Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android MTK3367 Android Radio Head Unit
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

MTK3367 Android Radio Head Unit

MTK3367 Android Radio Head Unit

Ken Black
Ken Black
Ken Black
13-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Hi guys, 
Got this box from China and changed the radio input in Factory settings by accident now the device bootloops. Got firmware from supplier and flashed it but made no difference except the device no longer connects to my PC tried removing and reinstalling the vcom drivers but made no difference. Box still goes into a boot loop when I plug it into my car so not hard bricked. When I do manage to get it to connect to my PC again. Do i need to flash TEE1 and TEE2" partitions and the USERDATA partition?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-05-2019, 09:35 PM
(13-05-2019, 03:04 PM)Ken Black Hi guys, 
Got this box from China and changed the radio input in Factory settings by accident now the device bootloops. Got firmware from supplier and flashed it but made no difference except the device no longer connects to my PC tried removing and reinstalling the vcom drivers but made no difference. Box still goes into a boot loop when I plug it into my car so not hard bricked. When I do manage to get it to connect to my PC again. Do i need to flash TEE1 and TEE2" partitions and the USERDATA partition?

are you able to boot this device into recovery mode? you can search online if you can find anything pertaining to this, if you can perform a factory reset in recovery mode then check if the device can boot to homescreen
attach a full screenshot of the contents of the firmware you downloaded
Ken Black
Ken Black
Ken Black
14-05-2019, 06:38 AM
(13-05-2019, 09:35 PM)X3non
(13-05-2019, 03:04 PM)Ken Black Hi guys, 

are you able to boot this device into recovery mode? you can search online if you can find anything pertaining to this, if you can perform a factory reset in recovery mode then check if the device can boot to homescreen
attach a full screenshot of the contents of the firmware you downloaded
I'm not able to boot into recovery it hangs for a few secs (when I press Prt SCr Alt and I on a USB keyboard) and then flashes a white screen then goes back into the android splash screen hanging again. Whats really frustrating is I had it connected to my PC and the MTK flash tool son the drivers were ok at some point but for the last 24hrs i haven't been able to do anything with it. I've attached a screen print of the firmware supplied.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-05-2019, 09:09 AM
(14-05-2019, 06:38 AM)Ken Black I'm not able to boot into recovery it hangs for a few secs (when I press Prt SCr Alt and I on a USB keyboard) and then flashes a white screen then goes back into the android splash screen hanging again. Whats really frustrating is I had it connected to my PC and the MTK flash tool son the drivers were ok at some point but for the last 24hrs i haven't been able to do anything with it. I've attached a screen print of the firmware supplied.

there's no screenshots, you can upload to imgur.com then post the link here
when you connect the device to the PC while its powered off, does the PC make any sound? and does device manager refresh?
Ken Black
Ken Black
Ken Black
14-05-2019, 12:37 PM

Hello, No it doesn't make any noise nor does the Driver load in Device manager.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (10).png
Size: 309.29 KB / Downloads: 3
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-05-2019, 10:48 PM
(14-05-2019, 12:37 PM)Ken Black Hello, No it doesn't make any noise nor does the Driver load in Device manager.

disconnect / reconnect the battery then retry connecting it to the PC while switched off
does the device have any hardware buttons?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-05-2019, 10:01 PM
(13-05-2019, 03:04 PM)Ken Black Hi guys, 

What's the model name of this box?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.