Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] HTC U11 root not working properly
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] HTC U11 root not working properly

[Please help] HTC U11 root not working properly

Robertvg2
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
20-08-2018, 01:52 PM

Hi,

Recently i unlocked and rooted my HTC U11 using magisk. everything worked well, except that my phone still does not have root access when i try to use apps that require it.

So here are the details:
- i have an EU model, chipset Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- i installed twrp recovery 3.2.2.0
- basic root checker says i have root access, yet magisk manager does NOT log any permission request

The problem is that i am stuck. i cannot update my magisk version or manager, it gives me an 'error 1' message. It says that i need a stock boot.img before i can continue. uninstalling magisk with the zip file also does not work. 

I'm not sure what the problem is here. my question is: how do i solve this? I reckon that flashing a stock boot.img is my best bet, but i don't know how and where to get one.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
20-08-2018, 02:06 PM
(20-08-2018, 01:52 PM)Robertvg2 Hi,

Recently i unlocked and rooted my HTC U11 using magisk. everything worked well, except that my phone still does not have root access when i try to use apps that require it.

So here are the details:
- basic root checker says i have root access, yet magisk manager does NOT log any permission request

The problem is that i am stuck. i cannot update my magisk version or manager, it gives me an 'error 1' message. It says that i need a stock boot.img before i can continue. uninstalling magisk with the zip file also does not work. 

I'm not sure what the problem is here. my question is: how do i solve this? I reckon that flashing a stock boot.img is my best bet, but i don't know how and where to get one.

You'll need a box/dongle to backup your phone's firmware.
This post was last modified: 20-08-2018, 02:07 PM by xerxes.
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
20-08-2018, 02:14 PM
(20-08-2018, 02:06 PM)innagee
(20-08-2018, 01:52 PM)Robertvg2 Hi,

So here are the details:

You'll need a box/dongle to backup your phone's firmware.

I'm sorry, i don't know what you mean by that. Also, i forgot to mention that i'm running the stock rom.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-08-2018, 07:16 PM
(20-08-2018, 02:14 PM)Robertvg2 I'm sorry, i don't know what you mean by that. Also, i forgot to mention that i'm running the stock rom.

did you take a twrp backup before flashing magisk zip? if yes, then restore boot.img from there
if no, then you'll need to flash stock rom ; determine and download the right ruu for your device using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11854.html
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
20-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Unfortunately I did not create a stock backup.
I downloaded the right RUU, but the zip doesn't install, not in recovery and not in download mode. I also downloaded a full stock rom backup but the zip contains 21 sub-zips for lack of a better word. I can't open them and when I try to unpack them or says they are corrupt.

I downloaded the firmware from another site because the link you provided me did not have my RUU available.

So my options are trying to find another working RUU, backup or boot.img. or get the stuff I have already working properly. Any suggestions?
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
Robertvg2
20-08-2018, 11:08 PM
So i figured out that my version number is 2.33.401.10 and downloaded the fitting stock firmware. i tried to flash it using fastboot on my pc and then i get the next error:

(bootloader) HOSD CL#1002308
FAILED (remote: 9 RU_SECURITY_FAIL zip from usb command in download mode)
finished. total time: 4.455s

i'm running out of ideas.
juvette
juvette
juvette
21-08-2018, 10:41 AM
(20-08-2018, 11:08 PM)Robertvg2 So i figured out that my version number is 2.33.401.10 and downloaded the fitting  stock firmware. i tried to flash it using fastboot on my pc and then i get the next error:

(bootloader) HOSD CL#1002308
FAILED (remote: 9 RU_SECURITY_FAIL zip from usb command in download mode)
finished. total time: 4.455s

i'm running out of ideas.

Is your phone S-On or S-Off?
Try flash in RUU mode

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 21-08-2018, 10:42 AM by juvette.