Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO SPark k7 H8019A-N-180124V180 eMMC now read only
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO SPark k7 H8019A-N-180124V180 eMMC now read only

[Please help] TECNO SPark k7 H8019A-N-180124V180 eMMC now read only

15-08-2018, 12:43 PM

Hello All, 
My TECNO spark k7 when i took out the memory card once after switching off, I turned it back on and all my apps were crashing including the launcher, i tried factory reseting but after reseting the phone still came back with all the apps installed. i tried flashing stock ROMS into it, they completed successfully but weren't installed. I tried Formatting from SP Flashtool too the phone still didn't get formatted. also from ADB and fastboot too. I googled and discovered it was my eMMC that became read only. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-08-2018, 02:14 PM
(15-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Uchenna Nebedum Hello All, 
My TECNO spark k7 when i took out the memory card once after switching off, I turned it back on and all my apps were crashing including the launcher, i tried factory reseting but after reseting the phone still came back with all the apps installed. i tried flashing stock ROMS into it, they completed successfully but weren't installed. I tried Formatting from SP Flashtool too the phone still didn't get formatted. also from ADB and fastboot too. I googled and discovered it was my eMMC that became read only. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try wiping emmc in factory mode?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-08-2018, 03:48 PM
(15-08-2018, 12:43 PM)Uchenna Nebedum Hello All, 

if after performing a successful factory reset and the phone just booted straight back to homescreen without going through initial setup then truly the emmc chip is faulty and requires replacement. this is hardware related so you'll need to take your device to a phone hardware repair technician
This post was last modified: 15-08-2018, 03:50 PM by X3non.
15-08-2018, 05:22 PM
(15-08-2018, 03:48 PM)X3non

if after performing a successful factory reset and the phone just booted straight back to homescreen without going through initial setup then truly the emmc chip is faulty and requires replacement. this is hardware related so you'll need to take your device to a phone hardware repair technician

Thanks, was thinking i might be able to resolve this with software...so how much would it cost to replace the eMMC chip and who can do it?
15-08-2018, 05:24 PM

(15-08-2018, 02:14 PM)innagee

Did you try wiping emmc in factory mode?

How do i do this please? the eMMC is read-only now tho, but how do i wipe lemme try it
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-08-2018, 06:16 PM
(15-08-2018, 05:22 PM)Uchenna Nebedum Thanks, was thinking i might be able to resolve this with software...so how much would it cost to replace the eMMC chip and who can do it?

there's no software fix and wiping emmc in factory mode is the same as perform a factory in recovery mode, that still won't help either.
the technician you meet will be the one to tell you the price
16-08-2018, 08:32 AM
(15-08-2018, 06:16 PM)X3non
(15-08-2018, 05:22 PM)Uchenna Nebedum Thanks, was thinking i might be able to resolve this with software...so how much would it cost to replace the eMMC chip and who can do it?

there's no software fix and wiping emmc in factory mode is the same as perform a factory in recovery mode, that still won't help either.
the technician you meet will be the one to tell you the price

Alright, I'll try to do that later.