Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Wwr_MTK backing up error
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Wwr_MTK backing up error

Wwr_MTK backing up error

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
17-03-2019, 02:06 PM

I'm trying to backup my firmware 1st problem  (ram test) with the link u  putted  and in the last step   Wwr  not asking for preloader and when i select scatter file to choose  what  backup  all the list have no  files 
(Infinix note 5  mt6763)

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-03-2019, 11:11 AM
(17-03-2019, 02:06 PM)Toxicvape I'm trying to backup my firmware 1st problem  (ram test) with the link u  putted  and in the last step   Wwr  not asking for preloader and when i select scatter file to choose  what  backup  all the list have no  files 
(Infinix note 5  mt6763)

ram test is step 17, ensure to read everything including what's inside the brackets in step 17 before proceeding

Wwr  not asking for preloader and when i select scatter file to choose  what  backup  all the list have no files
you need to explain properly what you mean by this; attach screenshots if possible
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
18-03-2019, 01:49 PM
I can't send screen shots here idk why but i sent it in messenger
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
18-03-2019, 01:58 PM
(18-03-2019, 11:11 AM)X3non
(17-03-2019, 02:06 PM)Toxicvape I'm trying to backup my firmware 1st problem  (ram test) with the link u  putted  and in the last step   Wwr  not asking for preloader and when i select scatter file to choose  what  backup  all the list have no  files 
(Infinix note 5  mt6763)

ram test is step 17, ensure to read everything including what's inside the brackets in step 17 before proceeding

Wwr  not asking for preloader and when i select scatter file to choose  what  backup  all the list have no files
you need to explain properly what you mean by this; attach screenshots if possible
In ram test i got error so i   made  what is in the other link  to get the  full length then i did a   full readback with it   and when i put the  file i readedback in wwr to make it flash able with sp it not working  no pop up message say  there is no preloader  and tell me to choose one and   no files detected when i go to partion section all  components is available with it's length  but still not working
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-03-2019, 03:20 PM

(18-03-2019, 01:58 PM)Toxicvape In ram test i got error so i   made  what is in the other link  to get the  full length then i did a   full readback with it   and when i put the  file i readedback in wwr to make it flash able with sp it not working  no pop up message say  there is no preloader  and tell me to choose one and   no files detected when i go to partion section all  components is available with it's length  but still not working

i cant seem to understand you, post a screenshot or video of what you did
did you readback emmc_boot1 which is supposed to have preloader?
if you did and you've analyzed and extracted preloader using preloader tab
then load your full rom dump, goto scatter file tab then select cut the rom > cut the rom into a folder
this should process the files

to get a scatter file, download scatter file for note 5 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23512.html
modify using notepad++
check if the partitions and their start address and length from wwr match those in the scatter file you download (it should match been the same phone)
if it doesn't then change values where necessary and you can use the scatter file as your rom dump scatter file
let me know if there's any part of what i just mentioned you dont understand
This post was last modified: 18-03-2019, 03:23 PM by X3non.
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
18-03-2019, 06:30 PM
(18-03-2019, 03:20 PM)X3non
(18-03-2019, 01:58 PM)Toxicvape

In ram test i got error so i   made  what is in the other link  to get the  full length then i did a   full readback with it   and when i put the  file i readedback in wwr to make it flash able with sp it not working  no pop up message say  there is no preloader  and tell me to choose one and   no files detected when i go to partion section all  components is available with it's length  but still not working

i cant seem to understand you, post a screenshot or video of what you did
did you readback emmc_boot1 which is supposed to have preloader?
if you did and you've analyzed and extracted preloader using preloader tab
then load your full rom dump, goto scatter file tab then select cut the rom > cut the rom into a folder
this should process the files

to get a scatter file, download scatter file for note 5 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23512.html
modify using notepad++
check if the partitions and their start address and length from wwr match those in the scatter file you download (it should match been the same phone)
if it doesn't then change values where necessary and you can use the scatter file as your rom dump scatter file
let me know if there's any part of what i just mentioned you dont understand

Yes i readback the emmc_boot1 and got the preloader
And done all other steps and readback emmc_user which is the full firmware dump and when i browse it on wwr to make it flashable the button is closed (
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4xWcnEMAoYap2SCf6)

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Hovatek Mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-03-2019, 09:24 AM
(18-03-2019, 06:30 PM)Toxicvape ...
And done all other steps and readback emmc_user which is the full firmware dump and when i browse it on wwr to make it flashable the button is closed (

"load your full rom dump, goto scatter file tab then select cut the rom > cut the rom into a folder
this should process the files"

in your screenshot, you've selected scatter of the second version which is not the same as cut the rom
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
19-03-2019, 11:37 AM
(19-03-2019, 09:24 AM)X3non
(18-03-2019, 06:30 PM)Toxicvape
And done all  other steps and  readback emmc_user  which is the full  firmware dump and when i browse it on wwr to  make it flashable  the button is closed (

"load your full rom dump, goto scatter file tab then select cut the rom > cut the rom into a folder
this should process the files"

in your screenshot, you've selected scatter of the second version which is not the same as cut the rom

I did like u said ( https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2yQDqUGrZXPgGsd7)

This post was last modified: 19-03-2019, 04:17 PM by Toxicvape.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-03-2019, 04:31 PM
(19-03-2019, 11:37 AM)Toxicvape I did like u said

i believe you did preloader analysis and extracted a a working preloader from emmc_boot1,
if yes, copy the extracted preloader***.bin file into this folder and delete the existing preloader file

to get a scatter file, download scatter file for similar note 5 build @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23512.html
i.e if your current build number is X605-H632AD-***  then download scatter for the same build
modify the scatter file using notepad++

you can then rename the files from your backup to match the filenames within the scatter file. e.g 
boot_a to boot_a.img 
lk_a to lk_a.bin 

the entire files + the scatter file is your backup

On sideways note, not pertaining to this thread
to get the right boot image for patching and rooting, you need to check the active slot on your device
  • adb reboot bootloader
  • fastboot getvar all OR fastboot getvar current-slot
this should output the current active slot on your device, if the output is A then patch boot_a.img using magisk for rooting
if its B then use boot_b.img
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
Toxicvape
19-03-2019, 09:33 PM

(19-03-2019, 04:31 PM)X3non
(19-03-2019, 11:37 AM)Toxicvape
I did like u said

i believe you did preloader analysis and extracted a a working preloader from emmc_boot1,
if yes, copy the extracted preloader***.bin file into this folder and delete the existing preloader file

to get a scatter file, download scatter file for similar note 5 build @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23512.html
i.e if your current build number is X605-H632AD-***  then download scatter for the same build
modify the scatter file using notepad++

you can then rename the files from your backup to match the filenames within the scatter file. e.g 
boot_a to boot_a.img 
lk_a to lk_a.bin 

the entire files + the scatter file is your backup

On sideways note, not pertaining to this thread
to get the right boot image for patching and rooting, you need to check the active slot on your device

• adb reboot bootloader
  • fastboot getvar all OR fastboot getvar current-slot
this should output the current active slot on your device, if the output is A then patch boot_a.img using magisk for rooting
if its B then use boot_b.img

Oh thanks i got it i copied the preloader already and i got the scatter file i will change the length and check them rename the files
The problem that fastboot not working but i think im on slot b cuz before updating to pie it was slot A so i should patch boot_b.img and try to patch it with sp flash tool

This post was last modified: 19-03-2019, 09:34 PM by Toxicvape.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next