Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android white screen after flashing stock rom
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

white screen after flashing stock rom

white screen after flashing stock rom

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2018, 01:55 AM

hi guys.
I really out did myself this time, I have a device mobicel switch. I wanted to port a custom recovery with SP flash tool but I accidentally, wiped the device. I didn't have a backup so I downloaded a "so called" stock ROM from a video on youtube. I flashed it via sp flash tool and miracle box. I got the same result with both programs, the ROM flashes but the screen goes white. when I light up the phone it responds normally and even rings when I call it but the display is not functional.

I think it has to do with the lk.bin file, which contains device drivers. I tried flashing lk.bin from techno W4, and the screen, went darkish.

I need help if anyone has a similar device can you please kindly, read back your ROM and send me the lk.bin file. or a compatible lk.bin for mt6580 with a 5" LCD.
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2018, 01:57 AM
the ROM that I used was created by, infinity box CM 2, could that be the reason why I get white screen with SP flash tool and miracle box?
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
10-10-2018, 03:23 PM
(10-10-2018, 01:57 AM)leeroym2 the ROM that I used was created by, infinity box CM 2, could that be the reason why I get white screen with SP flash tool and miracle box?

that's not the reason, its more likely your device is a different variant 
you need to look for another mobicel switch device with different build from the rom you flashed then try flashing lk.bin from it
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2018, 07:13 PM
thanks I'm in the process of searching for the device, seems like the device is limited there is not a lot of them out there if anyone who has the device can read back the ROM and upload it. I would really appreciate it
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
14-10-2018, 09:43 PM

I managed to get the screen to display, the phone is booting, but the touch screen is now unresponsive, I can't swipe up to unlock, or start the initial setup if the device in the new rom.

I'm sure this is not a hardware problem bcoz the device was working perfectly before.
what can I do to make touch work
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
15-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Flash the rom that gives you white screen, then flash only lk.bin from the backup you did
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-10-2018, 01:17 PM
(14-10-2018, 09:43 PM)leeroym2 I managed to get the screen to display, the phone is booting, but the touch screen is now unresponsive, I can't swipe up to unlock, or start the initial setup if the device in the new rom.

I'm sure this is not a hardware problem bcoz the device was working perfectly before.
what can I do to make touch work

Did you get screen to display using LK from a different rom or what?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
17-10-2018, 04:50 AM
the lk.bin was from a different firmware
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
17-10-2018, 04:31 PM
(17-10-2018, 04:50 AM)leeroym2 the lk.bin was from a different firmware

another mobicel switch firmware?
can you post the link to this firmware here just in case someone else has the same problems
leeroym2
leeroym2
leeroym2
Enthusiastic Member
21-10-2018, 09:51 AM

lemme first find a way to compress it, because its 7GB after I backed it up with sp flash tool
Pages (2): 1 2 Next