Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno NX bricked
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

[Please help] Tecno NX bricked

Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
26-09-2018, 11:44 PM

(26-09-2018, 07:13 PM)RMT ...
After I flashed Magisk's patched boot but it does nothing too.

cache automatically unmounting is very normal, just needed to be sure userdata can be mounted
it seems like you'll really need to get your hands on another working tecno NX 
also did you check the vol up button like i asked?
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
28-09-2018, 10:30 AM
(26-09-2018, 11:44 PM)X3non
(26-09-2018, 07:13 PM)RMT

cache automatically unmounting is very normal, just needed to be sure userdata can be mounted

I found a way to prove that my vol up button isn't stuck.

In Philz recovery : Advanced recovery settings →

And Philz behavior when I press either vol up, vol down and power button is totally normal.
When I press vol up, it shows.
While I hold vol up, the same output always shows up many times.

So, I'm sure that vol up is not stuck.

Finally, I guess we have any other solution anymore. And I can't access to a worked tecno NX neither. So, I'll give my phone to carrier service.

Envoyé de mon TECNO R6 avec Hovatek Mobile
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
28-09-2018, 12:36 PM
(26-09-2018, 11:44 PM)X3non
(26-09-2018, 07:13 PM)RMT

I found a way to prove that my vol up button isn't stuck.

In Philz recovery : Advanced menu→ Key Test

And Philz behavior when I press either vol up, vol down and power button is totally normal.
When I press vol up, it shows.
While I hold vol up, the same output always shows up many times.
Also, when pressing vol up, philz shows :
Key: 115

So, I'm sure that vol up is not stuck.

Finally, I guess we have any other solution anymore. And I can't access to a worked tecno NX neither. So, I'll give my phone to carrier service.

RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
01-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Please, I want to recover my warranty and flash back to stock (even if it won't boot after) before sending my phone.

I think I have to perform these command :
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot -w
fastboot oem lock

So, is it all I have to do or I have to flash other partition ? Also, even if my warranty gets back, can carriers see that I've unlocked my bootloader or flashed something before ?

This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 10:20 AM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-10-2018, 03:53 PM

(01-10-2018, 10:19 AM)RMT ...
So, is it all I have to do or I have to flash other partition ? Also, even if my warranty gets back, can carriers see that I've unlocked my bootloader or flashed something before ?

you can run all 6 commands but oem lock probably would still leave traces, after running oem lock cmd, check "fastboot getvar all"
the output should contain this three lines below
Code:

warranty: yes
unlocked: no
secure: yes

but if warranty is still no, grab your scatter file and Sp flash tool then format ONLY seccfg partition using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html
if successful, then warranty should be set to yes

PS: you can use 'fastboot erase seccfg' to wipe seccfg instead of using SP flash tool. this should work fine too
This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 08:41 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
03-10-2018, 05:26 AM
(01-10-2018, 03:53 PM)X3non
(01-10-2018, 10:19 AM)RMT ...

you can run all 6 commands but oem lock probably would still leave traces, after running oem lock cmd, check "fastboot getvar all"
the output should contain this three lines below
Code:

warranty: yes
unlocked: no
secure: yes

but if warranty is still no, grab your scatter file and Sp flash tool then format ONLY seccfg partition using the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html
if successful, then warranty should be set to yes

PS: you can use 'fastboot erase seccfg' to wipe seccfg instead of using SP flash tool. this should work fine too

Hi, very strong thing I have done.

Because, I've executed these command, my bootloader has been locked and when I reboot, my phone starts doing a factory reset and guess what? After this, unexpectedly, stock boot animation shows up! And I finally I have the start (configuration) screen!!! That means that my phone was unbricked before I sent it to customer service.

So, I've wrote that somewhere here but finally, the issue was philz. I think it prevented the phone to boot to system and flashing back stock recovery has avoided that.
And after that, I'll never ever use philz as my custom recovery.

I want to say thank you for whole help you gave me.

But now, I have a new issue.

After that magic thing, I unlocked my bootloader, again. Then I flash twrp to recovery partition, and after to boot partition. Of course, nothing has changed, just the fact that there's no password typing anymore (I did a fastboot -w before rebooting).
Next up, I performed a nandroid backup (system, boot and nvdata) through twrp (on /boot). Successful!
And finally to come back to system, I just install my stock boot, not using my computer, but through twrp itself. So, I've done that : Install > switch to install image > select boot.img > toggle the /boot partition in pop up suggestion > swipe to install. But stupidly, I forget to perform a factory reset (I didn't it because it's not necessary on my computer) and press the reboot system button.
Then, sadly, instead of configuration screen, I have a screen saying that :

To start Android, enter your password

Also, I didn't have a password before
I can't type anything because "Gboard keeps stopping".
I thought that flashing again system will remove that so I SHUT DOWN in android, next boot into twrp (on /recovery). And through adb :

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

But the situation hasn't changed. Then I RESTART in android, pressing vol up button when booting and sadly, stock recovery came back.
Now, I can't access to bootloader anymore.

