Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android soft bricked tecno p5s
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

soft bricked tecno p5s

soft bricked tecno p5s

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
Enthusiastic Member
14-08-2018, 08:38 PM

hey i have a problem with my Tecno P5S. i flashed a recovery image then booted but that was the last time i got access to my phone. it wont even charge properly. when plugged in a charger in turns on shows the charging logo then loops and same thing happens when i try to turn it on. i tried accessing the recovery image but it refuses and just boot loops me. i have even tried opening the phone then detaching everything but still nothing. i have even tried sp flash tool but the phone switches on then off meaning that method wont work
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
15-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Go to this link , https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19367.html download scatter file and recovery only and flash using sp flash tool
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
15-08-2018, 11:33 AM
(14-08-2018, 08:38 PM)brighton ifaya hey i have a problem with my Tecno P5S. i flashed a recovery image then booted but that was the last time i got access to my phone. it wont even charge properly. when plugged in a charger in turns on shows the charging logo then loops and same thing happens when i try to turn it on. i tried accessing the recovery image but it refuses and just boot loops me. i have even tried opening the phone then detaching everything but still nothing. i have even tried sp flash tool but the phone switches on then off meaning that method wont work

the recovery image you flashed isn't compatible with your phone, you'll need to flash the phone's stock recovery.img to fix the bootloop issue.
try downloading and flash the recovery.img from the link @emmanus's reply, lets know the outcome.
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
Enthusiastic Member
27-08-2018, 11:37 AM
hi...i have a slight problem i formatted the phone with sp except the boot loader and the lcd went off although i have managed to succesfully flash a custom rom i still cant operate the phone becoz the lcd isnt turning on....please help if you know how to fix this
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
27-08-2018, 12:30 PM

(27-08-2018, 11:37 AM)brighton ifaya hi...i have a slight problem i formatted the phone with sp except the boot loader and the lcd went off although i have managed to succesfully flash a custom rom i still cant operate the phone becoz the lcd isnt turning on....please help if you know how to fix this

Did you download the firmware in the link in my reply?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
27-08-2018, 05:18 PM
(27-08-2018, 11:37 AM)brighton ifaya hi...i have a slight problem i formatted the phone with sp except the boot loader and the lcd went off although i have managed to succesfully flash a custom rom i still cant operate the phone becoz the lcd isnt turning on....please help if you know how to fix this

are you saying after flashing, the phone still remains totally dead OR it powers on and you hear the boot sound but no display?
can you get access to a working tecno p5s?
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2018, 06:44 PM
(27-08-2018, 05:18 PM)X3non

are you saying after flashing, the phone still remains totally dead OR it powers on and you hear the boot sound but no display?
can you get access to a working tecno p5s
sorry for taking so long to reply....i can feel it vibrate then stay for a while then the process repeats itself even when i plug to the computer i hear the connecting and disconnection sounds from the computer.....then another thing, my tecno p5s is not a dual sim it has only one single slot for a sim card but all the stock roms from all my searches feature the tecno p5s to be a dual sim......am now confused whether i should try flashing a tecno p5 rom or not as the tecno p5s before bricking used to show me a white/silverish tecno logo as the first logo at boot which would then be colored blue as the booting process continues
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
Enthusiastic Member
17-12-2018, 06:47 PM
(27-08-2018, 12:30 PM)EMMANUS

yes i did but still doesnt work
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-12-2018, 07:21 AM
(17-12-2018, 06:47 PM)brighton ifaya
(27-08-2018, 12:30 PM)EMMANUS
(27-08-2018, 11:37 AM)brighton ifaya
hi...i have a slight problem i formatted the phone with sp except the boot loader and the lcd went off although i have managed to succesfully flash a custom rom i still cant operate the phone becoz the lcd isnt turning on....please help if you know how to fix this

yes i did but still doesnt work

Tecno P5 is also a dual sim phone am not it's firmware would work on yours.

Can you get access to a working phone of the same model?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
brighton ifaya
Enthusiastic Member
18-12-2018, 12:37 PM

no i dont have access to any tecno p5s single sim.....does this mean my phone is done for now since there seems to be no solution?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next