Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Help needed reocvery for sc7731 hotwav Venus r8
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Help needed reocvery for sc7731 hotwav Venus r8

Help needed reocvery for sc7731 hotwav Venus r8

slytidar
slytidar
slytidar
20-06-2018, 10:12 PM

I have an HotWav Venus R8 Model Sp7731C .. for some reason it dosent boot and stock recovery shows error failed mount cache: invalid argument.
I can Provide you the stock recovery .. please will you create a working TWRP for me ? 
maybe that will help fix the cache ..

ht tps://drive.google.com/open?id=1kmSgPUlOIDXHNRAwGJ1Gb3O-_tWsKPDI
[/quote]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-06-2018, 11:56 AM
(20-06-2018, 10:12 PM)slytidar I have an HotWav Venus R8 Model Sp7731C .. for some reason it dosent boot and stock recovery shows error failed mount cache: invalid argument.
I can Provide you the stock recovery .. please will you create a working TWRP for me ? 
maybe that will help fix the cache ..

ht tps://drive.google.com/open?id=1kmSgPUlOIDXHNRAwGJ1Gb3O-_tWsKPDI
[/quote]

try using our porter @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21669.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
slytidar
slytidar
slytidar
21-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Already tried that .. but it results me with same stock recovery
I have tried a lot of recoveries even porting .. all gives me the stock recovery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-06-2018, 06:25 PM
(21-06-2018, 09:40 PM)slytidar Already tried that .. but it results me with same stock recovery
I have tried a lot of recoveries even porting .. all gives me the stock recovery

This might be as a result of you using a stock recovery.img from a firmware of a lower build number compared to yours.
Did you extract the recovery.img from your device / compare the build number of the rom you got the recovery from with your current build number?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
slytidar
slytidar
slytidar
22-06-2018, 08:55 PM

I extracted the recovery from the firmware I flashed on the the phone .. wouldn't that give me the same build number as well ?
Please suggest ..I'm willing to do any experiments
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-06-2018, 12:44 PM
(22-06-2018, 08:55 PM)slytidar I extracted the recovery from the firmware I flashed on the the phone .. wouldn't that give me the same build number as well ?
Please suggest ..I'm willing to do any experiments

After flashing recovery, do you try booting into recovery mode or you let the phone boot up first before trying to re-boot into recovery mode?
Its also possible the recovery isn't being flashed to the device. How are you flashing it?
This post was last modified: 23-06-2018, 12:46 PM by hovatek.

Note!
slytidar
slytidar
slytidar
23-06-2018, 06:13 PM
I always try to boot to recovery first
I use fastboot to flash
But flashed with spd flash tool also
It succeeds but still boots to stock recovery
Would it be because when I boot t stock recovery it always says error failed to mount chache invalid argument ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-06-2018, 10:48 PM
(23-06-2018, 06:13 PM)slytidar I always try to boot to recovery first
I use fastboot to flash
But flashed with spd flash tool also
It succeeds but still boots to stock recovery
Would it be because when I boot t stock recovery it always says error failed to mount chache invalid argument ?

something doesn't add up, flashing stock rom would normally fix that "mount cache error"
did you really flash stock rom?
if you did, then did your phone go through initial setup?
slytidar
slytidar
slytidar
24-06-2018, 06:44 AM
yeah thats the procedure, but seems after flashing it always gets stuck at boot. but flashing is success. and whenever i boott stock recovery it gives me that error.
im not sure thats why im trying to flash a custom rom.
I appreciate any suggestions
Thank you
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-06-2018, 10:06 AM

(24-06-2018, 06:44 AM)slytidar yeah thats the procedure, but seems after flashing it always gets stuck at boot. but flashing is success. and whenever i boott stock recovery it gives me that error.
im not sure thats why im trying to flash a custom rom.
I appreciate any suggestions
Thank you

If you did flash the stock rom for your device, are stuck in bootloop, are getting the mount cache error; coupled with custom recovery being unable to replace stock rom then you might be looking at emmc issues.
Quick test, rename boot.img to recovery.img then flash the recovery.img to the device.
Let me know if the phone can still boot into recovery mode

Note!