Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

HOW TO ROOT INFINIX X604 WITHOUT MAGISK

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
24-09-2018, 02:25 PM

(24-09-2018, 10:49 AM)X3non
(24-09-2018, 01:17 AM)alumi4skop
@admin,tried both commands tey tey,d tin no work at all ,wen I tried fastboot flash boot twrp( the PC tells me recovery partition is not available and it gives success in the third line but in my phone display gives success without much detail dat d partition is missing only gives file sent and the amount of mb's) and to flash boot twrp.img I learnt from hovatek from people whose touch will not work in twrp,did not do anything on his phone,says no such command,well I will try again and feed u more,thanks, long live hovatek

attach screenshot and you can also try flashing using SPft since you have the scatter firmware
just tick ONLY boot then select the twrp.img under file location for boot

I JUST FLASHED THE TWRP IN PLACE OF BOOT VIA U.A.T AND WHEN I BOOT TO RECOVERY THE TWRP SHOW BUT ANYTHING YOU TRY TO FLASH FROM THERE FAIL TRIED FLASHING SU 2.82 IT SAID CURRUPT THEN TRIED XPOSED FOR MY DEVICE BUT THAT FAILED TOO

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
24-09-2018, 02:37 PM
I JUST FLASHED THE TWRP IN PLACE OF BOOT VIA U.A.T FASTBOOT (PAID) AND WHEN I BOOT TO RECOVERY THE TWRP SHOW BUT ANYTHING YOU TRY TO FLASH FROM THERE FAIL TRIED FLASHING SU 2.82 IT SAID CURRUPT THEN TRIED XPOSED FOR MY DEVICE BUT THAT FAILED TOO HERE IS THE IMAGES OF ERROR BUT SOME SCREEN SHOT DID NOT SAVE AND THE TWRP IS STILL ENABLED
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2018-09-24-13-00-21.png
Size: 152.74 KB / Downloads: 19
.png
Screenshot_2018-09-24-13-01-01.png
Size: 202.84 KB / Downloads: 6
.png
Screenshot_2018-09-24-13-00-23.png
Size: 168.84 KB / Downloads: 8
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-09-2018, 04:02 PM
(24-09-2018, 02:37 PM)chikaubah I JUST FLASHED THE TWRP IN PLACE OF BOOT VIA U.A.T FASTBOOT (PAID) AND WHEN I BOOT TO RECOVERY THE TWRP SHOW BUT ANYTHING YOU TRY TO FLASH FROM THERE FAIL TRIED FLASHING SU 2.82 IT SAID CURRUPT THEN TRIED XPOSED FOR MY DEVICE BUT THAT FAILED TOO HERE IS THE IMAGES OF ERROR BUT SOME SCREEN SHOT DID NOT SAVE AND THE TWRP IS STILL ENABLED

supersu zip is probably corrupt, download from a different source
the mount errors, did you create this twrp using the porting tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21839.html ?
are you able to boot back to homescreen without flashing stock boot.img?
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
24-09-2018, 09:06 PM
ITS NOT CURRUPT AT ALL THE ISUUES IS COMMING FROM THE PARTION WE FLASHED TWRP TO I THINK IT DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT OERMISSION TO WRITE FROM THERE BECAUSE I JUST TWRP AND ROOTED MY GIONEE M5 WITH THOSE FILES AND IT WORKED SO I THINK WE HAVE NOT LOCATED THE RIGHT PARTITION TO FLASH THAT TWRP TO BECAUSE EVEN WIPE OPTIONS THERE ARE NOT WORKING AND SAYING THAT THERE IS NO OS INSTALLED SO I BLIV THE TWRP WE JUST FLASHED CANT LOCATE THE SYSTEM FILES FROM BOOT.IMG

chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
24-09-2018, 11:14 PM

yes and am able to boot back without flashing boot.img and for the twrp i dont kno who created it
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
25-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I have the same problem here after flashing the twrp.img to boot partition using fastboot mode, then I proceeded to flash magisk zip but it says error due to mounting system, even after giving twrp to modify in d first window, what I can say is DAT
1.flashing the twrp doesn't bootloop d phone
2.flashing the twrp doesn't disappear after many reboot even if u don't grant permission to modify
3.the twrp doesn't not have the ability to mount system, maybe becos u flashed it via fastboot ash boot twrp.img, cos its not dedicated recovery partition
4.it gives no installed os warning despite u have os installed
5.it can't backup any partition like I tried to backup, it only display data in backup but it didn't backup nothing, instead of displying recovery, system, data, boot etc
So clearly u can't do anything here, I will love to port using hovatek tool but where is d stock recovery I am gonna use,with this it has touch but can't perform anything like zip flashing backup due to mounting issue, more so I have been rooted b4 but I loose root as soon as I flashed dis twrp but does not bootloop d phone, to u software gurus in d house
chikaubah
chikaubah
chikaubah
25-09-2018, 09:14 AM
(25-09-2018, 09:08 AM)alumi4skop I have the same problem here after flashing the twrp.img to boot partition using fastboot mode, then I proceeded to flash magisk zip but it says error due to mounting system, even after giving twrp to modify in d first window, what I can say is DAT
1.flashing the twrp doesn't bootloop d phone
2.flashing the twrp doesn't disappear after many reboot even if u don't grant permission to modify
3.the twrp doesn't not have the ability to mount system, maybe becos u flashed it via fastboot ash boot twrp.img, cos its not dedicated recovery partition
4.it gives no installed os warning despite u have os installed
5.it can't backup any partition like I tried to backup, it only display data in backup but it didn't backup nothing, instead of displying recovery, system, data, boot etcy
So clearly u can't do anything here, I will love to port using hovatek tool but where is d stock recovery I am gonna use,with this it has touch but can't perform anything like zip flashing backup due to mounting issue, more so I have been rooted b4 but I loose root as soon as I flashed dis twrp but does not bootloop d phone, to u software gurus in d house

THATS THE PROBLEM NO RECOVERY NO PORT IT JUST CLUELESS NOW

alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
25-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Will there ever b solution, what me I think is DAT, @hovatek admin, I think the recovery might be in boot partition, cos after flashing the twrp img the phone boots well to system instead of it booting into twrp in successive boots after flash since it not normal boot img like just have to flash stock recovery for repeated booting in twrp like booting back to twrp every time u power it on but it boot into system as in normal android even wen the twrp is flashed, no need to flash the stock boot or patched boot and IT ALSO BOOTED INTO RECOVERY WITH POWER PLUS VOLUME ACTION AS IN IT BOOTED TO THE TWRP WELLA, so dats y i said the recovery is in d boot partition abi I no try
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
alumi4skop
25-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Now I flashed  back my patched boot img and I have my stock recovery back and magisk restored without any additional  setup, now the problem is how do u install update,flash magisk zip, so even after u flash stock boot, u will loose root, fine!  So how do  I get updated stock boot after ota update so as to avoid patching wrong boot,will the stock initial boot or initial patched boot will still work after update hmm! So d best tin here is if a functioning twrpis here or wwr method works which I am stuck at reading length address( I tried for for other chipset and os 7.0like hot 5 and it worked remember mt6580) would not be hassle  to me, will just have to do fresh backup  of os and get whatever boot I needed,  patch it and get rooted
This post was last modified: 25-09-2018, 02:55 PM by alumi4skop. Edit Reason: Keyboard auto correct
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-09-2018, 04:16 PM

(25-09-2018, 10:24 AM)alumi4skop Will there ever b solution, what me I think is DAT, @hovatek admin, I think the recovery might be in boot partition, cos after flashing the twrp img the phone boots well to system instead  of it booting into twrp in successive boots after flash since it not normal boot img like just have to flash stock recovery for repeated booting in twrp like booting back to twrp every time u power it on but it boot into system as in normal android even wen the twrp is flashed, no need to flash the stock boot or patched boot and IT ALSO BOOTED INTO RECOVERY WITH POWER PLUS VOLUME ACTION AS IN IT BOOTED TO THE TWRP WELLA, so dats y i said the recovery  is in d boot partition abi I no try

you're quite right, it should boot to twrp on reboot or normal boot and not using button combo. we can only speculate what infinix must have done
can either you or @chikaubah post link to stock boot and twrp.img and also state build number too
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next