Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tool] Auto Font Unbricker
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tool] Auto Font Unbricker

[Tool] Auto Font Unbricker

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Team Hovatek created this simple tool to help unbrick Android phones bricked by changing font (Tested on Tecno M3, M7 and P5). The usual method would've been to flash the stock backup using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-unbr...id-device/ or this @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-89.html (for MTK users) but these would of course require the stock backup which might not be readily available.

# See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/0zLWvg-4L58

Requirement

Procedure

1. Connect the phone to the PC while stuck at startup logo

2. Unzip the Auto Font Unbricker folder

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_1.jpg]

3. Launch Auto Font Unbricker

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_2.jpg]

4. Press Y or any key to proceed

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_3.jpg]

5. The tool will attempt to connect to the phone. If the phone is successfully detected, it will automatically proceed with unbricking

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_5.jpg]

You'll get a success message once done and the phone will be rebooted

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_5.jpg]

6. If the device isnt detected , you'll get an error as shown below, see the FAQs

[Image: auto_font_unbricker_4.jpg]

FAQs

Q: My phone wasn't detected, what do I do?
A: The phone should be ON and in a mode that ADB can detect it, e.g recovery mode, factory mode or stuck at brand logo, whichever mode ADB can communicate with the phone

Q: I ran the tool and my device was detected but I got an error saying system partition is read only, what do I do?
A: It means the tool encountered an error mounting your system partition. Try flashing a custom recovery then mounting system under Mounts and Storage

Q: My phone is still stuck at brand logo after the process was completed, is my phone not supported?
A: We're very much interested in cases like yours because they help make this tool better. Please, send an email to support@hovatek.com and we'll contact you for a private session

Important Notice
If you're having problems using the tool and have a custom recovery installed on your phone then download the auto-font patch @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4S-Z72...NmT00/view and flash it in custom recovery mode
This post was last modified: 16-10-2019, 12:32 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
smartbingari
smartbingari
smartbingari
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2015, 12:01 AM
I tried but its like it doesn't get such access cos it says fail to mount read access only.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2015, 12:10 AM
(11-01-2015, 12:01 AM)smartbingari I tried but its like it doesn't get such access cos it says fail to mount read access only.

what type of phone are you using?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
larrytunes
larrytunes
larrytunes
Enthusiastic Member
17-01-2015, 07:46 PM
hi, i'm using a tecno h7 when i connected my phone to the pc and started the app it was saying cannot detect your device..... Pls is it that i don't have the correct driver on my pc or what?
This post was last modified: 17-01-2015, 07:48 PM by larrytunes.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-01-2015, 09:57 PM

(17-01-2015, 07:46 PM)larrytunes hi, i'm using a tecno h7 when i connected my phone to the pc and started the app it was saying cannot detect your device..... Pls is it that i don't have the correct driver on my pc or what?

was your PC on or off? try connecting while stuck at logo or in factory mode (volume down +power buttton)
..wiating..

Note!
Archangel
Archangel
Archangel
20-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I have used the auto font unbricker, but it will stuck on my boot logo......what do I do,please?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-01-2015, 07:14 PM
(20-01-2015, 06:55 PM)Archangel I have used the auto font unbricker, but it will stuck on my boot logo......what do I do,please?
Did it run successfully or you got an error?

Note!
Osamatic
Osamatic
Osamatic
23-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Hou can I use de update. zip
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-01-2015, 07:09 PM
(23-01-2015, 06:26 PM)Osamatic Hou can I use de  update. zip

boot into recovery mode then select update from zip

Note!
tolumichael
tolumichael
tolumichael
11-02-2015, 08:49 AM

I wasn't able to download both d auto font unbricker and d update....pls help
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next