Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Maui Meta issues
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Maui Meta issues

Maui Meta issues

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
Enthusiastic Member
07-02-2019, 04:15 AM

Trying to use maui meta to unlock bands on a Doogee BL12000, chip 6750T

Read somewhere that bands can be opened using Maui Meta and would like to give it a shot.

Cannot get past kernel, just gives an error.  Have tried on Maui Meta 10 and the latest 9.

The Doogee BL12000 does not work on US networks, only uses band 1/3/7/8/20

Flashed HOMTOM HT70 MD1, MD3 and Secro files, these open bands that work on the HOMTOM Ht70 device in the US, but will not work on the Doogee BL12000

Can simply repair the IMEI using adb shell

echo 'AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI"' >/dev/radio/pttycmd1

So IMEI is not the issue
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-02-2019, 11:40 AM
(07-02-2019, 04:15 AM)wonderpoop Trying to use maui meta to unlock bands on a Doogee BL12000, chip 6750T
Read somewhere that bands can be opened using Maui Meta and would like to give it a shot.
Cannot get past kernel, just gives an error.  Have tried on Maui Meta 10 and the latest 9.
Flashed HOMTOM HT70 MD1, MD3 and Secro files, these open bands that work on the HOMTOM Ht70 device in the US, but will not work on the Doogee BL12000
So IMEI is not the issue

manipulating and enabling the bands on the phone doesn't mean the phone will connect to the desired network. the phone needs to have hardware compatibility with the network band. the bands enabled by default are the only bands the hardware supports
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
Enthusiastic Member
08-02-2019, 05:04 PM
(07-02-2019, 11:40 AM)X3non
(07-02-2019, 04:15 AM)wonderpoop Trying to use maui meta to unlock bands on a Doogee BL12000, chip 6750T
So IMEI is not the issue

manipulating and enabling the bands on the phone doesn't mean the phone will connect to the desired network. the phone needs to have hardware compatibility with the network band. the bands enabled by default are the only bands the hardware supports

Well, then, I guess it can't hurt to try and see if this phone works with those bands.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-02-2019, 09:41 AM
(08-02-2019, 05:04 PM)wonderpoop Well, then, I guess it can't hurt to try and see if this phone works with those bands.

yes, you're free to try and  good thing you can fix imei but you better take an nvram backup for when you eventually break nvram components not necessarily imei
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 12:49 AM

(09-02-2019, 09:41 AM)X3non
(08-02-2019, 05:04 PM)wonderpoop Well, then, I guess it can't hurt to try and see if this phone works with those bands.

yes, you're free to try and  good thing you can fix imei but you better take an nvram backup for when you eventually break nvram components not necessarily imei

I backed up the my nvram and nvdata, because with my tests, lost my imei number tons of times.

Have actually accidentally discovered that if you use SPFLASH to flash the MD1/MD3 and get a hold of  a nvram from a like phone that it unlocks the bands.  For example, flashed the MD1/MD3 files from a ZTE blade 2 axon and the nvram from a xiaomi redmi note 4.  This is going to make you lose your IMEI regardless, but this device actually lets you fix it using:

adb shell to run commands:

echo 'AT+EGMR=1,10,"imei1"' > /dev/radio/pttycmd1
echo 'AT+EGMR=1,10,"imei2"' > /dev/radio/pttycmd1

Only thing is, not sure if the nvram is correct.  Trying to get my hands on a nvram/nvdata from the zte, or even an Irulu GeoKing 3 max.  This just might work, unless somebody can help me getting maui meta to connect.  If somebody is really that afraid of me getting their imei numbers, they can do the same thing and write all zero's, use SPFLASH to backup NVRAM, then repair.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-02-2019, 02:00 PM
(10-02-2019, 12:49 AM)wonderpoop ...
Only thing is, not sure if the nvram is correct.  Trying to get my hands on a nvram/nvdata from the zte, or even an Irulu GeoKing 3 max.  This just might work, unless somebody can help me getting maui meta to connect.  If somebody is really that afraid of me getting their imei numbers, they can do the same thing and write all zero's, use SPFLASH to backup NVRAM, then repair.

have you actually crossed check the supported 4G bands on these phone models with the network providers in the U.S?
e.g Homtom HT70 in the link below doesn't seem to support much really
Code:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/homtom-ht70
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2019, 02:50 PM
(10-02-2019, 12:49 AM)wonderpoop

I backed up the my nvram and nvdata, because with my tests, lost my imei number tons of times.

