Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] OTA update without losing magisk root on infinix hot 4 pro?
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] OTA update without losing magisk root on infinix hot 4 pro?

[Please help] OTA update without losing magisk root on infinix hot 4 pro?

Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
24-02-2019, 11:06 AM

Good day. Early this morning I received an update for infinix hot 4 pro, I'm running nougat already (last year's update) and currently rooted with magisk. I have read the journal on how to unroot mtk devices to install OTA updates (the journal doesn't address systemless root). My question is, is it possible for me to update even after restoring my stock boot image and using TWRP as the recovery for the update? (I asked this because if after I flash TWRP back, it'll ask me to wipe data partition and I don't want to go through that process)
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-02-2019, 09:46 AM
(24-02-2019, 11:06 AM)Joseph_ify Good day. Early this morning I received an update for infinix hot 4 pro, I'm running nougat already (last year's update) and currently rooted with magisk. I have read the journal on how to unroot mtk devices to install OTA updates (the journal doesn't address systemless root). My question is, is it possible for me to update even after restoring my stock boot image and using TWRP as the recovery for the update? (I asked this because if after I flash TWRP back, it'll ask me to wipe data partition and I don't want to go through that process)

you cant use twrp to perform an OTA update, you'll only end up bricking the phone
if you made changes to /system then you also need to restore stock /system
Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
26-02-2019, 08:52 AM
(25-02-2019, 09:46 AM)X3non
(24-02-2019, 11:06 AM)Joseph_ify
Good day. Early this morning I received an update for infinix hot 4 pro, I'm running nougat already (last year's update) and currently rooted with magisk. I have read the journal on how to unroot mtk devices to install OTA updates (the journal doesn't address systemless root). My question is, is it possible for me to update even after restoring my stock boot image and using TWRP as the recovery for the update? (I asked this because if after I flash TWRP back, it'll ask me to wipe data partition and I don't want to go through that process)

you cant use twrp to perform an OTA update, you'll only end up bricking the phone
if you made changes to /system then you also need to restore stock /system

Thank you sir

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Pro using Hovatek Mobile
Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
Joseph_ify
26-02-2019, 08:56 AM
I also want to ask. How can I restore my phone back to stock without a PC? Let's say my PC got spoilt or stolen and I'm still rooted

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
26-02-2019, 12:03 PM

(26-02-2019, 08:56 AM)Joseph_ify I also want to ask. How can I restore my phone back to stock without a PC? Let's say my PC got spoilt or stolen and I'm still rooted

unless you don't mind bricking the phone, use another pc or fix your spoilt one Smile