Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] HELP PLZ.. MEIZU M5 NOTE Dead After Format using SP Flash Tool.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] HELP PLZ.. MEIZU M5 NOTE Dead After Format using SP Flash Tool.

[Please help] HELP PLZ.. MEIZU M5 NOTE Dead After Format using SP Flash Tool.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
27-03-2019, 07:40 PM

(27-03-2019, 04:37 PM)X3non you can give SP flash tool one last try, enable advanced mode by pressing Ctrl + Alt + V
In spft > window > write memory
use the write memory tab to write preloader (emmc_boot1), see if it writes successfully, if it does then try the others

Man, too bad that i dont have the PC to try this one, and it makes me crazy. Im gonna give this a try after office.. 

Btw, im looking at your post here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html, but Im not confident to say that I understand this. I feel bad that I dnt have the PC, for me to provide screen caps of the following, (I will later) :

-could it be that I got the incorrect values to format emmc_boot1, and thats why I cant format. Or should I really not touch it
- could it also be with emmc_boot2 and emmc_user? I can format them succesfully, but must be with incorrect values, which is probably why I always get the fobidden error when i try writting.. 

I dont know how I should say thank you now, X3non. 
Thanks for allowing me another try..
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-03-2019, 09:23 AM
(27-03-2019, 07:40 PM)sicariusM5 ...
Btw, im looking at your post here: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21638.html, but Im not confident to say that I understand this. I feel bad that I dnt have the PC, for me to provide screen caps of the following, (I will later) :

No need to format the phone again, you've already formatted before & this is the reason the phone is in this condition
what you need now is a way to write / flash back stock firmware
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
28-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Hey sir X3non,

I got this error upon trying your advice: https://ibb.co/6rG57HB

On the format tab. I am able to format EMMC_BOOT2 and EMMC_USER, using the scatter file provided in the 6.7.8.8G Beta..
This makes me wonder why I am not able to Write, while I can format both storage..

But. . .Im not able to format EMMC_BOOT1.. this must be the preloader's region. its security wall is too Super thick!

But you know what I discovered? While in advanced mode, I saw under Windows tab > Security mode.
This adds another section called certification file under the DA, Scatter, and Auth file selector section.

Im now searching where I can find this certification file,.

If this will all not work. Im gonna bring the phone to an MRT Dongle wielder..

(27-03-2019, 07:40 PM)X3non No need to format the phone again, you've already formatted before & this is the reason the phone is in this condition

what you need now is a way to write / flash back stock firmware

I was late reading this sir.  I tried another format. Im sorry. hehehe
This post was last modified: 28-03-2019, 09:49 AM by sicariusM5.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-03-2019, 05:00 PM
(28-03-2019, 09:44 AM)sicariusM5 ...
I got this error upon trying your advice: https://ibb.co/6rG57HB

set begin address to 0x0 then retry
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
29-03-2019, 11:58 AM

(28-03-2019, 05:00 PM)X3non set begin address to 0x0 then retry

Hey Sir. X3non

I just got home from the technician who has an MRT dongle. I explained him everything that happened, and he agreed to use the ROM 6.8G Beta that I downloaded from your link. He tried to Flash using also my suggestions - which came from all that i have read.

The tool read the phone - tried flashing and it got an error in somewhere - which Im assuming was the partition of the Preloader. But as I look on his screen, i saw that the tool flashed some files:

Here are the files that I remember that flashed:

md1img
md1dsp
md1arm7 (not sure)
md3img (not sure as well)
lk1
lk2
tee1
tee2

and from there, Confused the bar had stopped in 0%.. It stopped for several minutes and now i'm disheartened.

- My wife, who was with me in the fight of reviving this phone approached me and told me she was hungry, so we left, asking the technician to just let it flash ... we'll just look for some food and will be back soon.. And we found a shawarma.. 

- So after consuming the Indian delicacy (if i was right it is Indian), I've gone back to tech.. Now I found my comatosed phone disconnected from the life support.. So I guess its goodbye. 

Tech said " Hey man, it did not push through.. I decided not to continue.. your phone is entirely broken i guess"

So I said, "OK sir.. thanks"

Alright... so I'll try to figure something out i said to myself..

But lo and be hold.... 

As I turned around and walk several yards, until i could no longer see the tech's station.. I tried Pushing power + volume down for a few seconds and it vibrate! "Damn what does that mean" Huh Huh I asked my wife... She said nothing but I looked at her then she laugh after I say "Ma' This will flash... I think it will". I was so Happy that the vibrate with 5 seconds interval does not end. I was thinking like its a heart beat! My buddy is still alive... i said. its just that he is asleep...

