Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Help with SP Flash Tool ROM dump for Infinix Hot S Pro X521
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Help with SP Flash Tool ROM dump for Infinix Hot S Pro X521

[Please help] Help with SP Flash Tool ROM dump for Infinix Hot S Pro X521

Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
24-07-2018, 05:22 PM

I have an Infinix Hot S Pro (x521-j5086h1-m-161202v7) and I started noticing some rogue apps on the device installed newly as system apps. I uninstalled them but they come right back each time. So I decided to do a factory reset. After rebooting, the apps were back again. I then to flash the ROM. I didn't want to do a backup because I think the apps will be there too, given that they were installed as system apps.

I downloaded the ROM from here: https://www.hovatek.com/redirectcode.php...VmNaM1Btdw==
After I flashed using Miracle Box, everything was fine except that I now no longer have the SIM working. I checked and noticed the Baseband was showing as unknown.
I got another ROM for another variant and flashed it with SP Flash tool but the phone refused to come on. I had to format the flash from the format tab with the option of leaving the bootloader intact. Now Miracle box will not detect the phone to flash the correct ROM. SP flash tool shows an error when I load the scatter file from the correct ROM into it (see attached image).

Please, I need help to be able to get my phone up and running again. I think a complete ROM dump from SP Flash tool might work.

Thank you all.
Attached Files
.png
sp infinix error.png
Size: 9.16 KB / Downloads: 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-07-2018, 06:33 PM
(24-07-2018, 05:22 PM)Wittymav I have an Infinix Hot S Pro (x521-j5086h1-m-161202v7) and I started noticing some rogue apps on the device installed newly as system apps. I uninstalled them but they come right back each time. So I decided to do a factory reset. After rebooting, the apps were back again. I then to flash the ROM. I didn't want to do a backup because I think the apps will be there too, given that they were installed as system apps.
Thank you all.

flash the rom using miracle box method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
Wittymav
Wittymav
Wittymav
25-07-2018, 09:57 AM
I already used Miracle Box to Flash and I had unknown Baseband so my device was not getting SIM network.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-07-2018, 03:00 PM
(25-07-2018, 09:57 AM)Wittymav I already used Miracle Box to Flash and I had unknown Baseband so my device was not getting SIM network.

have you tried a factory reset after the flash to see if baseband is regained?
This post was last modified: 26-07-2018, 10:07 AM by hovatek.