Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Gionee GN5001S not booting into twrp recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Gionee GN5001S not booting into twrp recovery

Gionee GN5001S not booting into twrp recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
14-11-2018, 02:09 PM

I followed a post on how port twrp recovery img using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software. I got the recovery img from miracle box and then port it using hovatek mtk twrp. Now, this twrp ported I flashed it using fastboot the fastboot showed successful but didn't boot into twrp recovery. I tried to unlock the oem but it failed. Therefore I want you to help me out. I want to flash gapps through twrp recovery
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-11-2018, 03:04 PM
(14-11-2018, 02:09 PM)abbey2u I followed a post on how port twrp recovery img using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software. I got the recovery img from miracle box and then port it using hovatek mtk twrp. Now, this twrp ported I flashed it using fastboot the fastboot showed successful but didn't boot into twrp recovery. I tried to unlock the oem but it failed. Therefore I want you to help me out. I want to flash gapps through twrp recovery

Two things contradict each other, you flashed recovery using fastboot successfully and you tried unlocking bootloader unsuccessfully

Try flashing twrp recovery.img using miracle box instead, if you still can't boot into recovery mode then try porting twrp using v1.0
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
14-11-2018, 05:38 PM
(14-11-2018, 03:04 PM)X3non
(14-11-2018, 02:09 PM)abbey2u I followed a post on how port twrp recovery img using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software. I got the recovery img from miracle box and then port it using hovatek mtk twrp. Now, this twrp ported I flashed it using fastboot the fastboot showed successful but didn't boot into twrp recovery. I tried to unlock the oem but it failed. Therefore I want you to help me out. I want to flash gapps through twrp recovery

Two things contradict each other, you flashed recovery using fastboot successfully and you tried unlocking bootloader unsuccessfully

Try flashing twrp recovery.img using miracle box instead, if you still can't boot into recovery mode then try porting twrp using v1.0

I really find it difficult to explain. First, I use miracle box to back up recovery img which I later port using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software to port according to what was written on a thread on "how to port mtk twrp recovery img" something like that. After all that, I rename the output from recovery bin to recovery img. I opened adb command follow the guide on how to flash recovery img by using >>>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img after >>>fastboot devices and showed successful result. I then reboot to recovery to check if it will show twrp recovery that will allow me to install ROM and flash gapps but instead it boot to normal Android recovery mode. I checked everywhere to know why and what happened. I find where hovatek admin ask a guy if he has unlock the oem. That is why I said let me try to unlock the oem maybe the recovery will be able to install but I got failed result when I tried it with >>>fastboot oem unlock.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-11-2018, 08:21 PM
(14-11-2018, 05:38 PM)abbey2u I really find it difficult to explain. First, I use miracle box to back up recovery img which I later port using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software to port according to what was written on a thread on "how to port mtk twrp recovery img" something like that. After all that, I rename the output from recovery bin to recovery img. I opened adb command follow the guide on how to flash recovery img by using >>>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img after >>>fastboot devices and showed successful result. I then reboot to recovery to check if it will show twrp recovery that will allow me to install ROM and flash gapps but instead it boot to normal Android recovery mode. I checked everywhere to know why and what happened. I find where hovatek admin ask a guy if he has unlock the oem. That is why I said let me try to unlock the oem maybe the recovery will be able to install but I got failed result when I tried it with >>>fastboot oem unlock.

you got a success message when you flashed in fastboot which means bootloader is unlocked [no need to try unlocking bootloader as it's already unlocked]
when you used our twrp porting tool, what was the result for DM_verity?
also which particular version of the tool did you use to port twrp?
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
15-11-2018, 02:58 AM

(14-11-2018, 08:21 PM)X3non
(14-11-2018, 05:38 PM)abbey2u I really find it difficult to explain. First, I use miracle box to back up recovery img which I later port using hovatek mtk twrp recovery gui software to port according to what was written on a thread on "how to port mtk twrp recovery img" something like that. After all that, I rename the output from recovery bin to recovery img. I opened adb command follow the guide on how to flash recovery img by using >>>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img after >>>fastboot devices and showed successful result. I then reboot to recovery to check if it will show twrp recovery that will allow me to install ROM and flash gapps but instead it boot to normal Android recovery mode. I checked everywhere to know why and what happened. I find where hovatek admin ask a guy if he has unlock the oem. That is why I said let me try to unlock the oem maybe the recovery will be able to install but I got failed result when I tried it with >>>fastboot oem unlock.

you got a success message when you flashed in fastboot which means bootloader is unlocked [no need to try unlocking bootloader as it's already unlocked]
also which particular version of the tool did you use to port twrp?
V1. 3 Gui (beta testing)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-11-2018, 09:57 AM
(15-11-2018, 02:58 AM)abbey2u V1. 3 Gui (beta testing)

Still need answer to this;
Also have you tried using v1.0 tool?
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
15-11-2018, 12:21 PM
(15-11-2018, 09:57 AM)X3non
(15-11-2018, 02:58 AM)abbey2u V1. 3 Gui (beta testing)

Still need answer to this;
Also have you tried using v1.0 tool?

Sir, I don't see DM_verity I will try it again. And will try v1. 0 as well. 

When I flash using fastboot the screen shot is what I saw
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20181115_121954.jpg
Size: 233.53 KB / Downloads: 11
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-11-2018, 04:37 PM
(15-11-2018, 12:21 PM)abbey2u Sir, I don't see DM_verity I will try it again. And will try v1. 0 as well. 

After flashing the recovery.img, you run
Code:

fastboot reboot

This will boot the phone to home screen. You can then power off and boot into recovery using button combo or boot into recovery using adb

Code:

adb reboot recovery

Another alternative is to rename the TWRP recovery.img to recovery.bin then flash using Miracle box
This post was last modified: 15-11-2018, 04:38 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
16-11-2018, 02:24 PM
(15-11-2018, 04:37 PM)hovatek
(15-11-2018, 12:21 PM)abbey2u Sir, I don't see DM_verity I will try it again. And will try v1. 0 as well. 

After flashing the recovery.img, you run
Code:

fastboot reboot and

This will boot the phone to home screen. You can then power off and boot into recovery using button combo or boot into recovery using adb

Code:

adb reboot recovery

Another alternative is to rename the TWRP recovery.img to recovery.bin then flash using Miracle box

I did that several times, it just boot into android recovery mode.

How can I flash recovery.img using miracle box?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-11-2018, 04:17 PM

(16-11-2018, 02:24 PM)abbey2u I did that several times, it just boot into android recovery mode.

How can I flash recovery.img using miracle box?

Your flashing using fastboot is okay, what you really need is to check DM_verity status and or try v1.0 of the tool (still waiting for reply on these)

If you still interested in flashing using miracle box
Create a new folder on your desktop
Copy twrp recovery.img to the new folder
Rename recovery.img to recovery.bin
Copy scatter file and preloader.bin from your miracle box dump folder
Then flash all three files using miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html
Pages (2): 1 2 Next