Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TWRP for Tecno NX (model Tecno R8O)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TWRP for Tecno NX (model Tecno R8O)

[Please help] TWRP for Tecno NX (model Tecno R8O)

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-09-2018, 01:56 PM

(04-09-2018, 04:49 AM)RMT Of course, I selected Android 8.1 go in TWRP porter (by taping "8.1g").
In TWRP, I just tried to do nandroid backup and TWRP sent me an error. I'm too worry to format my phone because I'll loose my data but I'll try to flash Magisk that night if I can, and gain root access (I'll send you also the error I have when I try to do the backup).
When I taped the reboot button, and whatever I choosed after, TWRP redirected me to a screen that I have to slide to accept but I couldn't read because, for whatever reason, my phone instantly reboot and I came back to TWRP, again.

Sent from my TECNO R8O using Hovatek Mobile

ok, give us feedback on rooting with magisk and the error you get when trying to backup
also when reboot from twrp ensure not to allow twrp to fix root [if twrp offers to do so]
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
(03-09-2018, 08:45 PM)Yohanan Piadoso coming soon bro

the twrp and Philz recovery patch

Oh bro, I would like to thank you so much !!!!

This is the story :
I used your custom porter and I flashed both TWRP and philz :
- same problem with TWRP (touch doesn't work and read-only mode)
- Philz WOOOOORRRKK !!!! everything works perfectly and still I found any bug. I'll do a nandroid backup + install custom ROM and if I get new issues (I won't wish for it), I'll tell them in this thread.

And still thanks a lot bro !

And have a nice day Wink

RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
04-09-2018, 05:36 PM
(04-09-2018, 01:56 PM)X3non
(04-09-2018, 04:49 AM)RMT
Of course, I selected Android 8.1 go in TWRP porter (by taping "8.1g").
In TWRP, I just tried to do nandroid backup and TWRP sent me an error. I'm too worry to format my phone because I'll loose my data but I'll try to flash Magisk that night if I can, and gain root access (I'll send you also the error I have when I try to do the backup).
When I taped the reboot button, and whatever I choosed after, TWRP redirected me to a screen that I have to slide to accept but I couldn't read because, for whatever reason, my phone instantly reboot and I came back to TWRP, again.

ok, give us feedback on rooting with magisk and the error you get when trying to backup
also when reboot from twrp ensure not to allow twrp to fix root [if twrp offers to do so]

Ok,

So as I said earlier (by replying yohanan), instead of TWRP, it's only philz works in my phone. And I guess, as yohanan said to me, it's too hard to modify kernel for letting touch works.
Yes, even on my philz "touch", touch doesn't works Big Grin. But in the other hand, I can use it with button, unlike TWRP Tongue.
So, I think that I don't need TWRP anymore.

But still, if I have many time, I'll try to fix that bug but when it has fixed, I'll have the read-only issue to fix also Sad.

Overall, thank you again for your assistance and time spent on my problem X3non and Hovatek !

Have a nice day Smile!

Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
04-09-2018, 08:32 PM
RMT and X3non thanks for the time

RMT THANKS for tasting my Twrp_philz pitcher by yohanan tools

please you guy can help Me develop the tool to be more useful by add more recovery to it

if twrp bug as been fix you guys can add Guide for Will

Thanks sirs
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
05-09-2018, 05:06 AM

Ok finally sirs I need TWRP.
Because I can't flash .img files with philz :-(.
Or maybe I don't find this section (there's only install zip in main menu).

So, @X3non, I tried lot of things in TWRP and this is my report (TWRP terminal) :

First, no need to flash Magisk, the warning screen is very understandable.
When I skiped the screen which asked me the password for decrypting data, I have this warning message :

Keep System Read only ?

TWRP can leave your system partition unmodified to make it easier for you to take official updates. TWRP will be unable to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP and will not offer to root your device.

[red]Installing zips or performing adb operations may still modify the system partition.[/red]

And even I tried to flash something, I can't access internal storage files and when I flash something from my sdcard, I can just flash either boot or recovery partition (no system option).

But, I could successfully flash philz.img to recovery partition. Terminal log :

[red] Failed to decrypt data.
Unable to decrypt with default password.[/red]
You may need to perform a Format Data. Updating partition details...
...done
[red] Unable to Mount storage [/red]
Full SElinux support is present.
Updating partition details...
...done
[IMAGE FLASH STARTED]
Image to flash: '/extSdCard/philz.img'
Calculating restore details...
[blue] [IMAGE FLASH COMPLETED] [/blue]

Next, this is what I have when trying to perform backup :

[red] Failed to decrypt data.
Unable to decrypt with default password.[/red]
You may need to perform a Format Data. Updating partition details...
...done
Full SElinux support is present.
Updating partition details...
...done

Then I try to wipe something, and I successfully wipe my cache (Sorry, if I successfully wipe data I'll loose everything so I didn't try it). Terminal log :

Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs... Updating partition details...
...done

I hope that these information could help you.

