Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Screen completly distorted after brick and recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Screen completly distorted after brick and recovery

[Please help] Screen completly distorted after brick and recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
janii
janii
janii
20-07-2018, 08:27 PM

I bricked my ulefone power 3s yesterday. Got bootloop (always reseted after 5 seconds) and could never go into recovery mode. This is "fixed". But now I face some mystical ****..

- Phone in a bootloop. Could not enter any other mode.
- Connection on pc always came and went due to the constant resetting every 5 seconds.
- Used Smartphone flash tool: Auto format flash and format whole flash. Took 3 seconds and Tool said success
- Phone didnt boot at all now. Black screen. No vibration when trying to power on. Nothing. Was able to connect to pc and keep the connection however
- Flashed official rom.
- "Phone finally boots..."

But.. I've never seen something like this

From boot to android menu, the screen is COMPLETLY distorted.
I dont know what to do anymore. What the hell is going on? The screen worked perfectly fine before. Even during boot loop. I didnt crack the screen. Nothing happened to the display physically.. Its literally before and after in terms of time it took.
I can still scroll down and up normally (but laggy) use functions etc. Its just that the screen is completly ****ed up. Im completly out of ideas.. Reflashing doesnt work. Problem persists.
Theres also this weird chinese text and key on the upper right corner. No idea what it means and never had it before.

See pictures...

https://imgur.com/a/vqAh5Jb
This post was last modified: 21-07-2018, 11:30 PM by X3non.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-07-2018, 09:14 PM
(20-07-2018, 08:27 PM)janii I bricked my ulefone power 3s yesterday. Got bootloop (always reseted after 5 seconds) and could never go into recovery mode. This is "fixed". But now I face some mystical ****..

- Connection on pc always came and went due to the constant resetting every 5 seconds.
- Used Smartphone flash tool: Auto format flash and format whole flash. Took 3 seconds and Tool said success
- Phone didnt boot at all now. Black screen. No vibration when trying to power on. Nothing. Was able to connect to pc and keep the connection however
- Flashed official rom.

I dont know what to do anymore. What the hell is going on? The screen worked perfectly fine before. Even during boot loop. I didnt crack the screen. Nothing happened to the display physically.. Its literally before and after in terms of time it took.
I can still scroll down and up nyormally (but laggy) use functions etc. Its just that the screen is completly ****ed up. Im completly out of ideas.. Reflashing doesnt work. Problem persists.
Theres also this weird chinese text and key on the upper right corner. No idea what it means and never had it before.

See pictures...

imgur dot com/a/vqAh5Jb

Where did you get the firmware you flashed?
What was the phone's build no before flashing it? (Did you take note of it).
Also, try booting into recovery or factory mode and see if the screen is still distorted.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 20-07-2018, 09:16 PM by xerxes.
janii
janii
janii
20-07-2018, 09:58 PM
(20-07-2018, 09:14 PM)innagee
(20-07-2018, 08:27 PM)janii I bricked my ulefone power 3s yesterday. Got bootloop (always reseted after 5 seconds) and could never go into recovery mode. This is "fixed". But now I face some mystical ****..

- Flashed official rom.

I can still scroll down and up nyormally (but laggy) use functions etc. Its just that the screen is completly ****ed up. Im completly out of ideas.. Reflashing doesnt work. Problem persists.

See pictures...

imgur dot com/a/vqAh5Jb

Where did you get the firmware you flashed?
What was the phone's build no before flashing it? (Did you take note of it).
Also, try booting into recovery or factory mode and see if the screen is still distorted.

Thanks for your reply

I think the first time I flashed was from needrom.
Also tried directly from ulefone site. But same thing.

I only remember the pre installed rom on my phone was 05.05.18 plus minus when I got the phone. For some reason im totally unable to find that version. Only earlier ones. So far I found 01.15.18 from needrom and 03.16.18 from ulefone. Was only able to flash these two but yeah same result. OTA version is also 03.16.18
No idea where the 05.05.18 is.

Boot and recovery is also the same. Everything is distorted. I cant explain how the f this happened.
This post was last modified: 20-07-2018, 10:02 PM by janii.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-07-2018, 12:08 PM
(20-07-2018, 09:58 PM)janii Thanks for your reply

I think the first time I flashed was from needrom.
Also tried directly from ulefone site. But same thing.

