Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error

[Please help] SuperD D1 scatter file error

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-06-2018, 11:23 AM

(27-06-2018, 08:11 PM)ryfoz I thought as the file (boot.img) was accepted then my scatter file problem is gone (no more chipset mismatch error) which also means I can flash my ROM backup or part anytime I want.
So I have to test ROM files 1st? ok. Pls boss I hope flashing the stock boot.img on it while the boot.img is still working fine won't cause a bootloop?   Huh  (I know it's silly but it's my new device and this is still the 1st week of using it)
I am scared as there is no way to revive the device if such happens, plus there is no stock ROM of it besides mine on any website (no way to even contact the company too)
Tnx, await ur assurance

There really shouldn't be any problem since the boot.img was extracted from your device. Its important to test (at least one file) of your backup so you know whether or not you have a backup you can rely on when you really need it. If you're however concerned about something going wrong then I suggest you refrain for now to avoid jinxing yourself.
If you must test your backup then you can try with non-core partitions like logo.bin (just to be sure the firmware can actually flash)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
28-06-2018, 02:00 PM
(28-06-2018, 11:23 AM)hovatek There really shouldn't be any problem since the boot.img was extracted from your device. Its important to test (at least one file) of your backup so you know whether or not you have a backup you can rely on when you really need it. If you're however concerned about something going wrong then I suggest you refrain for now to avoid jinxing yourself.
If you must test your backup then you can try with non-core partitions like logo.bin (just to be sure the firmware can actually flash)

ROM file tested and it flashed successfully without any error. I use the backup boot.img as well as SPFT 5.1628

Prior to this time it was SPFT 5.1744 I used to flash the patched_boot and got the insufficient_buffer error

But now I tried using the SPFT 5.1628 to flash the patched_boot again and I got this error in attachment below. It reads BROM ERROR: STATUS_SEC_IMGHDR_TYPE_MISMATCH (0xC0020029)

What next boss?
Attached Files
.jpg
error imghdr mismatch.jpg
Size: 311.97 KB / Downloads: 3
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-06-2018, 03:14 PM
(28-06-2018, 02:00 PM)ryfoz ROM file tested and it flashed successfully without any error. I use the backup boot.img as well as SPFT 5.1628

Prior to this time it was SPFT 5.1744 I used to flash the patched_boot and got the insufficient_buffer error

But now I tried using the SPFT 5.1628 to flash the patched_boot again and I got this error in attachment below. It reads BROM ERROR: STATUS_SEC_IMGHDR_TYPE_MISMATCH (0xC0020029)

What next boss?

This means your device only accepts -signed or -verified images (factory rom)
There are some things I've been wanting to experiment on such devices but I've not met anyone willing to risk a brick
One is tryng Multiport Download tool
This post was last modified: 28-06-2018, 03:20 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
28-06-2018, 08:20 PM
(28-06-2018, 03:14 PM)hovatek This means your device only accepts -signed or -verified images (factory rom)
There are some things I've been wanting to experiment on such devices but I've not met anyone willing to risk a brick
One is tryng Multiport Download tool

I don't know what those -signed/-verified images mean Huh but I get the factory ROM part. Meaning unmodified ROM files ryt? Rolleyes
Anyway as far as experiment is concerned I am a natural risk-taker provided my ROM backup can restore it via SPFT

And I don't get ur last sentence too, d u mean someone is trying Multiport download tool or 1. (One of the things you wanna experiment) is for me to try d download tool

Then can you explain more on what can be done to root this device, with likely risk in specific terms especially what this Multiport Download Tool do and how it can aid my rooting cause.

I thank you for giving me a ported recovery in the TWRP Autoport thread, it's the patched_boot.img that remains
This post was last modified: 28-06-2018, 08:23 PM by ryfoz.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-06-2018, 11:02 AM

(28-06-2018, 08:20 PM)ryfoz I don't know what those -signed/-verified images mean Huh but I get the factory ROM part. Meaning unmodified ROM files ryt? Rolleyes
Anyway as far as experiment is concerned I am a natural risk-taker provided my ROM backup can restore it via SPFT

And I don't get ur last sentence too, d u mean someone is trying Multiport download tool or 1. (One of the things you wanna experiment) is for me to try d download tool

Then can you explain more on what can be done to root this device, with likely risk in specific terms especially what this Multiport Download Tool do and how it can aid my rooting cause.

I thank you for giving me a ported recovery in the TWRP Autoport thread, it's the patched_boot.img that remains

Drop your gmail address if you're on Google hangout.
As for the patched boot, the magisk boot should suffice

Note!
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
29-06-2018, 03:54 PM
(29-06-2018, 11:02 AM)hovatek Drop your gmail address if you're on Google hangout.

rifoz4love@gmail.com
ryfoz
ryfoz
ryfoz
30-06-2018, 08:26 AM
(29-06-2018, 11:02 AM)hovatek Drop your gmail address if you're on Google hangout.

Still waiting to hear from you boss...meanwhile I used both the WWR Tool and patched_boot to root itel s32 (MT6580, running OS 7.0) and it worked easily, too bad this process can't work for me  Sad
This post was last modified: 30-06-2018, 08:27 AM by ryfoz.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2