Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] failed flashing with Research Download Tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] failed flashing with Research Download Tool

[Please help] failed flashing with Research Download Tool

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
03-08-2018, 05:07 AM

I completely succeded porting my stock recovery with spreadtrum auto recovery porter for my Advan S50K 6.0 android with Spreadtrum SC7731 chipset
when i try to flash it via Research Download Tool, i got error with failed status
i try it via ADB, but device didnt detected my ADB but its detected in Device Manager
i try it via Fastboot mode too, "fastboot flash recovery recovery-sign.img" but it stuck in "sending". in other way i try to boot with it too, " fastboot boot recovery-sign.img" but stuck in downloading
i really appreciate your help
Attached Files
.png
research error.png
Size: 159.75 KB / Downloads: 15
.png
ADB error.png
Size: 155.3 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
fastboot error.png
Size: 140.98 KB / Downloads: 10
.png
fastboot error sending.png
Size: 141.55 KB / Downloads: 12
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-08-2018, 12:37 PM
(03-08-2018, 05:07 AM)allfiant I completely succeded porting my stock recovery with spreadtrum auto recovery porter for my Advan S50K 6.0 android with Spreadtrum SC7731 chipset
when i try to flash it via Research Download Tool, i got error with failed status
i try it via ADB, but device didnt detected my ADB but its detected in Device Manager
i try it via Fastboot mode too, "fastboot flash recovery recovery-sign.img" but it stuck in "sending". in other way i try to boot with it too, " fastboot boot recovery-sign.img" but stuck in downloading
i really appreciate your help

For the adb/fastboot approach, the problem is either from your drivers or your version of adb-fastboot (assuming you enabled USB Debugging). refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2137.html & https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html
As for the Research Download tool, how exactly are you trying to flash the recovery? List the exact steps you followed.
This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
03-08-2018, 04:35 PM
thanks for advice
i'll try it soon

for Research Download tool
> I open the tool
> Next I click on gear to open (myfirmware).pac file then wait to finish
> then I click the double gear to open settings, then I change the path of (stockrecoveryname).img to (portedrecoveryname).img, nothing i change except that thing, then I click OK
> Next, I remove my phone's battery then put it inside again without turn the phone on
> Then I push my volume-down button on my phone
> back to the PC, i click on "play" button then stick my usb cable to my phone without releasing my volume-down button
> The ResearchDownload start flashing FDL, FDL2, etc succesfully until BOOT, but it fail when flashing my recovery

btw i try to repacket the .pac file with substitued recovery.img file, but failed just like using step above
I used win7 x64

Dikirim dari 5041 menggunakan Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-08-2018, 06:37 PM
(03-08-2018, 04:35 PM)allfiant thanks for advice
i'll try it soon

for Research Download tool
> I open the tool
> Next I click on gear to open (myfirmware).pac file then wait to finish
> then I click the double gear to open settings, then I change the path of (stockrecoveryname).img to (portedrecoveryname).img, nothing i change except that thing, then I click OK
> Next, I remove my phone's battery then put it inside again without turn the phone on
> Then I push my volume-down button on my phone
> back to the PC, i click on "play" button then stick my usb cable to my phone without releasing my volume-down button
> The ResearchDownload start flashing FDL, FDL2, etc succesfully until BOOT, but it fail when flashing my recovery

btw i try to repacket the .pac file with substitued recovery.img file, but failed just like using step above
I used win7 x64

try the adb and fastboot fixes @hovatek listed
also i can see recovery-sign.img but our porting tool outputs recovery.img . how did you yours get -sign?
allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
04-08-2018, 01:06 AM

[/quote]
also i can see recovery-sign.img but our porting tool outputs recovery.img . how did you yours get -sign?
[/quote]

thanks
i'll try it in fast

about the -sign "sign", it come from my stock .pac, my recovery called as " recovery-sign.img", another files too, like "boot-sign.img" "system-sign.img" and etc

allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
04-08-2018, 06:06 AM

i was tried with that tool
it detected my device nicely
its work great when i gave "fastboot reboot", also when in ADB its work perfectly when I gave "adb reboot bootloader"
but when I send "fastboot flash recovery (ported-recovery.img)", it still stuck in "sending" process, and also happen when I send "fastboot flash recovery (stock-recovery.img)"

This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 06:10 AM by allfiant.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-08-2018, 04:46 PM
(04-08-2018, 06:06 AM)allfiant i was tried with that tool
it detected my device nicely
its work great when i gave "fastboot reboot", also when in ADB its work perfectly when I gave "adb reboot bootloader"
but when I send "fastboot flash recovery (ported-recovery.img)", it still stuck in "sending" process, and also happen when I send "fastboot flash recovery (stock-recovery.img)"

unsign your stock recovery using the method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21005.html
if successful, try flashing the unsigned recovery you get using fastboot and lets know the outcome
allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
05-08-2018, 04:52 AM
i was tried it
it say recovery-sign.img is not Fb
then i copy my recovery to /Unpack/_Image/, its say
" ????????? ?????????
Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
End=10:48:10.651 Duration=00:00:00.0620036
press any key. . .

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-08-2018, 11:46 AM
(05-08-2018, 04:52 AM)allfiant i was tried it
it say recovery-sign.img is not Fb
then i copy my recovery to /Unpack/_Image/, its say
" ????????? ?????????
Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
End=10:48:10.651 Duration=00:00:00.0620036
press any key. . .

Upload the recovery & boot.
Also, check your bootloader status using
Code:

fastboot getvar unlocked

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
allfiant
allfiant
allfiant
06-08-2018, 02:57 PM

here is my boot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZW8Ruhq...p=drivesdk

and here is my recovery https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PbRJT5f...p=drivesdk

Pages (2): 1 2 Next