I only remember the pre installed rom on my phone was 05.05.18 plus minus  when I got the phone. For some reason im totally unable to find that version. Only earlier ones. So far I found 01.15.18 from needrom and 03.16.18 from ulefone. Was only able to flash these two but yeah same result. OTA version is also 03.16.18
No idea where the 05.05.18 is.

Boot and recovery is also the same. Everything is distorted. I cant explain how the ***** this happened.

The problem must be from the rom you've flashed. Maybe an lk.bin incompatibility.
You should look for yet another rom or someone with a working phone of the same model

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
janii
janii
janii
21-07-2018, 05:23 PM

(21-07-2018, 12:08 PM)hovatek The problem must be from the rom you've flashed. Maybe an lk.bin incompatibility.
You should look for yet another rom or someone with a working phone of the same model

I literally cant find any other rom. I also tried Airdroid to conenct my phone to pc and see if the stream shows the same picture too.
But on the pc it shows everything correctly.

I have no idea what to do.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
21-07-2018, 06:50 PM
(21-07-2018, 05:23 PM)janii
(21-07-2018, 12:08 PM)hovatek

The problem must be from the rom you've flashed. Maybe an lk.bin incompatibility.

I literally cant find any other rom. I also tried Airdroid to conenct my phone to pc and see if the stream shows the same picture too.
But on the pc it shows everything correctly.

I have no idea what to do.

Can you get access to a working device of the same model?

janii
janii
janii
21-07-2018, 07:02 PM
(21-07-2018, 06:50 PM)innagee Can you get access to a working device of the same model?

No I cant. I got it from china. I dont know anyone who owns this phone.

SP flash tool is the only tool that is able to flash the phone.

I tried with miraclebox but it says "unstable component" when I connect the phone

Ulefone page suggests flashing with "multi port download" tool but that one says:
 (1) COM ports numbers repetitive or invalid
 (2) BROM and preload have the same component number!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-07-2018, 12:00 AM
(21-07-2018, 07:02 PM)janii No I cant. I got it from china. I dont know anyone who owns this phone.

SP flash tool is the only tool that is able to flash the phone.

I tried with miraclebox but it says "unstable component" when I connect the phone

Ulefone page suggests flashing with "multi port download" tool but that one says:
 (1) COM ports numbers repetitive or invalid
 (2) BROM and preload have the same component number!

airdroid wont really help tell if its sw or hw related. even if the screen itself was totally wrecked, sw like airdroid, vysor will still display 

i doubt multiport tool will make any difference either, if you still want to try latest SP_mdt at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15612.html
let us know the error you get using that version

have you tried this rom build at http://www.mediafire.com/file/hjp0csl43m...180123.rar ?
the build number you mentioned as your original seems like the most recent build, judging by the dates
janii
janii
janii
22-07-2018, 10:19 AM
(22-07-2018, 12:00 AM)X3non airdroid wont really help tell if its sw or hw related. even if the screen itself was totally wrecked, sw like airdroid, vysor will still display 

i doubt multiport tool will make any difference either, if you still want to try latest SP_mdt at (link)
let us know the error you get using that version

have you tried this rom build at (link)?
the build number you mentioned as your original seems like the most recent build, judging by the dates

Downloaded the lastest one multiport tool and it actually connected and flashed. Screen is still the same however.
Also tried your ROM link but same result.

I noticed something else in the meantime
With Volume up + boot I get to  a screen where I can choose between recovery, fastboot and normal boot
Clicking on recovery, I get to a screen with an android on the ground and "no command".

But now I cant enter the actual recovery mode. When my screen worked I would press power button and it would enter the recovery menu from here, but now it doesnt work. Nothing happens. It stays on the no command screen now.
Its like the recovery doesnt get flashed.

I could however flash twrp and that works. Screen is still distorted there though
This post was last modified: 22-07-2018, 10:22 AM by janii.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-07-2018, 01:16 PM

(22-07-2018, 10:19 AM)janii Downloaded the lastest one multiport tool and it actually connected and flashed. Screen is still the same however.
Also tried your ROM link but same result.

I noticed something else in the meantime
With Volume up + boot I get to  a screen where I can choose between recovery, fastboot and normal boot
Clicking on recovery, I get to a screen with an android on the ground and "no command".

But now I cant enter the actual recovery mode. When my screen worked I would press power button and it would enter the recovery menu from here, but now it doesnt work. Nothing happens. It stays on the no command screen now.
Its like the recovery doesnt get flashed.

I could however flash twrp and that works. Screen is still distorted there though

Try the approach @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15392.html to boot into stock recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next