Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MX4 brick - can't turn back on
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MX4 brick - can't turn back on

[Please help] MX4 brick - can't turn back on

applex_osx
applex_osx
applex_osx
13-09-2018, 11:24 PM

Hi guys,

I have a bricked MX4 which cant be turned on. I have heard that by using flash tool, this can be brought back alive.. However, so far, I have no joy yet.. The problem I have is 6004 error code when trying to flash the 'factory' or any FW back in. Preloader driver has been installed (but PC still recognizes the phone as Mediatek usb port rather than preloader.). A auth_sv5.auth file has been used to flash the ROM. The flash tool ver is v5.1824. I have also tried the ubuntu ROM which didnt work either. No matter which ROM I want to flash, the flash tool always pops up with 'S_SECURITY_SLA_FAIL(6004)'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please findĀ one of the 'factory' scatter file attached.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6595_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 7.18 KB / Downloads: 9
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
14-09-2018, 06:30 AM
How did the phone get bricked?

Try holding different buttons while connecting
applex_osx
applex_osx
applex_osx
14-09-2018, 08:02 AM
(14-09-2018, 06:30 AM)EMMANUS How did the phone get bricked?

It was bricked while being flashed to a non-factory ROM. But I cant remember which one. It was a long long time ago.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-09-2018, 11:11 AM
(14-09-2018, 08:02 AM)applex_osx
(14-09-2018, 06:30 AM)EMMANUS How did the phone get bricked?

It was bricked while being flashed to a non-factory ROM. But I cant remember which one. It was a long long time ago.

Error 6004 means an incompatible DA issue. Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html
Can you get access to a working device of the same model?
Have you tried latest version of sp flash tool? Check https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-09-2018, 10:12 AM

(13-09-2018, 11:24 PM)applex_osx Hi guys,

I have a bricked MX4 which cant be turned on. I have heard that by using flash tool, this can be brought back alive.. However, so far, I have no joy yet.. The problem I have is 6004 error code when trying to flash the 'factory' or any FW back in. Preloader driver has been installed (but PC still recognizes the phone as Mediatek usb port rather than preloader.). A auth_sv5.auth file has been used to flash the ROM. The flash tool ver is v5.1824. I have also tried the ubuntu ROM which didnt work either. No matter which ROM I want to flash, the flash tool always pops up with 'S_SECURITY_SLA_FAIL(6004)'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please findĀ one of the 'factory' scatter file attached.

You said "A auth_sv5.auth file has been used to flash the ROM" . Did you at any point format the phone or use any option which has format?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.