Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Boom J8 Booting Issues
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno Boom J8 Booting Issues

Tecno Boom J8 Booting Issues

Gminor5000
Gminor5000
Gminor5000
08-08-2018, 10:18 AM

Hello Admin.,

First a big thank you for the numerous resources that are available on this platform. Kudos to you for this.

Now to my issue. I have a Tecno Boom J8 Android powered phone which suddenly developed booting issues. I restarted the phone last Satuday morning and the booting never completed till now...it always hung at the point where it shows the logo "TECNO POWERED BY ANDROID". I have tried everything I stumbled on on this platform, nothing has worked so far.

Worse still is, even after downloading and installing all necessary drivers, my computer still cannot find my phone which has made this an impossible task to attempt reinstalling phone software via the computer.

I'll appreciate any help i can get now.

Thank you.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
08-08-2018, 10:46 AM
It is a good thing that you have not been able to install any firmware yet.

Tell us what you have tried, in details
Tell us also about your pc and the drivers, how you installed them
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-08-2018, 07:32 AM
(08-08-2018, 10:18 AM)Gminor5000 Hello Admin.,

First a big thank you for the numerous resources that are available on this platform. Kudos to you for this.

Now to my issue. I have a Tecno Boom J8 Android powered phone which suddenly developed booting issues. I restarted the phone last Satuday morning and the booting never completed till now...it always hung at the point where it shows the logo "TECNO POWERED BY ANDROID". I have tried everything I stumbled on on this platform, nothing has worked so far.

Worse still is, even after downloading and installing all necessary drivers, my computer still cannot find my phone which has made this an impossible task to attempt reinstalling phone software via the computer.

I'll appreciate any help i can get now.

Thank you.

Power off the phone > Launch device manager > Connect the phone without holding any button

1. Does the PC make a sound and device manager refresh?
2. What does the phone get detected as?
This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 07:33 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
adfsdhfskfskdfg
adfsdhfskfskdfg
adfsdhfskfskdfg
11-08-2018, 10:58 AM
do you also remember if you have usb debugging on?(from developer options)