Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix x551 bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix x551 bricked

[Please help] Infinix x551 bricked

Angie
Angie
Angie
29-06-2018, 08:14 AM

My infinix hot note x551 is dead after flashing wrong twrp now it's not even charging and in device manager it is detected  as mediateck preloader but not detected with sp flash tool
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
29-06-2018, 09:21 AM
It's stuck in preloader mode, you might need to wait until the battery drains or open up the phone and unclip the battery and clip it again and your phone should work properly, flashing recovery partition can't brick a phone
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-06-2018, 01:23 PM
(29-06-2018, 08:14 AM)Angie My infinix hot note x551 is dead after flashing wrong twrp now it's not even charging and in device manager it is detected  as mediateck preloader but not detected with sp flash tool

also the battery might be drained, so take out/reinsert the battery as @peter osoro suggest then plug the phone to charge for few hours.

you can port TWRP for your phone using the tool https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html once it powers ON.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-06-2018, 11:30 AM
(29-06-2018, 08:14 AM)Angie My infinix hot note x551 is dead after flashing wrong twrp now it's not even charging and in device manager it is detected  as mediateck preloader but not detected with sp flash tool

1. What files (apart from TWRP) did you flash
2. Was flashing successful or it got interrupted by an error?

If you wish to take out the battery then follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7338.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.