Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error

[Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
26-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Hi hovatek, I bought a Chinese brand from Jumia called SuperD D1 and when it landed I backed up the full ROM using WWR Tool + SP Flash Tool according to your tutorial (both video and thread guide)

The about phone shows MT6750T but it checking it via recovery mode didn't work (whenever it gets to the Android logo it just stays there, despite performing series of vol button and power button combo) until it reboots itself or I reboot it.
The battery is non-removable and another user of the device claims his device is getting stuck there too (we are both non-rooted)

Now this is a short description of the backup process: I selected MT6750 (I later tried creating MT6750T but that didn't work, got an error of mismatch) then got the ROM_1 (full ROM unprocessed)

So I headed over to WWR to finalise it, it started well but it gave me a notification that my device is MT6755 (not MT6750) and when it was done it had created a MT6755 scatter file for it (since it's my 1st time of using the WWR app I thought no problem).

So I went to test it on SP Flash Tool and the scatter file works (all the partition ticked)

Now I am trying to flash a Magisk User patched_boot.img for rooting with SP Flash Tool (not fastboot mode) and I am getting an error from SP Flash Tool saying:  "scatter: MT6755, device MT6750"

Also I don't want to flash it using the fastboot mode which may cause a bootloop and I won't be able to restore the device using my ROM backup on SP Flash Tool. Though the oem is unlocked, USB debugging is on as well and I adb files to do it.

NOTE: I have tried to start the ROM backup process by selecting MT6755 and I got an error from readback process, chipset error sortof

And most importantly the device won't wanna turn on again each time I experienced this error, it won't even charge as well (non-removable battery) until I press the volume down with the power button together for long. 

I am scared of losing my device when this method of revival stops working again.

Pls advise me on how to get a working scatter file for my ROM backup putting all my explanation into your equation. If you can tell me a way to get to the final phase of recovery mode as well, I will be glad (I tried adb command too to send it there but it still gets stuck at the Android logo)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-06-2018, 06:13 PM
(26-06-2018, 05:38 PM)ryfoz Hi hovatek, I bought a Chinese brand from Jumia called SuperD D1 and when it landed I backed up the full ROM using WWR Tool + SP Flash Tool according to your tutorial (both video and thread guide)
when you processed ROM1 using wwr, you got an MT6755 scatter file at the end of the process
did you manually rename and modify this scatter file?

name: from MT6755_Android_scatter.txt to MT6750_Android_scatter.txt

then edit using notepad++
change "platform: MT6755" to "platform: MT6750"
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
26-06-2018, 10:07 PM
(26-06-2018, 06:13 PM)X3non when you processed ROM1 using wwr, you got an MT6755 scatter file at the end of the process

1. Yes I renamed it to MT6750_Android_scatter.txt ( but didn't work still got sam error)

2. I didn't edit it with notepad++ to change the platform

I will try that next
This post was last modified: 27-06-2018, 07:07 AM by ryfoz.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
27-06-2018, 12:15 AM
(26-06-2018, 06:13 PM)X3non when you processed ROM1 using wwr, you got an MT6755 scatter file at the end of the process

Just tried it and it worked like a charm, you are the best boss.

However, flashing the file (patched_boot.img renamed to boot.img) I got an error: "Insuffient buffer" SCREENSHOT ATTACHED

The red bar completed, then the yellow and then the error appeared
I used SPFT v5.144

I didn't try it again becos I don't want to damage the new device in any way....luckily for me too the device boot up properly without an hitch but it wasn't rooted

Which way next boss? Or should I post this in the Magisk user + patched boot thread?
This post was last modified: 27-06-2018, 07:10 AM by ryfoz.
Attached Files
.jpg
insufficient buffer.jpg
Size: 318.48 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-06-2018, 10:58 AM

(27-06-2018, 12:15 AM)ryfoz Just tried it and it worked like a charm, you are the best boss.

However, flashing the file (patched_boot.img renamed to boot.img) I got an error: "Insuffient buffer" SCREENSHOT ATTACHED

The red bar completed, then the yellow and then the error appeared
I used SPFT v5.144

I didn't try it again becos I don't want to damage the new device in any way....luckily for me too the device boot up properly without an hitch but it wasn't rooted

Which way next boss? Or should I post this in the Magisk user + patched boot thread?

If I get you right, you are able to flash the boot.img you backed up fine but get this error when you try flashing the magisk patched boot?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
27-06-2018, 04:55 PM
(27-06-2018, 10:58 AM)hovatek If I get you right, you are able to flash the boot.img you backed up fine but get this error when you try flashing the magisk patched boot?

Oh no no no, I only flashed patched_boot but I stated that I had renamed it properly to boot.img before the flashing process. 

Another thing, my original boot.img is 16MB
but the patched_boot is 10MB (if it's any indication as to the cause of the error)
This post was last modified: 27-06-2018, 05:31 PM by ryfoz.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-06-2018, 05:26 PM
(27-06-2018, 04:55 PM)ryfoz
(27-06-2018, 10:58 AM)hovatek If I get you right, you are able to flash the boot.img you backed up fine but get this error when you try flashing the magisk patched boot?

Yes boss...exactly

Try booting into fastboot mode using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19503.html . Let's know how it goes.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
27-06-2018, 05:43 PM
(27-06-2018, 05:26 PM)innagee [quote pid='139579' dateline='1530114939']

Yes boss...exactly

Try booting into fastboot mode using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19503.html . Let's know how it goes.
[/quote]

Sorry boss I misread his post,  I didn't flash by boot.img backup because there was no need for it, device still boots fine

I tried to check to see if the fastboot would work but I  got a warning on my device screen in fastboot mode that going forward may cause permanent harm to the device because the boot-loader is locked

I checked again with hovatek tutorial 
fastboot getvar boot-loader (just like in the video tutorial sha) 

No response 

So I avoided any danger of proceeding which may crash the device

My oem is unlocked in Developer options as well as USB Debugging though I haven't tried performing bootloader unlock using adb commands because the last time I tried it on Leagoo Kiicaa power it crashed the ROM after typing fastboot reboot
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-06-2018, 07:19 PM
(27-06-2018, 05:43 PM)ryfoz Sorry boss I misread his post,  I didn't flash by boot.img backup because there was no need for it, device still boots fine

"Just tried it and it worked like a charm" - how did you verify that it worked?
you need to test the backup you made and be sure it flashes and works

BTW you got 16mb file cause SPft readback dumps the entire memory including empty sector and 16mb is the partition size of both boot and recovery on your device. this is nothing to worry about
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
27-06-2018, 08:11 PM

(27-06-2018, 07:19 PM)Xenon - how did you verify that it worked? you need to test the backup you made and be sure it flashes and works

BTW you got 16mb file cause SPft readback dumps the entire memory including empty sector and 16mb is the partition size of both boot and recovery on your device. this is nothing to worry 
I thought as the file (boot.img) was accepted then my scatter file problem is gone (no more chipset mismatch error) which also means I can flash my ROM backup or part anytime I want.
So I have to test ROM files 1st? ok. Pls boss I hope flashing the stock boot.img on it while the boot.img is still working fine won't cause a bootloop?   Huh  (I know it's silly but it's my new device and this is still the 1st week of using it)
I am scared as there is no way to revive the device if such happens, plus there is no stock ROM of it besides mine on any website (no way to even contact the company too)
Tnx, await ur assurance
This post was last modified: 27-06-2018, 08:13 PM by ryfoz.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next