Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

Pages (41): Previous 113 14 15 16 1741 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-07-2014, 10:40 PM

(19-07-2014, 11:04 AM)bhovuh i can get access to facebook

send a message @ http://facebook.com/hovatek

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
19-07-2014, 11:41 PM
(19-07-2014, 10:40 PM)hovatek
(19-07-2014, 11:04 AM)bhovuh i can get access to facebook

send a message @ http://facebook.com/hovatek

ok done
sekyen
sekyen
sekyen
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Good day Sir, my tecno p9 tab wont come on for over a month now. I was able to get someone with the same phone and diligently followed the instructions but when I was about to root the working phone, there was an error message (mt6589 mt8389 is fake, hardware in kernel or firmware). I also couldnt download the preloader.bin for this phone probably because am not a premium member. Please Sir, assist me if you can.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2014, 09:11 PM
(24-07-2014, 08:50 PM)sekyen Good day Sir, my tecno p9 tab wont come on for over a month now. I was able to get someone with the same phone and diligently followed the instructions but when I was about to root the working phone, there was an error message (mt6589 mt8389 is fake, hardware in kernel or firmware). I also couldnt download the preloader.bin for this phone probably because am not a premium member. Please Sir, assist me if you can.

Do you still have access to the working p9?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sekyen
sekyen
sekyen
Enthusiastic Member
24-07-2014, 09:30 PM

Do you still have access to the working p9?
[/quote]

No Sir, I had to return it to the owner earlier today
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2014, 09:39 AM
(24-07-2014, 09:30 PM)sekyen No Sir, I had to return it to the owner earlier today

If you could get access to it then we can guide you through fixing your phone.
1. How exactly did your phone get bricked?
2. Was it rooted
3. What happens when you press the power button?

Note!
sekyen
sekyen
sekyen
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2014, 01:19 PM
1) I think the battery went very low and refused to come on or charge again.
2) No, It has never been rooted before.
3) When the start button is pressed, nothing happens. I connected it to the PC yesterday which attempted to recognize the device but failed and it doesn't respond like that anymore.

The owner of the working phone thinks that if I root his phone, it may not function the way it is doing presently. He thinks it will malfunction.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2014, 03:02 PM
(25-07-2014, 01:19 PM)sekyen 1) I think the battery went very low and refused to come on or charge again.
2) No, It has never been rooted before.
3) When the start button is pressed, nothing happens. I connected it to the PC yesterday which attempted to recognize the device but failed and it doesn't respond like that anymore.

The owner of the working phone thinks that if I root his phone, it may not function the way it is doing presently. He thinks it will malfunction.

I think you best leave that other phone out of this for now.
1. For how long have you left it connected to a power source?
2. Can you somehow remove the battery yourself?
3. If your answer to 2 is No, do you know how to use SP Flash tool?

Note!
sekyen
sekyen
sekyen
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2014, 04:07 PM
I think you best leave that other phone out of this for now.
1. For how long have you left it connected to a power source?
2. Can you somehow remove the battery yourself?
3. If your answer to 2 is No, do you know how to use SP Flash tool?

I charged it for more than 24hours. I have tried to remove the battery but the terminals are soldered in, so I couldn't disconnect it. I have never used the SP flash tool but I have installed it in my PC.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-07-2014, 06:28 PM

(25-07-2014, 04:07 PM)sekyen I charged it for more than 24hours. I have tried to remove the battery but the terminals are soldered in, so I couldn't disconnect it. I have never used the SP flash tool but I have installed it in my PC.
If the warranty is still active, then I strongly advise you take it in for replacement. If you however wish to try fix it, then get the working p9 because you'll need it to install necessary drivers (don't worry, you won't need to root it) and scatter file for Tecno p9.

Note!
Pages (41): Previous 113 14 15 16 1741 Next