Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot

[Tutorial] How to write IMEI to HTC using fastboot

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
juvette
juvette
juvette
31-08-2018, 05:17 PM

(30-08-2018, 07:21 PM)murch Yes I did and, just like I wrote in a previous post before going back to stock and relocking bootloader (and then unlock it again), getvar imei executed right after oem write imei gives me the correct imei, but then when I reboot the phone in regular android os from fastboot, imei gets changed back to the wrong one, as if there's something at booting that automatically verifies that all info are the same as they were before phone was turned off (or it's a check against some info stored somewhere... NV / efs partition?) and if check fails, it simply restores the info from whatever backup it has stored....
Anyways I'm still not completely convinced that bootloader is fully unlocked having flashed FW w/ unlocked hboot (I do have the hboot top line "revolutionary" though...), i'll try to relock it with oem lock and see whether it says "devices is already locked" or relocking goes succesfully...

OK

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
murch
murch
murch
04-09-2018, 07:26 AM
(31-08-2018, 05:17 PM)juvette
(30-08-2018, 07:21 PM)murch Yes I did and, just like I wrote in a previous post before going back to stock and relocking bootloader (and then unlock it again), getvar imei executed right after oem write imei gives me the correct imei, but then when I reboot the phone in regular android os from fastboot, imei gets changed back to the wrong one, as if there's something at booting that automatically verifies that all info are the same as they were before phone was turned off (or it's a check against some info stored somewhere... NV / efs partition?) and if check fails, it simply restores the info from whatever backup it has stored....
Anyways I'm still not completely convinced that bootloader is fully unlocked having flashed FW w/ unlocked hboot (I do have the hboot top line "revolutionary" though...), i'll try to relock it with oem lock and see whether it says "devices is already locked" or relocking goes succesfully...

OK

As I suspected, when I entered fastboot oem lock, it returned:

(bootloader) Device was already locked!
OKAY [  0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

So I guess there's something preventing bootloader to be unlocked, although , as I've already mentioned, I flashed FW with unlocked hboot and top line of hboot says "-Revolutionary-".... Any help please?

BTW this is what I can when it apparently write imei successfully in fastboot (using command fastboot oem writeimei XXXXXX ):

INFOStart Verify: -1
INFOerase sector 65504 ~ 65535 (32)
OKAY [  0.075s]
finished. total time: 0.075s

Getvar imei then gives me the right imei number but after that, even if I just reboot bootloader (not even regularly reboot to rom) and i check again with getvar imei, imei gets changed back again to the wrong one...
This post was last modified: 04-09-2018, 07:36 AM by murch.
juvette
juvette
juvette
05-09-2018, 09:08 AM
(04-09-2018, 07:26 AM)murch As I suspected, when I entered fastboot oem lock, it returned:

OKAY [  0.006s]

So I guess there's something preventing bootloader to be unlocked, although , as I've already mentioned, I flashed FW with unlocked hboot and top line of hboot says "-Revolutionary-".... Any help please?

BTW this is what I can when it apparently write imei successfully in fastboot (using command fastboot oem writeimei XXXXXX ):

OKAY [  0.075s]

Getvar imei then gives me the right imei number but after that, even if I just reboot bootloader (not even regularly reboot to rom) and i check again with getvar imei, imei gets changed back again to the wrong one...

Is the phone's current IMEI the same as on the back of the phone? i.e you're trying to change IMEI?

murch
murch
murch
05-09-2018, 11:19 AM
(05-09-2018, 09:08 AM)juvette
(04-09-2018, 07:26 AM)murch As I suspected, when I entered fastboot oem lock, it returned:

OKAY [  0.006s]

OKAY [  0.075s]

Is the phone's current IMEI the same as on the back of the phone? i.e you're trying to change IMEI?

Nope, they're not the same.
I'm trying to restore my imei. Not trying to do anything illegal of course, just want my phone back, hence restoring original imei, which was automatically and randomly changed somehow as I realized right after normally turning on the phone just after the plane landed back in my homecountry after 10 days of vacation abroad where the phone worked perfectly.
As soon as I turned on my phone on my return there was signal/bars but sim couldn't register onto my carrier's network.
After talking to network carrier and verifying myself, my IMEI got changed automatically somehow and thus now I can't use it to make phone calls, send sms, use mobile data..
I've been using this phone since 2012 without any issues with different carriers and never even tried to tamper with IMEI (didn't even know IMEI could change before having this problem). I've read about also other people who experienced similar issue with other brands (such as samsung, xiaomi, etc...) even if smartphone was brand new and just few weeks old (so they solve it by just having it repaired under still valid warranty)...

Please help

Thanks a lot in advance for your support
juvette
juvette
juvette
06-09-2018, 10:58 AM

(05-09-2018, 11:19 AM)murch Nope, they're not the same.
I'm trying to restore my imei. Not trying to do anything illegal of course, just want my phone back, hence restoring original imei, which was automatically and randomly changed somehow as I realized right after normally turning on the phone just after the plane landed back in my homecountry after 10 days of vacation abroad where the phone worked perfectly.
As soon as I turned on my phone on my return there was signal/bars but sim couldn't register onto my carrier's network.
After talking to network carrier and verifying myself, my IMEI got changed automatically somehow and thus now I can't use it to make phone calls, send sms, use mobile data..
I've been using this phone since 2012 without any issues with different carriers and never even tried to tamper with IMEI (didn't even know IMEI could change before having this problem). I've read about also other people who experienced similar issue with other brands (such as samsung, xiaomi, etc...) even if smartphone was brand new and just few weeks old (so they solve it by just having it repaired under still valid warranty)...

