Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)

[Please help] TWRP for AllDocube Iplay8 (U78)

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
Thehobit
Thehobit
Thehobit
Enthusiastic Member
06-07-2018, 06:20 AM

Anyone can post the patched Boot.img with instruction how to root?
Nearly impossible to register 4PDA..
Thanks
Nach18
Nach18
Nach18
06-07-2018, 11:43 AM
(02-07-2018, 12:38 PM)masterbyte
(06-05-2018, 09:45 PM)Nach18
(06-05-2018, 08:12 PM)justin_midlet Congratulations for rooting your tablet
can you give me link to the Russian forum thread to develop my self?

Of course, but you will need a registered account and resolve a Russian captcha

Official link: ht tps://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=825910&st=20
(you are interested in the answers 133 and 137)

And download link: ht tps://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/11483808/patched_boot.img

(Until you have an account It lied with the link does not exist, If you only want the file, I have uploaded it by wetransfer:
Hi.
I am trying to root the same tablet and i need the patched bott.img. I have already unlocked the bootloader using fastboot command  and the only place were i can find magisk patched boot.ing is on russian site. and i have tried to patch the image myself, but it's compressed and magisk can't handle compressed images and gives me bad images.
please help me!

Hello! Sorry I have not answer before, I've been busy, but I'll do it in this thread to let know other users who try to root the tablet (sorry I'm in a hurry and I've used goole translate).

And I have bad news, after having searched forums, having asked groups of developers to perform a custom recovery (without success), and having tried to use all the hovatek utilities (that can you read in this thread) for several months I have not been able to root it ...

Even the same boot_patched.img (which I leave below for you to try for yourself) that was flash with magisk did not work properly because when turned on the suspend mode left the screen black without any use, and root permissions .. .
It simply did not allow anything to be done, that is, the apps (including magisk) detected that the tablet was rooted but did not work, the tablet supposedly had root rights without these making any changes

If I tell you everything it is because I have lived that feeling of not starting to enjoy a tablet until I have it perfectly rooted and with xposed, and until now, I still think it's a wonder.
But, with all the time I've spent trying to root it, I can confirm that this tablet CAN NOT BE ROOTED
This tablet needs a lot of groups of developers working to make a custom recovery, but this tablet is not very popular and especially being MTK they always give problems (this explains why they have fewer and fewer users ) In fact, you've already seen that in the 4DA Russian forum in all this time they did not answer my question (and possibly never get to answer).

For me this tablet IS DEAD, literally, after flaseh the boot_patched.img I spent some time testing it until it bricked, try hard reset but it did not turn on again, in the end it was sold to a friend for 10€ to use pieces...

Today I have a Bq Aquaris M8 (yeah, another MTK ...) even 10" model (with the same hardware) have its own TWPR, but not mine, because developers do not care to port.
And as the M8 is a good tablet I leave all root methods to enjoy it as a new terminal, and i love it.

I have already give my opinion, if you can not get the boot_patched work, you can sleep peacefully because there is no other way to root the terminal, I hope it has been helpful for you and do not waste more time as I happened to me

https://we.tl/6Tn5ZMJFcM
This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 03:04 PM by X3non.
Nach18
Nach18
Nach18
06-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Hello! Sorry I have not answer before, I've been busy, but I'll do it in this thread to let know other users who try to root the tablet (sorry I'm in a hurry and I've used goole translate).

And I have bad news, after having searched forums, having asked groups of developers to perform a custom recovery (without success), and having tried to use all the hovatek utilities (that can you read in this thread) for several months I have not been able to root it ...

Even the same boot_patched.img (which I leave below for you to try for yourself) that was flash with magisk did not work properly because when turned on the suspend mode left the screen black without any use, and root permissions .. .
It simply did not allow anything to be done, that is, the apps (including magisk) detected that the tablet was rooted but did not work, the tablet supposedly had root rights without these making any changes

If I tell you everything it is because I have lived that feeling of not starting to enjoy a tablet until I have it perfectly rooted and with xposed, and until now, I still think it's a wonder.
But, with all the time I've spent trying to root it, I can confirm that this tablet CAN NOT BE ROOTED
This tablet needs a lot of groups of developers working to make a custom recovery, but this tablet is not very popular and especially being MTK they always give problems (this explains why they have fewer and fewer users ) In fact, you've already seen that in the 4DA Russian forum in all this time they did not answer my question (and possibly never get to answer).

For me this tablet IS DEAD, literally, after flaseh the boot_patched.img I spent some time testing it until it bricked, try hard reset but it did not turn on again, in the end it was sold to a friend for 10€ to use pieces...

Today I have a Bq Aquaris M8 (yeah, another MTK ...) even 10" model (with the same hardware) have its own TWPR, but not mine, because developers do not care to port.
And as the M8 is a good tablet I leave all root methods to enjoy it as a new terminal, and i love it.

I have already give my opinion, if you can not get the boot_patched work, you can sleep peacefully because there is no other way to root the terminal, I hope it has been helpful for you and do not waste more time as I happened to me

https://we.tl/6Tn5ZMJFcM
This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 03:04 PM by X3non.
Thehobit
Thehobit
Thehobit
Enthusiastic Member
06-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Thank you Nach18, could you also post the scatter file?
So the posts 133 and 137 in 4PDA do not work?
Is there a risk of brick if trying to install the patched boot.img?
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Nach18 could you post the image anyway? 
i want to try to send image using fastboot, reboot tablet and with magisk installed install supersu, restore original boot.img and remove magisk and see if root works.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
07-07-2018, 03:30 PM
(07-07-2018, 02:49 PM)masterbyte Nach18 could you post the image anyway? 
i want to try to send image using fastboot, reboot tablet and with magisk installed install supersu, restore original boot.img and remove magisk and see if root works.

he already did, check his post at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-227...#pid140256 and what you are planning to try might not work cause supersu will need to patch boot too. doubt it will be able to successfully patch an already patched boot
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
07-07-2018, 04:13 PM
(07-07-2018, 03:30 PM)freshtyt
(07-07-2018, 02:49 PM)masterbyte Nach18 could you post the image anyway? 

he already did, check his post at ht tps://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22727-post-140256.html#pid140256 and what you are planning to try might not work cause supersu will need to patch boot too. doubt it will be able to successfully patch an already patched boot

SuperSu and other root methods patch system.img and not boot.img
magisk targets boot.img because is a systemless method of rooting.
We only have 3 options:

- patch boot.img to use magisk
- create custom recovery
- inject root on system.img and remove some apps to not increase size

i will not give up until i could root this tablet.
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
10-07-2018, 11:14 AM
Nach18 you are the only hope. Please post the image... i want to modify and test myself.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-07-2018, 06:23 PM
(10-07-2018, 11:14 AM)masterbyte Nach18 you are the only hope. Please post the image... i want to modify and test myself.

read his posts on this very same page 5, you'll find the link to his patched_boot
masterbyte
masterbyte
masterbyte
Enthusiastic Member
11-07-2018, 12:31 PM

(10-07-2018, 06:23 PM)freshtyt
(10-07-2018, 11:14 AM)masterbyte Nach18 you are the only hope. Please post the image... i want to modify and test myself.

read his posts on this very same page 5, you'll find the link to his patched_boot

sorry. i have some problems with chrome and this forum and my notifications are not showing up correctly and  only see nach18 post today.i switch to firefox all seems ok now.
i have downloaded the image and the bug reported by nach18 is confirmed, but i am investigating because i suspect it is a kernel bug and not a root issue.
so i will try to solve the issue and i have news i will post here.
Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next