Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Please I need your help
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Please I need your help

Please I need your help

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
21-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Then maybe that is the reason,  I was holding volume up cos I thought doing that will enable flash tool to easily detect phone.  

Okay then,  I am going to connect and try again without holding any button.  Will let you know of whatever comes up
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
21-06-2018, 05:18 PM
Thank you, I have been able to backup using wwr_mtk tool and sp flash tool. It really was from the fact that I was pressing on the volume up button: that was why it could not readback but always giving an error code. .

Again, miracle box now detected and I was able to backup using miracle box. Thank you.

What is left is the fact that, I tried to port twrp using the method stated. I copied the stock recovery into the folder and pressed any key but it kept asking me to put the stock recovery into the stock recovery folder when that was already in it.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
21-06-2018, 05:51 PM
There is a problem,  in the mid of the guide,  it was said that you can turn on a partition by double clicking on false to true.  I did that and when I loaded the scatter as though I was trying to flash,  it said " partition nvram should not set "download is true"

This does not permit the scatter to lid so I tried to editing them to false using note poo ad++ and it loaded but now,  there is no nvram partition.. My question is,  why this?
This post was last modified: 21-06-2018, 05:53 PM by generation07.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-06-2018, 07:09 PM
(21-06-2018, 05:18 PM)generation07 Thank you,  I have been able to backup using wwr_mtk tool and sp flash tool.  It really was from the fact that I was pressing on the volume up button: that was why it could not readback but always giving an error code.  .  

Again,  miracle box now detected and I was able to backup using miracle box.  Thank you.

What is left is the fact that,  I tried to port twrp using the method stated.  I copied the stock recovery into the folder and pressed any key but it kept asking me to put the stock recovery into the stock recovery folder when that was already in it.

ensure the file you copied into stock recovery folder is named as recovery.img not recovery.bin or something else
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-06-2018, 07:12 PM

(21-06-2018, 05:51 PM)generation07 There is a problem,  in the mid of the guide,  it was said that you can turn on a partition by double clicking on false to true.  I did that and when I loaded the scatter as though I was trying to flash,  it said " partition nvram should not set "download is true"

This does not permit the scatter to lid so I tried to editing them to false using note poo ad++ and it loaded but now,  there is no nvram partition.. My question is,  why this?

which SPft version are you using?
try loading the scat file on an older / different SPft version
This post was last modified: 21-06-2018, 07:20 PM by X3non.
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
22-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Backing up now has been easy as ABC,  I have been able to backup now and even with miracle box.  I tried to flash a twrp which was ported using your tool and when I flash,  it flash successful but it still boots into stock recovery.  

With this,  I plan to format before flashing again and seem I think with that,  it will help.  

I updated the phone yesterday to oreo 8.1: coincidentally,  the twrp porter does not support oreo 8.1. Can you help with twrp recovery.  
Thank you very much for your help so far.  You have been of massive help to me.  Porting a twrp is the only thing left,  can you port for me 

generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
22-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Thought all was well. I need twrp, again: I tried to backup using miracle box after the update but it always tells me,  unstable comport.  

Please what does that mean and how am I to fix it.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing drivers, changed ports but the same thing.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-06-2018, 06:40 PM
(22-06-2018, 11:06 AM)generation07 ...
I updated the phone yesterday to oreo 8.1: coincidentally,  the twrp porter does not support oreo 8.1. Can you help with twrp recovery.  
Thank you very much for your help so far.  You have been of massive help to me.  Porting a twrp is the only thing left,  can you port for me 

v1.2 now supports oreo, you can download and try it at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html
generation07
generation07
generation07
Techie Member
22-06-2018, 08:29 PM
yes,  that version,  I downloaded the two. I can only open the v1.0 but v1.2 can't open.  It closes immediately after opening.  It is not cos of antivirus cos there is no antivirus on the PC.  

Additionally,  I used magisk to create a patch of my stock boot. when I flash,  it flashes successful but then,  when I reboot, my phone remains unrooted. Please what am I doing wrong. 

The same applies to the twrp I downloaded online,  when I flash: it flashes successful but it still boot into stock recovery.  I thought it was because I did not format the phone. I formatted and flashed the phone but yet still,  when I flash,  it flashes successful but still boots into stock recovery.  Please help me.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-06-2018, 12:58 PM

(22-06-2018, 08:29 PM)generation07 yes,  that version,  I downloaded the two. I can only open the v1.0 but v1.2 can't open.  It closes immediately after opening.  It is not cos of antivirus cos there is no antivirus on the PC.  

Additionally,  I used magisk to create a patch of my stock boot. when I flash,  it flashes successful but then,  when I reboot, my phone remains unrooted. Please what am I doing wrong. 

The same applies to the twrp I downloaded online,  when I flash: it flashes successful but it still boot into stock recovery.  I thought it was because I did not format the phone. I formatted and flashed the phone but yet still,  when I flash,  it flashes successful but still boots into stock recovery.  Please help me.

Please, create a new thread for these Oreo based issues as we're already digressing from the original topic of this thread
This post was last modified: 23-06-2018, 12:58 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next