Have actually accidentally discovered that if you use SPFLASH to flash the MD1/MD3 and get a hold of  a nvram from a like phone that it unlocks the bands.  For example, flashed the MD1/MD3 files from a ZTE blade 2 axon and the nvram from a xiaomi redmi note 4.  This is going to make you lose your IMEI regardless, but this device actually lets you fix it using:

Have a HOMTOM HT70 myself, Works on 3g networks here where I live, there is a tower not far from my house, and, one day while grocery shopping near the tower, showed 4g.

Never could get it to go into MTKPreloader mode, so, cannot backup the nvram.  Always shows at a MTK 6227 phone, when trying to flash the stock firmware from their website, just get a mismatch.  Using linux to flash my roms mainly, using linux to flash the Doogee, with no issues.

Have windows, installed Win10 with Vcom, same issue with the Homtom, was even able to force the driver to read from MTK USB modem to MTK Preloader on Win10 and Win7, but still get the same mismatch error.  Even took the phone apart and tried jumping the pins, nothing.

The reason bought this Doogee is because the specs between the two phones were so close, didn't see it to be an issue, but then again, never did look at the basebands to see.  Do see from the site you provided why only got 3G on the homtom, but since I already have the Doogee, worth a shot.
This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 02:56 PM by wonderpoop.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-02-2019, 10:45 AM
(10-02-2019, 02:50 PM)wonderpoop Have a HOMTOM HT70 myself, Works on 3g networks here where I live, there is a tower not far from my house, and, one day while grocery shopping near the tower, showed 4g.

Never could get it to go into MTKPreloader mode, so, cannot backup the nvram.  Always shows at a MTK 6227 phone, when trying to flash the stock firmware from their website, just get a mismatch.  Using linux to flash my roms mainly, using linux to flash the Doogee, with no issues.

Have windows, installed Win10 with Vcom, same issue with the Homtom, was even able to force the driver to read from MTK USB modem to MTK Preloader on Win10 and Win7, but still get the same mismatch error.  Even took the phone apart and tried jumping the pins, nothing.

The reason bought this Doogee is because the specs between the two phones were so close, didn't see it to be an issue, but then again, never did look at the basebands to see.  Do see from the site you provided why only got 3G on the homtom, but since I already have the Doogee, worth a shot.

which tool do you use to flash while on linux?
is the HOMTOM HT70 device rooted? if yes, then you could try dumping firmware using ADB mode in WWR tool v2.40
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
wonderpoop
Enthusiastic Member
12-02-2019, 03:23 AM
(10-02-2019, 02:50 PM)wonderpoop
(10-02-2019, 12:49 AM)wonderpoop

Have a HOMTOM HT70 myself, Works on 3g networks here where I live, there is a tower not far from my house, and, one day while grocery shopping near the tower, showed 4g.

SPFLASH

Rooted the homtom, then flashed the preloader.img from stock firmware provided from HOMTOM.CC via bootloader.

Bricked the phone, hard.  Since cannot get the phone to read in Windows, or, Linux as mtkxxpreloader, SPFLASH just gives the mismatch error.  Think I bought a lemon
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-02-2019, 10:36 AM

(12-02-2019, 03:23 AM)wonderpoop SPFLASH

Rooted the homtom, then flashed the preloader.img from stock firmware provided from HOMTOM.CC via bootloader.

Bricked the phone, hard.  Since cannot get the phone to read in Windows, or, Linux as mtkxxpreloader, SPFLASH just gives the mismatch error.  Think I bought a lemon

if you were able to flash using SPft, then you could try reading back using the same linux version and if successful, import the readbacks into windows and cut the rom using wwr tool
OR root the phone and backup using adb mode in wwr tool v2.40

create a new thread for the bricked device so we'll focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
Pages (2): 1 2 Next