Please help

What is your HTC model name? Is it Mediatek or Qualcomm

murch
murch
murch
07-09-2018, 09:22 AM
(06-09-2018, 10:58 AM)juvette
(05-09-2018, 11:19 AM)murch Nope, they're not the same.

Please help

What is your HTC model name? Is it Mediatek or Qualcomm

HTC Sensation 4G (although I'm supercid now). It has qualcomm chipset (Snapdragon MSM8260)

(BTW I've tried to enable diag mode in order to use qpst but I haven't managed so far to enable diag mode via adb command:
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb )
juvette
juvette
juvette
08-09-2018, 08:02 PM
(07-09-2018, 09:22 AM)murch HTC Sensation 4G (although I'm supercid now). It has qualcomm chipset (Snapdragon MSM8260)

(BTW I've tried to enable diag mode in order to use qpst but I haven't managed so far to enable diag mode via adb command:
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb  )

What does the phone get displayed as in device manager after you run this command?
I think you should try revert to the original CID, stock hboot, S-On, Lock bootloader then flash the official RUU

murch
murch
murch
17-09-2018, 02:11 PM
(08-09-2018, 08:02 PM)juvette
(07-09-2018, 09:22 AM)murch HTC Sensation 4G (although I'm supercid now). It has qualcomm chipset (Snapdragon MSM8260)

adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb  )

What does the phone get displayed as in device manager after you run this command?
I think you should try revert to the original CID, stock hboot, S-On, Lock bootloader then flash the official RUU

Hi Juvette, again, thanks for your support.

Actually, as menitoned in previous posts, I've already flashed official ruu and got back to stock rom with stock kernel. Imei still incorrect. So I (re)unlocked bootloader (not sure if it's actually  properly unlocked, please see my previous posts) by flashing unlocked hboot 3.32 revolutionary firmware, tried again fastboot oem writeimei but again, even if getvar imei gives the right imei, after rebooting phone exiting fastboot mode, wrong imei is back. So I've flashed twrp recovery and (re)rooted the phone, so to be able to execute again command
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb 

But when I use that command nothing happens. Phone still appears in device manager as either android usb device or htc phone (depending on which PC I try it: in the former case, no htc drivers are installed, whilst in the latter there are htc drivers installed). 
I already have qualcomm drivers ready to be installed as soon as I manage to enable diag mode on the phone and have it appearing on my pc either as unknown device or qualcomm device w/ drivers to be installed though...

I've also tried running that adb command after enabling qxdm (fastboot oem enableqxdm 1), command is run succesfully in fastboot mode but I'm not sure if effectiveness of this command is affected by a bootloader that doesn't seem to be properly unlocked, similarly to what I'm experiencing with fastboot oem writeimei command...
In any case, I've now (re)disabled qxdm with command fastboot oem enableqxdm 0 .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Again thanks a lot!
BTW, even you think I can send you some reports that might be of help to solve this (logcat, others?), please let me know!
This post was last modified: 17-09-2018, 11:15 PM by murch.
juvette
juvette
juvette
18-09-2018, 04:30 PM
(17-09-2018, 02:11 PM)murch Hi Juvette, again, thanks for your support.

Actually, as menitoned in previous posts, I've already flashed official ruu and got back to stock rom with stock kernel. Imei still incorrect. So I (re)unlocked bootloader (not sure if it's actually  properly unlocked, please see my previous posts) by flashing unlocked hboot 3.32 revolutionary firmware, tried again fastboot oem writeimei but again, even if getvar imei gives the right imei, after rebooting phone exiting fastboot mode, wrong imei is back. So I've flashed twrp recovery and (re)rooted the phone, so to be able to execute again command
adb shell
su
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb 

But when I use that command nothing happens. Phone still appears in device manager as either android usb device or htc phone (depending on which PC I try it: in the former case, no htc drivers are installed, whilst in the latter there are htc drivers installed). 
I already have qualcomm drivers ready to be installed as soon as I manage to enable diag mode on the phone and have it appearing on my pc either as unknown device or qualcomm device w/ drivers to be installed though...

I've also tried running that adb command after enabling qxdm (fastboot oem enableqxdm 1), command is run succesfully in fastboot mode but I'm not sure if effectiveness of this command is affected by a bootloader that doesn't seem to be properly unlocked, similarly to what I'm experiencing with fastboot oem writeimei command...
In any case, I've now (re)disabled qxdm with command fastboot oem enableqxdm 0 .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Again thanks a lot!
BTW, even you think I can send you some reports that might be of help to solve this (logcat, others?), please let me know!

Well, its looking like you're going to be needing a box / dongle to try repair IMEI.

payback3223
payback3223
payback3223
05-07-2021, 10:35 AM

fastboot writeimei was returning an error, so i used fastboot oem writeimei and it worked...just for those who might be having the same issues
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3