Now I'm worried that the vibration never stops permanently. "It will drain the batt.." I said. So I have to disassemble the phone manually while we were riding home ... The screws were OFF for 2 weeks now so It was easy for me to dismantle it and disconnected the batt for 5 seconds.. Bring all back and waited til I reach home

Now I got home. Sat on my cockpit, and set all the tools.. 
Pulled up the 5.1824 SPFT and tried loading the 6.8 beta G..

I unmarked all, then marked the following:

-recovery
-boot
-logo

Press Download button at the Top.

Now, before I plug the USB cord connected to the phone, I press again the Power Button + Volume Down for about 15 sec I guess. It vibrated again. Now plugged it. ERROR : STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL (0xC0060005)

I noticed that the phone screen lit up.. But pure black.. no logo, nor loading.. My buddy woke up, can you believe it?!

Tried Flashing the same files again, NOW IT FLASHED!!! and the dream to see the Large Green OK came true!!

I tried booting him... And He tried too but he was so weak! ( Batteries at 0%)

I charged him for a few minutes so we can continue the operations.. 

Now I decided to flash everything except the preloader. This time not holding and buttons..

ALL ARE NOW FLASHED! This is good now.. He is now trying to recover some energy from my laptop...

I think you know what it is now....

Bro you helped me revive my budd!

I almost gave up, but you X3non, inspired me.. Thinking that you yourself do not own this phone, yet you care, man! So that is what made me continue! You were like Naruto for me...

I have not been able to boot him so far.. I do not know, but I think I have to use the 7.0 update.zip from the official site now via recovery... 

I'm sorry for the long reply.. I just want to share you my happiness, bro.. 

LONG LIVE HOVATEK.COM!!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-03-2019, 05:07 PM
(29-03-2019, 11:58 AM)sicariusM5 ...
I have not been able to boot him so far.. I do not know, but I think I have to use the 7.0 update.zip from the official site now via recovery... 
I'm sorry for the long reply.. I just want to share you my happiness, bro.. 

LONG LIVE HOVATEK.COM!!!

thanks for sharing your experience and good to know the phone can power on now
after flashing successfully, you're still not able to boot into homescreen?
try factory resetting the phone in recovery mode
This post was last modified: 29-03-2019, 05:09 PM by X3non.
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
30-03-2019, 07:22 AM
(29-03-2019, 05:07 PM)X3non thanks for sharing your experience and good to know the phone can power on now
after flashing successfully, you're still not able to boot into homescreen?
try factory resetting the phone in recovery mode

Hey X3non.

Factory reset did not work, not even trying to update the firmware using the update.zip...

So what I did is to flash: 6.7.9.26G
Now I am able to use my phone. But there's 1 big question: The IMEI is null - this must be the reason I cant go on upgrading the device using the update zip file...

I tried searching and this seem to be quite a challenge for me.. 

Do you have any link where I can download the Nvram.bin/img and Nvdata.bin/img from here? I tried searching already but could find nothing... 

I tried a few suggestions from the official site of Flyme, but all of it did not work:

- Deleting the nvram folder
- Deleting nvdata folder

but i have not used the tool hero yet.. 

What can you suggest??

Tell me if I now need to make a new thread, because the phone has now revived, in a different persona however.. LOL
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-03-2019, 12:20 PM
(30-03-2019, 07:22 AM)sicariusM5 ...
I tried searching and this seem to be quite a challenge for me.. 
Do you have any link where I can download the Nvram.bin/img and Nvdata.bin/img from here? I tried searching already but could find nothing... 
I tried a few suggestions from the official site of Flyme, but all of it did not work:
- Deleting the nvram folder
- Deleting nvdata folder

but i have not used the tool hero yet.. 

What can you suggest??

Tell me if I now need to make a new thread, because the phone has now revived, in a different persona however.. LOL

you need to check baseband in settings and ensure its not unknown
nvram and nvdata can only be gotten from another phone so unless you have another of the same phone or know someone who does, this is out of option
if your firmware has AP & BP files, you can try sn writer or maui meta method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html
if the firmware doesnt contain the files, you can try other methods on the list

if you still have problems with the imei after this then create a new thread so we'll focus on it
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
sicariusM5
31-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Hey X3non,

I was able to fix the IMEI using the Tool Hero

Now, the only problem that remains is the Serial Number which had defaulted to: 0123456789ABCDF

Im gonna creat a new thread since I could no longer find any solution..

I cant update the using the Original Firmware from the Flyme site, perhaps because it is looking for the serial number..
Could not able to use Finger Print, Lock screen with Password protection, nor change the Navigation style of the OS..

Im considering this thread as Fixed.. You have done a lot for me budd. THANK YOU A LOT
Pages (2): Previous 1 2