Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android SOLVED!!!---TWRP Porter works ok but white screen after flashing ported recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

SOLVED!!!---TWRP Porter works ok but white screen after flashing ported recovery

SOLVED!!!---TWRP Porter works ok but white screen after flashing ported recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
22-01-2019, 12:14 AM

weird, always work, but not this time in nougat sc9832a, flashed and a white screen appears and then, reboots to system, i tried to manually port with Android Image Studio but an error shows something like offset and other related partition stuff, the recovery is a RAW backup image with 20mb, ive always port recoveries with the porter tool but always are .pac extracted images, not RAW full backup, the extracted .pac recoveries always be 14mb, 15mb and so on, not a full RAW image filled the hole partition, i tried to extract recovery.img with root but always gave me a full 20mb RAW img, how can i extract just 14mb/15mb/16mb recovery.img? i think the size are the problem or the image type, i appreciated all your help, i really need a TWRP for restore build.prop and other files if i mess it up, thanks a lot!
This post was last modified: 24-01-2019, 06:21 AM by Alexanderlll.
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
22-01-2019, 12:21 AM
weird, always work, but not this time in nougat sc9832a, flashed and a white screen appears and then, reboots to system, i tried to manually port with Android Image Studio but an error shows something like offset and other related partition stuff, the recovery is a RAW backup image with 20mb, ive always port recoveries with the porter tool but always are .pac extracted images, not RAW full backup, the extracted .pac recoveries always be 14mb, 15mb and so on, not a full RAW image filled the hole partition, i tried to extract recovery.img with root but always gave me a full 20mb RAW img, how can i extract just 14mb/15mb/16mb recovery.img? i think the size are the problem or the image type, i appreciated all your help, i really need a TWRP for restore build.prop and other files if i mess it up, thanks a lot!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22-01-2019, 09:29 AM
(22-01-2019, 12:14 AM)Alexanderlll weird, always work, but not this time in nougat sc9832a, flashed and a white screen appears and then, reboots to system, i tried to manually port with Android Image Studio but an error shows something like offset and other related partition stuff, the recovery is a RAW backup image with 20mb, ive always port recoveries with the porter tool but always are .pac extracted images, not RAW full backup, the extracted .pac recoveries always be 14mb, 15mb and so on, not a full RAW image filled the hole partition, i tried to extract recovery.img with root but always gave me a full 20mb RAW img, how can i extract just 14mb/15mb/16mb recovery.img? i think the size are the problem or the image type, i appreciated all your help, i really need a TWRP for restore build.prop and other files if i mess it up, thanks a lot!

whether its raw or not shouldn't be a problem. flash back your stock recovery dump lets know if you're able to boot into recovery mode
BTW how did you flash the custom recovery?
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
23-01-2019, 12:44 AM
the recovery dump RAW .img are fine, flash ok in fastboot and booted ok, flash ok with root and rashr, booting in recovery normally and everything works, and the TWRP Porter says porting ok and you need to patch VM-verity but i have root with patched Magisk boot.img, the phone boots ok even with the bad-ported recovery flashed
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
23-01-2019, 10:05 AM

(23-01-2019, 12:44 AM)Alexanderlll the recovery dump RAW .img are fine, flash ok in fastboot and booted ok, flash ok with root and rashr, booting in recovery normally and everything works, and the TWRP Porter says porting ok and you need to patch VM-verity but i have root with patched Magisk boot.img, the phone boots ok even with the bad-ported recovery flashed

ok, just needed to verify that stock recovery dump is in order
try porting using version 5 & 6 in the tool, lets know if any of them works
This post was last modified: 23-01-2019, 10:05 AM by X3non.
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
24-01-2019, 06:19 AM
X3non says:

JAJAJAJA it works!!! Amazing!!!, and everything works, what the heeeell, Thank You so much buddy, and Thanks to all the Hovatek Team, finally i got my TWRP ready to flash without pc backup and lets go to mod and debloat Big Grin
This post was last modified: 24-01-2019, 06:24 AM by Alexanderlll.
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
24-01-2019, 08:16 AM
My system is Android 7.0, works porting with Android 6 option
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
24-01-2019, 08:49 AM
(24-01-2019, 08:16 AM)Alexanderlll My system is Android 7.0, works porting with Android 6 option

Which tool version you had used for porting recovery  (auto tool) stable or beta.
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
24-01-2019, 08:53 AM
(24-01-2019, 06:19 AM)Alexanderlll X3non says:

JAJAJAJA it works!!! Amazing!!!, and everything works, what the heeeell, Thank You so much buddy, and Thanks to all the Hovatek Team, finally i got my TWRP ready to flash without pc backup and lets go to mod and debloat Big Grin
Is it booted successfully ???
No white screen and reboot
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
Alexanderlll
25-01-2019, 12:33 AM

(24-01-2019, 08:53 AM)shankar1790
(24-01-2019, 06:19 AM)Alexanderlll X3non says:

Is it booted successfully ???
No white screen and reboot

Succeed, boots ok in system and recovery works, mount partitions, backups, everything Big Grin
Pages (2): 1 2 Next