Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] FLASHED WRONG PRELOADER.BIN phone wont come up or get detected by SP Flash Tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] FLASHED WRONG PRELOADER.BIN phone wont come up or get detected by SP Flash Tool

[Please help] FLASHED WRONG PRELOADER.BIN phone wont come up or get detected by SP Flash Tool

steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
25-01-2019, 09:01 PM

I have a tecno camon cm ca6, it was stuck on camon logo and i managed to fix it by flashing with SP flash tool using files from a ROM. Detected that it had invalid imei and unknown baseband and decided to flash the correct files to fix the baseband issue first but mistakenly flashed a wrong preloader file. The device doesnt charge or come on. It is only detected as MediaTek USB Port. SP flash tool doesnt detect it so as to flash another preloader. Pleas help!
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
26-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Try holding volume buttons while connecting.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
(25-01-2019, 09:01 PM)steel I have a tecno camon cm ca6, it was stuck on camon logo and i managed to fix it by flashing with SP flash tool using files from a ROM. Detected that it had invalid imei and unknown baseband and decided to flash the correct files to fix the baseband issue first but mistakenly flashed a wrong preloader file. The device doesnt charge or come on. It is only detected as MediaTek USB Port. SP flash tool doesnt detect it so as to flash another preloader. Pleas help!

you can also try disconnecting / reconnecting the battery
then retry flashing with and without holding vol buttons
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
26-01-2019, 01:29 PM
[quote pid='159526' dateline='1548492441']
(25-01-2019, 09:01 PM)steel I have a tecno camon cm ca6, it was stuck on camon logo and i managed to fix it by flashing with SP flash tool using files from a ROM. Detected that it had invalid imei and unknown baseband and decided to flash the correct files to fix the baseband issue first but mistakenly flashed a wrong preloader file. The device doesnt charge or come on. It is only detected as MediaTek USB Port. SP flash tool doesnt detect it so as to flash another preloader. Pleas help!

you can also try disconnecting / reconnecting the battery
then retry flashing with and without holding vol buttons
[/quote]

The device has a non-removable battery.
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
26-01-2019, 01:31 PM

(26-01-2019, 09:25 AM)EMMANUS Try holding volume buttons while connecting.

Tried that too. It only gets detected as mediatek USB PORT and flash tool doesnt flash to it
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-01-2019, 03:45 PM
(26-01-2019, 01:29 PM)steel The device has a non-removable battery.

You'll have to disassemble the phone to get to the battery.

(26-01-2019, 01:31 PM)steel Tried that too. It only gets detected as mediatek USB PORT and flash tool doesnt flash to it

Try manually updating the drivers using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
26-01-2019, 08:49 PM
(26-01-2019, 03:45 PM)innagee
(26-01-2019, 01:29 PM)steel The device has a non-removable battery.

You'll have to disassemble the phone to get to the battery.

(26-01-2019, 01:31 PM)steel Tried that too. It only gets detected as mediatek USB PORT and flash tool doesnt flash to it

Try manually updating the drivers using the method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

I dont think anything is wrong with the drivers. Worked just fine before i flashed the wrong PRELOADER.   Disconnecting the battery may damage it.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
27-01-2019, 06:24 PM
You may damage it if you're not careful while disconnecting the battery. If you're not good or skilled at it, then take it to a technician.

Which files are you trying to flash now?

If the files that had network issue contain preloader, I suggest you flash it back.
If you're flashing with the correct preloader, it should be successful.
Hold volume button when connecting the cable.
This post was last modified: 27-01-2019, 06:25 PM by EMMANUS.
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
28-01-2019, 05:07 AM
(27-01-2019, 06:24 PM)EMMANUS You may damage it if you're not careful while disconnecting the battery. If you're not good or skilled at it, then take it to a technician.

Which files are you trying to flash now?

If the files that had network issue contain preloader, I suggest you flash it back.
If you're flashing with the correct preloader, it should be successful.
Hold volume button when connecting the cable.

maybe I’d try this. Not sure what build it is so i got all 3 preloaders for the 3 builds. Tried to flash them 1 after the other. Still doesnt work. I think it’s because it is detected as mediatek usb port and not vcom or preloder
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-01-2019, 11:16 AM

(28-01-2019, 05:07 AM)steel maybe I’d try this. Not sure what build it is so i got all 3 preloaders for the 3 builds. Tried to flash them 1 after the other. Still doesnt work. I think it’s because it is detected as mediatek usb port and not vcom or preloder

disconnect / reconnect the battery (take it to an experienced person to help if you cant do)
then reflash the first rom build you flashed that resulted in the network issue