Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
murch
murch
murch
20-08-2018, 10:10 AM

(19-08-2018, 10:25 PM)X3non
(19-08-2018, 08:43 AM)murch Aft first it seems to work (if I check imei using getvar it does show the changed imei, adfter having used the command fastboot oem writeimei), but as soon as I exit flashboot and boot the phone regularly, the IMEI gets changed back automatically... Any ideas why / how to fix this? thanks a lot!

is the IMEI of your device invalid?

No, I'm trying to restore my original IMEI.

I know it's very strange but it did change automatically somehow and phone that was working until 2 hours earlier (I was abroad on vacation, used the phone normally also with data roaming, made phone calls, etc..) as soon as I got back to my homecountry and switch off flight mode (I was really on an airplane) the same phone and sim card that worked perfectly both in my homecountry and abroad 'til 2 hourse earlier, suddenly stopped being able to register on my carrier's network due to "suspicious" IMEI (according to my carrier), so I checked my phone's imei with the imei written both on the back of the phone behind the battery and on the original phone's box - which I still have, and my phone's "current" imei has actually changed to a weird 35XX9500000017 instead of my original and correct: 35506XXXXX826X1 [Xs inserted by myself of course) . With all those zeros that Imei seems something artificial used perhaps by some dev while coding / developing roms to randomly assign imei to a device, I really don't know...
I've been using this phone with different carriers in different countries for years and never had any problem until some days ago....

Please help me out to fix this. It's like when I input the fastboot oem writeimei command and then reboot the phone, there's some kind of protection on bootloader (imei section?) that restores the previous imei / doesn't allow for actual permanent change...
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
20-08-2018, 10:04 PM
(20-08-2018, 10:10 AM)murch No, I'm trying to restore my original IMEI.

I know it's very strange but it did change automatically somehow and phone that was working until 2 hours earlier (I was abroad on vacation, used the phone normally also with data roaming, made phone calls, etc..) as soon as I got back to my homecountry and switch off flight mode (I was really on an airplane) the same phone and sim card that worked perfectly both in my homecountry and abroad 'til 2 hourse earlier, suddenly stopped being able to register on my carrier's network due to "suspicious" IMEI (according to my carrier), so I checked my phone's imei with the imei written both on the back of the phone behind the battery and on the original phone's box - which I still have, and my phone's "current" imei has actually changed to a weird 35XX9500000017 instead of my original and correct: 35506XXXXX826X1 [Xs inserted by myself of course) . With all those zeros that Imei seems something artificial used perhaps by some dev while coding / developing roms to randomly assign imei to a device, I really don't know...
I've been using this phone with different carriers in different countries for years and never had any problem until some days ago....

Please help me out to fix this. It's like when I input the fastboot oem writeimei command and then reboot the phone, there's some kind of protection on bootloader (imei section?) that restores the previous imei / doesn't allow for actual permanent change...

try flashing stock rom first then s-off then root then retry restoring IMEI
see if that works
murch
murch
murch
21-08-2018, 10:22 AM
(20-08-2018, 10:04 PM)freshtyt
(20-08-2018, 10:10 AM)murch No, I'm trying to restore my original IMEI.

try flashing stock rom first then s-off then root then retry restoring IMEI
see if that works

Thanks, so basically I should unroot the device / s-on and relock bootloader, flash stock rom (with RUU?) then re unlock bootloader / s-off and re-root the phone and retry the fastboot command oem writeimei ? 
From what you suggesting you think there's something wrong with hboot / fastboot commands not working properly, correct? So you reckon there's no protection preventing imei from being changed (for instance on NV partitions / modemst1, modemst2, fsg)?

Again, thank you very much!
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
21-08-2018, 05:00 PM
(21-08-2018, 10:22 AM)murch Thanks, so basically I should unroot the device / s-on and relock bootloader, flash stock rom (with RUU?) then re unlock bootloader / s-off and re-root the phone and retry the fastboot command oem writeimei ? 
From what you suggesting you think there's something wrong with hboot / fastboot commands not working properly, correct? So you reckon there's no protection preventing imei from being changed (for instance on NV partitions / modemst1, modemst2, fsg)?

from what i suggested, you'll be able to eliminate causes i.e whether some form of protection or just an OS fluke
murch
murch
murch
24-08-2018, 10:25 AM

