Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My CX air won't switch ON or Charge
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My CX air won't switch ON or Charge

[Please help] My CX air won't switch ON or Charge

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
17-06-2018, 03:22 PM

I wanna ask if  a memory card is needed when rooting Huh  cos I was following the tutorial on how to root camon cx air with philz recovery and on getting to the recommended backup part, it was giving me "E:can't mount backup path" so i just quit the recovery mode only to be stuck at the tecno boot screen with this text also;

"orange state
Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted, Your device would start in 5 seconds"
But NO!!! The device no go start Angry
and if you switch the device off, it'll switch On itself...
(i can't remember my build number but i know it ends with '141')

and i even tried downloading a stock rom yesterday but network wasn't friendly(it was night sub i did Big Grin )
Abeg who could guide me to fix this ish??? Huh  HELP!!!
hovatek
x3non
UPDATE: now the phone wont charge or switch ON
This post was last modified: 18-06-2018, 11:13 AM by Donbobs.
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
17-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Who's gon help???
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2018, 02:40 PM
(17-06-2018, 03:22 PM)Donbobs I wanna ask if  a memory card is needed when rooting Huh  cos I was following the tutorial on how to root camon cx air with philz recovery and on getting to the recommended backup part, it was giving me "E:can't mount backup path" so i just quit the recovery mode only to be stuck at the tecno boot screen with this text also;

"orange state
Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted, Your device would start in 5 seconds"

and i even tried downloading a stock rom yesterday but network wasn't friendly(it was night sub i did Big Grin )
hovatek
x3non

Your battery is probably drained at this point, leave it to charge.
Now, here's the deal. When you flash Philz and reboot without successfully flashing supersu then your phone might get bricked (which is your case).
A safer rooting approach is to use magisk @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
To fix your phone, you'll need to reflash the firmware but before you do that, you must find out your phone's current build number (you'll be using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html ) so we can determine the right firmware to flash.
read your phone info and backup in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
Let me know once you're done backing up because that'll tell us your Build Number
This post was last modified: 18-06-2018, 02:43 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
18-06-2018, 03:16 PM
(18-06-2018, 02:40 PM)hovatek
(17-06-2018, 03:22 PM)Donbobs I wanna ask if  a memory card is needed when rooting Huh  cos I was following the tutorial on how to root camon cx air with philz recovery and on getting to the recommended backup part, it was giving me "E:can't mount backup path" so i just quit the recovery mode only to be stuck at the tecno boot screen with this text also;

"orange state

hovatek
x3non

Let me know once you're done backing up because that'll tell us your Build Number

Thanks for replying... The thing is i downloaded a stock rom from another site since mega won't allow me to download past 700mb and then i flash the phone with sp flash just this morning... since then it hasn't been switching ON( seems the system.img i downloaded was corrupt)
even when i connect to pc, it connects and disconnect but spflash still recognizes it... Any hope?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-06-2018, 04:30 PM

(18-06-2018, 03:16 PM)Donbobs Thanks for replying... The thing is i downloaded a stock rom from another site since mega won't allow me to download past 700mb and then i flash the phone with sp flash just this morning... since then it hasn't been switching ON( seems the system.img i downloaded was corrupt)
even when i connect to pc, it connects and disconnect but spflash still recognizes it... Any hope?

was the flashing of the downloaded rom successful with a green tick?
also which files was ticked during the flashing?
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
18-06-2018, 04:39 PM
(18-06-2018, 04:30 PM)X3non
(18-06-2018, 03:16 PM)Donbobs Thanks for replying... The thing is i downloaded a stock rom from another site since mega won't allow me to download past 700mb and then i flash the phone with sp flash just this morning... since then it hasn't been switching ON( seems the system.img i downloaded was corrupt)

Yes boss, It was successful... What can I do?
Can i download another stock rom and prolly flash it again?
OR anything else you think i could do?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-06-2018, 04:56 PM
(18-06-2018, 04:39 PM)Donbobs

you haven't answered @xenon's second question.
since flashing was successful then the battery also might be drained, try charging for few hours. you can take out/reinsert the battery to fasten the charging process.
also, what's the build no. of the firmware you've flashed?
This post was last modified: 19-06-2018, 02:17 PM by hovatek.
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
18-06-2018, 05:44 PM
(18-06-2018, 04:56 PM)innagee
(18-06-2018, 04:39 PM)Donbobs

you haven't answer @xenon's second question.
since flashing was successful then the battery also might be drained, try charging for few hours. you can take out/reinsert the battery to fasten the charging process.
also, what's the build no. of the firmware you've flashed?

Oh!!! Didn't notice the other question... I ticked all of them
And also, it's a built-in battery so i dont know how to disconnect it

This is the buid no. - Tecno_CX_Air_MT6737M_N_170618
That's the name of the folder it's in... but it should be ver105
This post was last modified: 18-06-2018, 06:01 PM by Donbobs.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-06-2018, 08:52 PM
(18-06-2018, 05:44 PM)Donbobs Oh!!! Didn't notice the other question... I ticked all of them

ticking all means preloader was included, its either drained battery or incompatible rom
for inbuilt battery, you'll need to loosen the phone to get to the battery either that or you charge for some hours and see if it powers on
Donbobs
Donbobs
Donbobs
18-06-2018, 09:23 PM

(18-06-2018, 08:52 PM)X3non
(18-06-2018, 05:44 PM)Donbobs Oh!!! Didn't notice the other question... I ticked all of them

ticking all means preloader was included, its either drained battery or incompatible rom
for inbuilt battery, you'll need to loosen the phone to get to the battery either that or you charge for some hours and see if it powers on

i'll start charging till morning then.... Thanks
If the cause is incompatible rom, then i'll need to download another stock rom so can you give me the guide to flashing it so there probably won't be any preloader ish...
P:S - When i was extracting the stock firmware i flashed, the guy that was with the system said it brought out an error that the system.img is corrupt but I wasn't there then(quickly went somewhere and when i got back he wasn't there... He's just getting back now) so i flashed it with the corrupted system.img

Could  that be the problem??
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next