Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix Note 5 X604
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix Note 5 X604

Unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix Note 5 X604

hdboy
hdboy
hdboy
Enthusiastic Member
09-10-2018, 07:30 AM

I want to know the procedure of unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix note 5.
Can the phone be updated to latest android updates once i unroot the phone?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
09-10-2018, 02:25 PM
(09-10-2018, 07:30 AM)hdboy I want to know the procedure of unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix note 5.

unlock bootloader using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html
root using magisk method at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
if your phone gets an official update, to unroot after rooting using magisk method, flash your stock boot.img then uninstall magisk apk, you might also need to flash stock system.img depending on if you made modifications to /system
This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 03:36 PM by freshtyt.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
09-10-2018, 03:18 PM
(09-10-2018, 07:30 AM)hdboy I want to know the procedure of unlocking bootloader , rooting and unrooting Infinix note 5.

Root your phone using the guide link @freshtyt's reply, note that you don't have to unlock bootloader before rooting.
Also, rooting can't make your phone get latest firmware update.

Sent from my M5mini using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM by X3non.
hdboy
hdboy
hdboy
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2018, 01:52 PM
So you are sure that i don't need to unlock bootloader before rooting? Also if i need to update to latest firmware , i would need the system img flashing ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-10-2018, 05:38 PM

(10-10-2018, 01:52 PM)hdboy So you are sure that i don't need to unlock bootloader before rooting? Also if i need to update to latest firmware , i would need the system img flashing ?

if you have scatter file for your device build, then you don't necessarily need to unlock bootloader 

if you need to update to latest firmware, depending on how you achieved root and what modifications you made to the phone afterwards
if you rooted using magisk patched boot then you only need to flash boot.img
if you rooted using a custom recovery, you'll probably need to flash boot, recovery and system.img
if after rooting and you made changes to /system partition then you'll need to flash boot and system.img