Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Failed to Backup ROM with FlashTool - Energizer 400 LTE (MT6737M)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Failed to Backup ROM with FlashTool - Energizer 400 LTE (MT6737M)

[Please help] Failed to Backup ROM with FlashTool - Energizer 400 LTE (MT6737M)

juju33
juju33
juju33
16-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Hello everyone,

I tried using readback with SPFT v5.1820 on my Energizer 400 LTE (MT6737M), using a scatter file generated from WwR_MTK v2.30, but after uploading the DA, it fails either reporting DRAM error 5054, or sometime just get stuck without error.
In fact, no readback at any address seem to work, either in BOOT1 or USER emmc. And the phone is EMMC for sure as trying NAND reported a storage type mismatch.

After inspecting the BROM_DLL_V5.log, i found multiple "exceed timeout" messages.

I don't know if that behavior is caused by a secure boot or anything, so i'm seeking help.

BTW, i successfully unlocked the bootloader using fastboot.

Thank you for your time Smile
This post was last modified: 16-08-2018, 09:13 PM by juju33.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-08-2018, 11:39 AM
(16-08-2018, 05:27 PM)juju33 Hello everyone,

I tried using readback with SPFT v5.1820 on my Energizer 400 LTE (MT6737M), using a scatter file generated from WwR_MTK v2.30, but after uploading the DA, it fails either reporting DRAM error 5054, or sometime just get stuck without error.
In fact, no readback at any address seem to work, either in BOOT1 or USER emmc. And the phone is EMMC for sure as trying NAND reported a storage type mismatch.

After inspecting the BROM_DLL_V5.log, i found multiple "exceed timeout" messages.

I don't know if that behavior is caused by a secure boot or anything, so i'm seeking help.

1. Zip and attach the D file & a full screenshot of the error message in SP flash tool you're using
2. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
juju33
juju33
juju33
17-08-2018, 10:04 PM
(17-08-2018, 11:39 AM)hovatek
(16-08-2018, 05:27 PM)juju33 Hello everyone,

1. Zip and attach the D file & a full screenshot of the error message in SP flash tool you're using
2. Hope you're not holding any button when connecting to PC

Dear Hovatek,

with a simple question, you just saved my life !!!

And yes I was pressing VOLUME_DOWN button as i was convinced that it would never start otherwise. I started using SPFT with a Leagoo Z1 which required to press a combination of VOLUME_UP + POWER in order to do anything ...

I must admit i never ever tried that simple obvious thing and was influenced by all comments on internet talking about VOLUME_UP + POWER ...

A thousand thanks again and Oorah to you  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin