Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
18-09-2018, 09:43 PM

FOR NOW THE ONLY WAY ROOT THIS DEVICE IS VIA MAGISK BUT THIS METHOD CAUSE SEVERE APP CRASHES AND THERE IS NO WAY TO FLASH TWRP SO IS THERE ANYWAY TO FLASH TWRP TO OVERITE THE RECOVERY OF THIS DEVICE CAUSE IN THE FIRMWARE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVEY.IMG FILE
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
19-09-2018, 01:57 AM
See, I initially wanted to create this kinda thread, after thorough search, I found a twrp not on hovatek, but failed to flash via adb, then I became so tired then decided to flash via magisk, thanks to hovatek for providing me d stock boot for my build, so I am rooted, I initially notice some things
1. The ROM total package ROM I downloaded from hovatek doesn't have recovery after I unzip
2. During adb push, I noticed DAT fastboot flash recovery with twrp I downloaded from third paty not hovatek ooo, after the command, my computer display sent 14404kb and drive not find and still display succesful and my phone never display drive not find but display the twrp byte and said success, after I try d command adb boot recovery twrp.img yielded no result but only said invalid command, but wait Oo the command line is valid,but invalid due to x604 partition layout and bootloader formation,
3. After rooting via magisk with d fear of OTA update I downloaded partition backup from play store but I cannot see recovery in d list of partition, dats went its done on me with dis phone oooo, pls HOVATEK ADMIN PLS HELP US, I have never seen a ROM without recovery, my first sincerely and I have used many android phones and root all of them,thanks
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
19-09-2018, 06:46 AM
(19-09-2018, 01:57 AM)alumi4skop See, I initially wanted to create this kinda thread, after thorough search, I found a twrp not on hovatek, but failed to flash via adb, then I became so tired then decided to flash via magisk, thanks to hovatek for providing me d stock boot for my build, so I am rooted, I initially notice some things
1. The ROM total package ROM I downloaded from hovatek doesn't have recovery after I unzip
2. During adb push, I noticed DAT fastboot flash recovery with twrp I downloaded from third paty not hovatek ooo, after the command, my computer display sent 14404kb and drive not find and still display succesful and my phone never display drive not find but display the twrp byte and said success, after I try d command adb boot recovery twrp.img yielded no result but only said invalid command, but wait Oo the command line is valid,but invalid due to x604 partition layout and bootloader formation,
3. After rooting via magisk with d fear of OTA update I downloaded partition backup from play store but I cannot see recovery in d list of partition, dats went its done on me with dis phone oooo, pls HOVATEK ADMIN PLS HELP US, I have never seen a ROM without recovery, my first sincerely and I have used many android phones and root all of them,thanks

YES THE SAME ISSUES HERE I HAVE THE TWRP FROM HOVATEK BUT THERES NO WAY TO FLASH IT VIA ADB OR FASTBOOT EVEN TRIED VIA ROOT BUT TO NO AVAIL BECAUSE DEFINITELY THE RECOVERY EXIST ON THE PHONE SO THAT MEANS THE RECOVERY .IMG NAME IS REPLACED BY INFINIX OR ANDROID ONE TO ME ANDROID ONE IS A BAD MOVE HOVATEK PLZ HELP WITH THIS ISSUES

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
19-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Nope, android one is far beta than any other iteration of android except pixel line, just that wen u dont have a problem in life there wont be any development, guess wat,we are learning new things,i have never dealt with custom da b4 but its my first on x604,so i am ready AND I BILIV HOVATEK, (long live here, kudos to u guys, moderator to admin and everyone else) chill, it will be solved just a matter of time, whatsoever d culprit is but i know its gonna b sweet in d end, thank God d phone is available in india, u will see alot of development for dis phone
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-09-2018, 04:14 PM

@chikaubah and @alumi4skop
it is clear that the device really doesn't have a recovery partition but has a recovery mode. possibly they merged recovery to a different partition guessing maybe /system. this way users dont get to tamper with their device. i bet infinix won't tell you what they did even if you ask nicely. why don't you both try booting twrp instead of flashing or even try flashing to boot partition

for booting
Code:

fastboot boot twrp.img

for flashing to boot, you can use SPft or fastboot after doing whatever you want do with TWRP, you'll need to flash back your stock boot.img or magisk patched boot in order to boot back to homescreen
Code:

fastboot flash boot twrp.img
fastboot reboot
This post was last modified: 19-09-2018, 04:16 PM by X3non.
juvette
juvette
juvette
21-09-2018, 01:08 PM
(18-09-2018, 09:43 PM)chikaubah FOR NOW THE ONLY WAY ROOT THIS DEVICE IS VIA MAGISK BUT THIS METHOD CAUSE SEVERE APP CRASHES AND THERE IS NO WAY TO FLASH TWRP SO IS THERE ANYWAY TO FLASH TWRP TO OVERITE THE RECOVERY OF THIS DEVICE CAUSE IN THE FIRMWARE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVEY.IMG FILE

Dude! Do you really have to type in all caps?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-09-2018, 01:14 PM
chikaubah .

alumi4skop .

This model doesn't seem to have recovery as a standalone partition.
Try @x3non's suggestions and give feedback

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
23-09-2018, 11:06 PM
(21-09-2018, 01:08 PM)juvette
(18-09-2018, 09:43 PM)chikaubah
FOR NOW THE ONLY WAY ROOT THIS DEVICE IS VIA MAGISK BUT THIS METHOD CAUSE SEVERE APP CRASHES AND THERE IS NO WAY TO FLASH TWRP SO IS THERE ANYWAY TO FLASH TWRP TO OVERITE THE RECOVERY OF THIS DEVICE CAUSE IN THE FIRMWARE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVEY.IMG FILE

Dude! Do you really have to type in all caps?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Mobile

YES I USE MY PC MOST TIMES AND IT FEEL GOOD

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
24-09-2018, 01:17 AM
@admin,tried both commands tey tey,d tin no work at all ,wen I tried fastboot flash boot twrp( the PC tells me recovery partition is not available and it gives success in the third line but in my phone display gives success without much detail dat d partition is missing only gives file sent and the amount of mb's) and to flash boot twrp.img I learnt from hovatek from people whose touch will not work in twrp,did not do anything on his phone,says no such command,well I will try again and feed u more,thanks, long live hovatek
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-09-2018, 10:49 AM

(24-09-2018, 01:17 AM)alumi4skop @admin,tried both commands tey tey,d tin no work at all ,wen I tried fastboot flash boot twrp( the PC tells me recovery partition is not available and it gives success in the third line but in my phone display gives success without much detail dat d partition is missing only gives file sent and the amount of mb's) and to flash boot twrp.img I learnt from hovatek from people whose touch will not work in twrp,did not do anything on his phone,says no such command,well I will try again and feed u more,thanks, long live hovatek

attach screenshot and you can also try flashing using SPft since you have the scatter firmware
just tick ONLY boot then select the twrp.img under file location for boot
This post was last modified: 24-09-2018, 10:54 AM by X3non.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5 Next