So, please, what should I do? I think I have to format something using sp flash tool with the link you've sent me before but which partition should I format?
Please know that I didn't have that screen when I performed the 6 commands that unbricked my phone. So I just want to say : system, recovery, boot and vendor dumped with sp flash is fully working.

Also still thanks for the help. We've make a very big jump since September.

RMT
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 05:34 AM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-10-2018, 04:13 PM
(03-10-2018, 05:26 AM)RMT ...

RMT

philz is a good alt custom recovery for those who have touch disabled in recovery and dont wish to keep flashing boot [i still use philz but mostly for quick userdata and cache backup only]. i think your problems started when you performed a factory reset using philz. i experienced that once too on marshmallow

fastboot -w fixed it on marshmallow, it seems not to require an extra factory reset in recovery mode on marshmallow. while from your explanation above it seems on oreo, fastboot -w still requires a factory reset in recovery which philz was unable to perform correctly thats probably why stock recovery worked

stock recovery should have "reboot to bootloader", if it does then its the same as boot to fastboot mode

a factory reset in recovery mode should fix 'To start Android, enter your password'. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23839.html and dont forget to use stock recovery when factory resetting
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
03-10-2018, 06:52 PM
(03-10-2018, 04:13 PM)X3non
(03-10-2018, 05:26 AM)RMT ...

RMT

philz is a good alt custom recovery for those who have touch disabled in recovery and dont wish to keep flashing boot [i still use philz but mostly for quick userdata and cache backup only]. i think your problems started when you performed a factory reset using philz. i experienced that once too on marshmallow

fastboot -w fixed it on marshmallow, it seems not to require an extra factory reset in recovery mode on marshmallow. while from your explanation above it seems on oreo, fastboot -w still requires a factory reset in recovery which philz was unable to perform correctly thats probably why stock recovery worked

stock recovery should have "reboot to bootloader", if it does then its the same as boot to fastboot mode

a factory reset in recovery mode should fix 'To start Android, enter your password'. see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23839.html and dont forget to use stock recovery when factory resetting

Yes, your explanation makes more sense. I would say how a recovery can control boot or boot priority?

Also actually my stock recovery is nothing. So I can't access to my bootloader or factory resetting through it. Do you remember the photo I've sent in the twrp thread?
Here is it: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUA1o5VkY3XkXqM4E74qkXKXEAs

And I've checked out the factory mode too. It just shows up a screen saying :

Factory mode

And weirdly it doesn't answer when I pressed each button so I think I can't access it too to perform a factory reset.

I think the only way is formatting through sp flash tool but I guess it will avoid the da file after.
So what do you think?
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 06:55 PM by RMT.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-10-2018, 07:09 PM
(03-10-2018, 06:52 PM)RMT ...
So what do you think?

see the screenshot in the link you sent? the one with no command. when you boot to the no command screen then 'hold power button and press vol up' and it should take you to main recovery mode

you can format userdata and cache partition using spft but hold off on formatting using spft for now
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 07:10 PM by X3non.
RMT
RMT
RMT
Techie Member
06-10-2018, 07:49 PM

(03-10-2018, 07:09 PM)X3non
(03-10-2018, 06:52 PM)RMT
So what do you think?

see the screenshot in the link you sent? the one with no command. when you boot to the no command screen then 'hold power button and press vol up' and it should take you to main recovery mode

you can format userdata and cache partition using spft but hold off on formatting using spft for now

Wow, why didn't you say that before ??? I mean when I thought if I loose Philz I'll never can flash through fastboot !! (just kidding :p)

Anyway, it works and I wiped successfully /cache and /data. But weirdly, when I attempted to factory reset, it just rebooted (might be a tecno's issue)

By the way, my phone is totally unbricked now !!!
Thanks again for your support and help !

Please, because I do need a custom recovery, let's now focused on my TWRP thread Smile

See you there ! :D

Sent from my TECNO R8O using Hovatek Mobile
Pages (7): Previous 13 4 5 6 7