.

hi 

dd u find the rom for this model !?

Finally took the phone back to Gionee care.they restored it. i still desperately need to root this phone.
please help with clear cut instructions for a novice on how to backup the stock rom and root it.
thans
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-05-2018, 06:45 PM
(06-05-2018, 09:12 PM)Maing Finally took the phone back to Gionee care.they restored it. i still desperately need to root this phone.
please help with clear cut instructions for a novice on how to backup the stock rom and root it.
thanks

if you have a hardware box / dongle then use it to dump the firmware if not then its back to wwr_tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
ensure to read the instructions carefully and watch the video tutorial
Maing
Maing
Maing
13-05-2018, 07:48 PM
(07-05-2018, 06:45 PM)X3non
(06-05-2018, 09:12 PM)Maing Finally took the phone back to Gionee care.they restored it. i still desperately need to root this phone.
thanks

if you have a hardware box / dongle then use it to dump the firmware if not then its back to wwr_tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
ensure to read the instructions carefully and watch the video tutorial

will look for  a hardware box / dongle the post you the results.Wish there was a simple way to root this device.
am almost giving up on ever rooting it.
Maing
Maing
Maing
23-05-2018, 10:36 AM

X3non,
attached is the recovery image i got from the firmware i got through the miracle box.
please help with a custom recovery. thank you.
https://mega.nz/#!rFpRAQTI!hX2AcO-9pmxFJ...LaaEvPNmkM
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next