Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Potential Google pixel 2 hard brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Potential Google pixel 2 hard brick

[Please help] Potential Google pixel 2 hard brick

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
haleem254
haleem254
haleem254
15-12-2018, 12:29 PM

I was installing the November factory image with the flash all.bat in the zip without the w command. the installation started well and the phone rebooted and the screen went black with no response. it did not boot up or anything. on the computer it is detected as a qualcomm hs usb qdloader 9008 device. I have tried powering of with the power button, volume up and power, volume down and power all those dont work. i have also tried charging it and trying the key combinations and non work. i have also tried running adb devices and fastboot devices and all of them dont recognize the device. any help  will be appreciated.
This post was last modified: 15-12-2018, 08:39 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-12-2018, 07:20 PM
(15-12-2018, 12:29 PM)haleem254 I was installing the November factory image with the flash all.bat in the zip without the w command. the installation started well and the phone rebooted and the screen went black with no response. it did not boot up or anything. on the computer it is detected as a qualcomm hs usb qdloader 9008 device. I have tried powering of with the power button, volume up and power, volume down and power all those dont work. i have also tried charging it and trying the key combinations and non work. i have also tried running adb devices and fastboot devices and all of them dont recognize the device. any help  will be appreciated.

Its stuck in Emergency Download (EDL Mode). Has the phone been rooted or the OS modified before you installed the Novermber OTA?
Download this rom @ https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/wa...9a3474.zip
let me know once done
This post was last modified: 15-12-2018, 08:39 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
15-12-2018, 08:41 PM
When it rebooted, did it show you logo, it it was just light and black screen?
haleem254
haleem254
haleem254
15-12-2018, 09:09 PM
(15-12-2018, 08:41 PM)EMMANUS When it rebooted, did it show you logo, it it was just light and black screen?

It did not show any logo.. It just was black .. I knew it had rebooted because of the detection sound on the PC when hardware is connected or restarts and the drivers get detected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Hovatek Mobile
haleem254
haleem254
haleem254
15-12-2018, 09:11 PM

(15-12-2018, 07:20 PM)hovatek
(15-12-2018, 12:29 PM)haleem254
I was installing the November factory image with the flash all.bat in the zip without the w command. the installation started well and the phone rebooted and the screen went black with no response. it did not boot up or anything. on the computer it is detected as a qualcomm hs usb qdloader 9008 device. I have tried powering of with the power button, volume up and power, volume down and power all those dont work. i have also tried charging it and trying the key combinations and non work. i have also tried running adb devices and fastboot devices and all of them dont recognize the device. any help  will be appreciated.

Its stuck in Emergency Download (EDL Mode). Has the phone been rooted or the OS modified before you installed the Novermber OTA?
let me know once done

The download is a Telstra network factory image this is the right version on the list from the download page you gave me.

https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/wa...083164.zip

And I have downloaded it. It's the international version for the pixel 2 I have

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Hovatek Mobile
haleem254
haleem254
haleem254
15-12-2018, 09:23 PM
(15-12-2018, 12:29 PM)haleem254

let me know once done

Oooh and yes it was rooted with magisk 18 and its always worked before with no issues:
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-12-2018, 12:42 PM
(15-12-2018, 09:23 PM)haleem254 Oooh and yes it was rooted with magisk 18 and its always worked before with no issues:

Can't say for sure if that contributed but its possible.
you'll need a working phone of the same model to create a debrick image

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bjkhb
bjkhb
bjkhb
20-10-2019, 02:11 PM
I am also in same situation. If anyone of you figured out the solution, please let me know.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-10-2019, 12:34 AM
(20-10-2019, 02:11 PM)bjkhb I am also in same situation. If anyone of you figured out the solution, please let me know.

either you
1. look for a working firehorse programmer file that'll work for your device model or
2. attempt to start the device from an sd card, example as shown @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19721.html
αrk
αrk
αrk
26-11-2023, 02:08 PM

(15-12-2018, 12:29 PM)haleem254 I was installing the November factory image with the flash all.bat in the zip without the w command. the installation started well and the phone rebooted and the screen went black with no response. it did not boot up or anything. on the computer it is detected as a qualcomm hs usb qdloader 9008 device. I have tried powering of with the power button, volume up and power, volume down and power all those dont work. i have also tried charging it and trying the key combinations and non work. i have also tried running adb devices and fastboot devices and all of them dont recognize the device. any help  will be appreciated.

let me know once done
Hello could i also get some help. i have the rom installed but i cant download it due to me using QFIL, Ive been struggling for 3 hours now Huh
Pages (2): 1 2 Next