Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] GIONEE F103 Pro issue
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] GIONEE F103 Pro issue

[Please help] GIONEE F103 Pro issue

Pinheiro Cyril
Pinheiro Cyril
12-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Hello Hovatek Team.

My name is Cyril and I am writing you from Lagos Nigeria. I tried to root my Gio ee F103 Pro device about four weeks ago and I got stuck on the boot logo after that. As I didn't back up before then, I went ahead to download a new stock room and I flashed it. It worked and my phone came back on. But since then I have been charged for sms sent to some Indian numbers. In fact, on a particular night, about N1200,00 was deducted from my airtime before day break. So I read about it and I discovered that it had to do with me downloading and flashing Indian rom. I have since downloaded about 11 different roms from different websites and I keep experiencing the same deduction.

I read that I could get this done by rooting and deleting some sales or something file. Well, I have been unable to root too. I have tried all the root systems available online but no luck yet. Most root apps do not root this phone successfully. I tried the SP flash tool too but at the end I get this PMT CHANGED FOR THE ROM: IT MUST BE DOWNLOADED error. I tried to fix it by formating the phone with SP tool just as it says on your site but every time I try this, the phone becomes dead and I will now have to reflash the rom again. I have tried other means too to root ADB command, Kingoroot, kingroot, iroot, but to no success.

Now I cannot root in order to delete this programmers making me lose money and I am stuck with these Indian roms. Kindly help me. Kindly help with a rooting solution or send me the link where I can download the Original GIONEE F103 Pro stock firmware where I won't be billed for messages I am not sending.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-05-2018, 03:28 PM
(12-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Pinheiro Cyril Hello Hovatek Team.

Thanks.

use the boot.img from the rom thats currently running on your device to root using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
once successfully rooted, you can remove the sms bug using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14671.html
This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 03:29 PM by X3non.
Pinheiro Cyril
Pinheiro Cyril
12-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Hello Team.

I read the instructions and forum links carefully but I am unsure where to get the boot.img for my device. Can you shed a little more light on that please? Thank you.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
13-05-2018, 10:12 AM
(12-05-2018, 09:56 PM)Pinheiro Cyril Hello Team.

I read the instructions and forum links carefully but I am unsure where to get the boot.img for my device. Can you shed a little more light on that please? Thank you.

Dump your phone's firmware using miracle @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html to obtain boot.bin then rename to boot.img
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-05-2018, 10:52 AM

(12-05-2018, 09:56 PM)Pinheiro Cyril Hello Team.

Yous said " I went ahead to download a new stock room and I flashed it. It worked"
There should be a boot.img in there. Thats what you use.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pinheiro Cyril
Pinheiro Cyril
14-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Hello Admin. Thank you for your time so far.

I have located the boot.img file in my stock firmware and i have also downloaded magisk and carefully followed the process that was explained in the post. Now, having successfully patched the boot.img, i wasn't sure what to do next as the options provided weren't too explicit on what to do with the patched file. So i copied the file from my phone's memory and i copied it to my desktop and then used ADB to flash it from there. The process was successful but my phone was stuck at the Gionee image during boot. After about twenty minutes of waiting, i had to reflash the rom. SO i am back to square one again.

Please kindly tell me what to do with the patched_boot.img file.

Thank you.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-05-2018, 02:45 PM
(14-05-2018, 12:44 PM)Pinheiro Cyril Hello Admin. Thank you for your time so far.

I have located the boot.img file in my stock firmware and i have also downloaded magisk and carefully followed the process that was explained in the post. Now, having successfully patched the boot.img, i wasn't sure what to do next as the options provided weren't too explicit on what to do with the patched file. So i copied the file from my phone's memory and i copied it to my desktop and then used ADB to flash it from there. The process was successful but my phone was stuck at the Gionee image during boot. After about twenty minutes of waiting, i had to reflash the rom. SO i am back to square one again.

Please kindly tell me what to do with the patched_boot.img file.

Thank you.

Retry the process but use Sp flash tool to flash patched_boot.img this time.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Ensure to rename from patched_boot.img to boot.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.