(21-08-2018, 05:00 PM)freshtyt
(21-08-2018, 10:22 AM)murch Thanks, so basically I should unroot the device / s-on and relock bootloader, flash stock rom (with RUU?) then re unlock bootloader / s-off and re-root the phone and retry the fastboot command oem writeimei ? 

from what i suggested, you'll be able to eliminate causes i.e whether some form of protection or just an OS fluke

I've successfully flashed RUU to go back to stock rom (although I kept supercid and s-off).
However, to unlock bootloader (that now, correcly is"***locked***") I tried using official HTCDev procedure and after executing all fastboot commands (including last one that says that "token check is successfully") I  do get to the last last step where I should simply select by pressing volume button up "YES" and confirm by pressing power button to proceed with unlocking the bootloader: the issue is that I select Yes by pressing volume up but when I press power button to confirm that option nothing happens (like it doesn't get the power button confirmation...). 

However, if I press volume down selecting NO option and press the power button for confirmation (thus "aborting" the unlocking procedure and making the phone rebooting), in this case it does get confirmation and phone reboots...
Any ideas on how to solve this / other methods to unlock bootloader beside HTCDev?

Thank you very much
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-08-2018, 05:48 PM
(24-08-2018, 10:25 AM)murch ...
Any ideas on how to solve this / other methods to unlock bootloader beside HTCDev?

Thank you very much

create a new thread for this issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
murch
murch
murch
25-08-2018, 03:08 PM
(24-08-2018, 05:48 PM)X3non
(24-08-2018, 10:25 AM)murch ...

Thank you very much

create a new thread for this issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Done! Smile https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24030.html
Although I'm afraid that HTCDev unlock method uses somehow IMEI to generate the unlock.bin file and being my IMEI an invalid one, that could be the reason why it's failing, although it does say "token check successfully"... (and if I don't manage to unlock bootloader I probably won't be able to restore/correct my imei, hence I might be kind of stuck, unless there are other methods besides HTCDev for unlocking bootloader...)
murch
murch
murch
27-08-2018, 10:38 PM
(21-08-2018, 05:00 PM)freshtyt

I've managed to unlock bootloader (had to flash a firmware that had unlocked 1.27 hboot), then tried again command fastboot oem writeimei XXXXX (correct imei). At first seemed to have worked, but as soon as I rebooted phone and checked imei by dialing *#06#, still got the wrong imei.... Any advice on what to do?
Thanks
This post was last modified: 28-08-2018, 09:01 AM by murch.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
28-08-2018, 09:06 PM
(27-08-2018, 10:38 PM)murch I've managed to unlock bootloader (had to flash a firmware that had unlocked 1.27 hboot), then tried again command fastboot oem writeimei XXXXX (correct imei). At first seemed to have worked, but as soon as I rebooted phone and checked imei by dialing *#06#, still got the wrong imei.... Any advice on what to do?
Thanks

After writing IMEI in fastboot, did fastboot getvar imei reflect the new IMEI before you rebooted?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
murch
murch
murch
30-08-2018, 07:21 PM

(28-08-2018, 09:06 PM)maxpayne
(27-08-2018, 10:38 PM)murch I've managed to unlock bootloader (had to flash a firmware that had unlocked 1.27 hboot), then tried again command fastboot oem writeimei XXXXX (correct imei). At first seemed to have worked, but as soon as I rebooted phone and checked imei by dialing *#06#, still got the wrong imei.... Any advice on what to do?
Thanks

After writing IMEI in fastboot, did fastboot getvar imei reflect the new IMEI before you rebooted?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile

Yes I did and, just like I wrote in a previous post before going back to stock and relocking bootloader (and then unlock it again), getvar imei executed right after oem write imei gives me the correct imei, but then when I reboot the phone in regular android os from fastboot, imei gets changed back to the wrong one, as if there's something at booting that automatically verifies that all info are the same as they were before phone was turned off (or it's a check against some info stored somewhere... NV / efs partition?) and if check fails, it simply restores the info from whatever backup it has stored....
Anyways I'm still not completely convinced that bootloader is fully unlocked having flashed FW w/ unlocked hboot (I do have the hboot top line "revolutionary" though...), i'll try to relock it with oem lock and see whether it says "devices is already locked" or relocking goes succesfully...
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next