Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Itel1501 Network Not working and No Custom Recovery
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Itel1501 Network Not working and No Custom Recovery

[Please help] Itel1501 Network Not working and No Custom Recovery

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-03-2019, 10:56 AM

I have itel1501 Android 4.4 phone I bought the phone on 2015, it was fully functional until last week. Now the phone has No Cellular network access at all. I take it to the nearest Carl care office near my town jimma,Ethiopia but they said "The problem is the software, to recover it back its network it must be flashed with new software but the phones PCB board is damaged, means having bad USB port now we don't have this model PCB board."

I tried ot to flash it with TWRP or any custom recovery and I searched the phones model on google for that but there is no any custom recovery for this model and then I tried to port the recovery with Spreadtrum Auto TWRP porter 1.4 and flashed it to the phone then when i rebooted to recovery the ported TWRP looks fine but when I goes to install the storage is not mounted totally. I tried to mount via TWRP Mount Option but it is blurred.

Is there a way to get a working Custom recovery for the phone described above or not?

Or any way to flash it with other tool or method, please describe it to me!

Please help me!

My phone is:-

BRAND:-Itel
MODEL:-It1501
Chipset:-SC......
Android:-4.4 Kitkat

Sent from my TECNO CX Air using Tapatalk
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
25-03-2019, 05:23 PM
(25-03-2019, 10:56 AM)Mikesew I have itel1501 Android 4.4 phone I bought the phone on 2015, it was fully functional until last week. Now the phone has No Cellular network access at all. I take it to the nearest Carl care office near my town jimma,Ethiopia but they said "The problem is the software, to recover it back its network it must be flashed with new software but the phones PCB board is damaged, means having bad USB port now we don't have this model PCB board."

get the mount points of your phone @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11203.html
extract twrp recovery @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15817.html
replace values in ramdisk/etc/*.fstab with the correct mount points you obtained from first link, you could also try getting them from stock recovery.img
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-03-2019, 05:29 PM
(25-03-2019, 10:56 AM)Mikesew I have itel1501 Android 4.4 phone I bought the phone on 2015, it was fully functional until last week. Now the phone has No Cellular network access at all. I take it to the nearest Carl care office near my town jimma,Ethiopia but they said "The problem is the software, to recover it back its network it must be flashed with new software but the phones PCB board is damaged, means having bad USB port now we don't have this model PCB board."

I tried ot to flash it with TWRP or any custom recovery and I searched the phones model on google for that but there is no any custom recovery for this model and then I tried to port the recovery with Spreadtrum Auto TWRP porter 1.4  and flashed it to the phone then when i rebooted to recovery the ported TWRP looks fine but when I goes to install the storage is not mounted totally. I tried to mount via TWRP Mount Option  but it is blurred.

Is there a way to get a working Custom recovery for the phone described above or not?

Or any way to flash it with other tool or method, please describe it to me!

Please help me!

My phone is:-

BRAND:-Itel
MODEL:-It1501
Chipset:-SC......
Android:-4.4 Kitkat

You said USB port is damaged then how did you flash the TWRP custom recovery? 
Is the phone rooted?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-03-2019, 07:08 PM
My phone is rooted via King root. I used flashify to flash the ported recovery.

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
25-03-2019, 07:10 PM

Is there another tool to port custom recovery for lower android versions like Kitkat(4.4)

If there please tell me or give me the link with the tutorial!

This post was last modified: 25-03-2019, 07:11 PM by xerxes.
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
26-03-2019, 04:26 AM
(25-03-2019, 07:10 PM)Mikesew Is there another tool to port custom recovery for lower android versions like Kitkat(4.4)

May this will help you
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android...s-t3560777
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
26-03-2019, 10:11 AM
(25-03-2019, 07:10 PM)Mikesew Is there another tool to port custom recovery for lower android versions like Kitkat(4.4)

v1.0 of hovatek spd porter has support for kitkat, you can try it out
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
26-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Ok thanks!