And @yohanan, your welcome but it's your work so thanks go to you. I'm just a user Tongue.
And now in my side, I think I'll try either find the problem or perform a port from TWRP source.

But still, I'll update my stock firmware thread by adding more stock files that you needed @X3non + my philz recovery. Very soon.

And still thank you sirs ! ^_^

Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
Yohanan Piadoso
05-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Bro to remove from read only is sometimes easy

if ask for password click on cancel and it will take you to the home screen please just swept don't click the keep read only button

done

but if home screen didt not show
go to recovery sittings reset to default and reboot to recovery

if ask for password click cancel

home screen will appear this time
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
05-09-2018, 01:45 PM
(05-09-2018, 08:23 AM)Yohanan Piadoso Bro to remove from read only is sometimes easy

if ask for password click on cancel and it will take you to the home screen please just swept don't click the keep read only button

done

but if home screen didt not show
go to recovery sittings reset to default and reboot to recovery

if ask for password click cancel

home screen will appear this time

Sorry bro, even if I just swipe to "allow modification" as TWRP said, it does nothing. So it's not the solution.

But still, I would to flash a custom rom. But I don't know wether my architecture is arm or arm64. Please could you help me choosing the right ROM ?
According to AIDA64 :
My kernel version is 3.18.79+ and kernel architecture is armv7l (meaning 32-bit)
But my SoC is mt6737 and instruction set is 64-bit armv8-A (but 32-bit mode)
Which of those informations describe the right architecture ?

Thanks

Edit : forget to say that but I always test TWRP from boot partition (I flash it in my boot : command fastboot flash boot recovery.img) because it's the only way to active touchscreen. If I flash in recovery partition, touchscreen always won't work.

This post was last modified: 05-09-2018, 01:49 PM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-09-2018, 07:28 PM
(05-09-2018, 01:45 PM)RMT ...
Thanks
Edit : forget to say that but I always test TWRP from boot partition (I flash it in my boot : command fastboot flash boot recovery.img) because it's the only way to active touchscreen. If I flash in recovery partition, touchscreen always won't work.

for decrypting data, you need to format data partition. best to copy out your files before doing that
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
08-09-2018, 09:31 AM
(05-09-2018, 07:28 PM)X3non
(05-09-2018, 01:45 PM)RMT ...
Thanks

for decrypting data, you need to format data partition. best to copy out your files before doing that

Please, I think we can continue this thread later because I have a very big issue here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-24228.html that is worst than this.
Thanks for your help
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
09-10-2018, 06:40 PM

Hello, I come back here !!! :p

So, as we know, the only issue now is the twrp touch. And as you said, it's a kernel issue.
There are 2 possibility to fix it :

(1) modify kernel
(2) build from source

But after searching and searching a lot and didn't find the answer, I have to ask :

(1) Where can I find my kernel source ? Can I ask tecno's support ?
Or Can I modify it from extracted boot.img (edit 'boot.img-kernel') ?
(2) Where can I find a good tutorial on how to build twrp from source, especially for android 8.1 go because I've seen the official thread (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1943625) and they didn't mentioned my android version ? And what are necessary files (from my device) for building ?

I thought also that maybe it is a driver issue (like mt6753 here : www.github.com/minimal-manifest-twrp/READ_ME_FIRST/issues/1) but I've checked out touch driver using 'adb shell getevent' on cmd. It returned that :

add device 1: /dev/input/event0
name: "ACCDET"
add device 2: /dev/input/event3
name: "mtk-tpd-kpd"
add device 3: /dev/input/event2
name: "mtk-tpd"
add device 4: /dev/input/event1
name: "mtk-kpd"

So I doubt it's a driver issue.

Please, help me fixing touch input.

By the way, I attempt to flash Magisk using patched boot method. But if something goes wrong and the outcome is a bootloop, can I always access to my (stock) recovery to flash back stock boot ?

RMT

Edit : If you want my kernel version, so here is it :

3.18.79+ (gcc version 6.3.1 20170404 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.05) )
buildsrv-95@buildsrv-95 #1
Tue Jun 12 12:06:07 CST2018

This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 07:08 PM by RMT.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next