Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno F3 when flashed without userdata , when booted the userdata is still not wiped
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno F3 when flashed without userdata , when booted the userdata is still not wiped

Tecno F3 when flashed without userdata , when booted the userdata is still not wiped

shelly
shelly
shelly
Enthusiastic Member
29-11-2018, 02:32 PM

after flashing my tecno f3 with its backed up firmware created with Miraclebox , the userdata is still not wiped even though i tried all possible means to brick the phone and unbrick it , still it does not flash...

please any insight on this problem , is there a new security causing these ????????????
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-11-2018, 10:48 PM
(29-11-2018, 02:32 PM)shelly after flashing my tecno f3 with its backed up firmware created with Miraclebox , the userdata is still not wiped even though i tried all possible means to brick the phone and unbrick it , still it does not flash...

please any insight on this problem , is there a new security causing these ????????????

userdata wont just disappear unless you purposefully format that partition.
here's what you just did, you made backup using miracle box > flashed all partitions except userdata > the outcome is right where you started cause nothing has changed

if you want to format userdata partition, you can factory reset the phone in settings. now i'm not sure why you are trying to brick your phone but its really best not to be messing around with secure boot phones

if you want to verify if your backup really is working, you've already verified the files are working as you flashed and didn't encounter a brick [if something was wrong with the backup then your phone would have been bricked by now]. then to verify if userdata backup is OK, factory reset the phone then flash userdata > the outcome should restore all your files, apps and settings just the way it was before you made the backup if the userdata backup is OK
shelly
shelly
shelly
Enthusiastic Member
01-12-2018, 01:41 AM
(29-11-2018, 10:48 PM)X3non
(29-11-2018, 02:32 PM)shelly after flashing my tecno f3 with its backed up firmware created with Miraclebox , the userdata is still not wiped even though i tried all possible means to brick the phone and unbrick it , still it does not flash...

userdata wont just disappear unless you purposefully format that partition.
here's what you just did, you made backup using miracle box > flashed all partitions except userdata > the outcome is right where you started cause nothing has changed

if you want to format userdata partition, you can factory reset the phone in settings. now i'm not sure why you are trying to brick your phone but its really best not to be messing around with secure boot phones

if you want to verify if your backup really is working, you've already verified the files are working as you flashed and didn't encounter a brick [if something was wrong with the backup then your phone would have been bricked by now]. then to verify if userdata backup is OK, factory reset the phone then flash userdata > the outcome should restore all your files, apps and settings just the way it was before you made the backup if the userdata backup is OK

i tried factory reset , the partition is still not wiped, even wiped emmc through factory mode still not wiped ......still the same 

any more insights ???
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
01-12-2018, 01:58 AM
From the response you have given, it points to a faulty emmc chip.

Just to be sure, you can get the DA for your phone from here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html, the scatter file from your backup, and the guide here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html to format only userdata partition.
shelly
shelly
shelly
Enthusiastic Member
01-12-2018, 02:35 PM

(01-12-2018, 01:58 AM)EMMANUS From the response you have given, it points to a faulty emmc chip.

Just to be sure, you can get the DA for your phone from here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html, the scatter file from your backup, and the guide here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html to format only userdata partition.

Tried it , downloaded the custom Da for Tecno pop 1, wiped userdata .... Tried also format all + download with the custom Da and loaded the rom .

Still I quote it didn't work !!! User data still present ...

Or is there a specific sp flash tool to flash Tecno pop 1....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 02:38 PM by shelly.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-12-2018, 06:33 PM
(01-12-2018, 02:35 PM)shelly Tried it , downloaded the custom Da for Tecno pop 1, wiped userdata .... Tried also format all + download with the custom Da and loaded the rom .
Still I quote it didn't work !!! User data still present ...
Or is there a specific sp flash tool to flash Tecno pop 1....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Hovatek Mobile

its a faulty emmc chip problem [hardware], needs to be replaced
Emmy Chizzy1
Emmy Chizzy1
Emmy Chizzy1
04-12-2018, 07:12 PM
Thanks to Hovatek, x3non,EMMANUS and other representative for their contribution on this thread and these also(https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25874.html)

Am with you shelly.